GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Gotta think this is the last run of it for Kap unless he has a stellar season. What a waste that dude's career has been. Enjoy Frankfurt or whatever D-tier club you end up with a year from now, dork.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
51bt+-izM-L._AC_.jpg

HF servers trying to weather the storm of the Kapanen signing.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Goodleaf

Love a good stick.
Nov 15, 2010
It blows my mind that this website has sponsors who pay the website to be as dogshit as it is.

This is literally the only website I know of that shits itself with even a slight increase in user traffic.
I blame the people who come here 3 days a year that crash that site. If you dont love me at my Post Game vs the Isles in December, you dont deserve me on July 1.

Why not let Pomo, Kovainen, Poulin, PoolParty etc vie for that spot?
And let some other team steal Kase or Beauvillier??

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Koivunen is not NHL ready from what I can tell. Neither Poulin nor Puljujarvi are good enough to be in that role.
Well that’s the point of training camp…who knows…maybe Yager will blow everyone’s socks off…but he can’t find a spot if we’re up against it because of vet signings….there will be players cut in training camp by other teams and players looking for a PTO…I think they should wait unless they get a legit top LW on a one year deal

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The fact that we are even slightly seriously discussing who should potentially fill a bottom 6 RW spot if Puustinen can't (which lol, he's fine there) means something is dreadfully wrong.
To be fair, last year we signed White, Hino, Zohorna, etc bolster the forward depth. They are all FAs and I can't imagine they are coming back. We need a couple of depth guys. Otherwise, we are looking at Acciari or Hayes or Nieto...and we all know we need better.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If the team's fine being shitty, and they've been fine being shitty for years, be shitty with cheap dweebs like Puustinen and Poulin and Puljujarvi. Yeah, they suck shit, but they're not like $3M AAV for multiple years and potentially a NTC level terrible as options go.

Oh well. Sid's retirement can't come soon enough--end this f***ing masquerade once and for all so the team can finally turn the page. :laugh:

Goodleaf

Love a good stick.
Nov 15, 2010
Honest question in regards to the Kase rumors:
Besides Kaprizov...when is the last time someone came from Europe and had any impact in the NHL? Just curious what inside track have our scouts have on a guy that was meh in the NHL and then left for the 5th best league in Europe.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
To be fair, last year we signed White, Hino, Zohorna, etc bolster the forward depth. They are all FAs and I can't imagine they are coming back. We need a couple of depth guys. Otherwise, we are looking at Acciari or Hayes or Nieto...and we all know we need better.
I mean, sure, but with what money? We should be cutting costs there either way, especially if we're going to try to take on more bad contracts for assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad