GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The only slight saving grace to Beauvillier is that I don't think he will be viewed as a staple anywhere in the lineup. This isn't resigning Rust where you know a guy like DOC, Poulin, Pono, etc won't dislodge him from the top 6. Beauvillier is a guy you have no issue moving around the lineup.

That said, I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY don't want him. Unless they are thinking this a 900k Hinostanza, Colin White, Zohorna depth signing.

If Beauvillier happens, I figure Beauvillier will be a 1 year, cheap deal similar to the Heinen type of signings in the past. I don't understand why Dubas feels the need to sign him on July 1st (or frankly even in general), but I would hope that it wouldn't be anything more than a depth signing.

I truly doubt that they're going to sign a guy who had 17 points in 60 games and was traded for a 5th last year to play with Crosby.

Reactions: SEALBound

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He is also a guy that makes absolutely zero sense to sign.
Yeah, not if they are looking for a 1LW, absolutely not.

Last year was a shit year for him but he put up 40pts the year prior. Maybe they think it's more environment based? Again for 900k, no issues really. If they are thinking millions for more than a single season, then yes, zero sense.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It would make sense if we were trading someone like Pettersson or didn't have Graves.
I think you guys are insane for agonizing over Beauvillier and Gryzelcyk. So much better than giving out a 6 year deal on day 1 of FA.

This team just took a cap dump for a pick. They are not serious about contending anymore.

Its the right path, IF they actually pursue it and sell off some pieces.
Oh, so what pieces have they sold off?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If Beauvillier happens, I figure Beauvillier will be a 1 year, cheap deal similar to the Heinen type of signings in the past. I don't understand why Dubas feels the need to sign him on July 1st (or frankly even in general), but I would hope that it wouldn't be anything more than a depth signing.

I truly doubt that they're going to sign a guy who had 17 points in 60 games and was traded for a 5th last year to play with Crosby.
Agreed. He might be the guy you bring in if you don't get your 1LW and have to shift DOC up. Beauvillier then takes 3LW. Or he's waived and sent back and forth to WBS.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Our new slogan/motto.

giphy.gif

Ruhwedel on drums...

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, I mean, picking up guys is hopefully a step toward having something in place to fill in once Smith or Rakell or Graves or whoever is dealt. But I'm still extremely skeptical this team even views them as issues, let alone is trying to move them, -let alone- would accept zero value in return. Dubas may be interested in dealing them but I imagine he's trying to get value back beyond the simple removal of the player, and that ain't gonna happen.

Reactions: Gurglesons

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, not if they are looking for a 1LW, absolutely not.

Last year was a shit year for him but he put up 40pts the year prior. Maybe they think it's more environment based? Again for 900k, no issues really. If they are thinking millions for more than a single season, then yes, zero sense.
Yeah, I guess. It just seems you could roll the dice internally for 900k and get largely the same results. Either way, not super stoked about either idea.

Guentzel and cap space so far

I can’t predict the next 12 months, hence IF
How much of that cap space do we still have?

Guentzel and cap space so far

I can’t predict the next 12 months, hence IF

Reactions: SEALBound

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Yeah, I mean, picking up guys is hopefully a step toward having something in place to fill in once Smith or Rakell or Graves or whoever is dealt. But I'm still extremely skeptical this team even views them as issues, let alone is trying to move them, -let alone- would accept zero value in return. Dubas may be interested in dealing them but I imagine he's trying to get value back beyond the simple removal of the player, and that ain't gonna happen.

Don't Rak, Rust, R Smith and Jarry have NMC's?

I mean say whatever about this FA year, but 1 thing Kyle can't be doing is giving out any more NMCs. Team is handcuffed as it is...

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Bunting's at 4.5 million and we just grabed Hayes for 3.5 no?

If it happens (because I'm not yet convinced it does), the Beauvillier signing would make a lot more sense with a corresponding Smith for futures trade.
Absolutely. But I just hesitate to even think that's going to happen because this team isn't really proactive about making space.

If it happens (because I'm not yet convinced it does), the Beauvillier signing would make a lot more sense with a corresponding Smith for futures trade.
Absolutely. But I just hesitate to even think that's going to happen because this team isn't really proactive about making space.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
There's a lot to like in the trade market right now - Pinto and Robertson among them. Wouldn't make me sad to skip the sky high prices in FA, sign a couple depth guys, and re-enter the trade market.

That said, look at some of the dmen available in FA. I think this speaks to the idea that regardless of play, we should send Pettersson out for max value, and then look to fill the gap in FA. Petts is gonna get $5-6mil x 6-7 years. May as well grab a guy like Skjei but have a 1st round pick in your back pocket instead of resigning Pettersson.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

I think you seriously misunderstand my point.

IF this team is actually going to continue to make Guentzel and Hayes deals, they are moving in correct direction- in my opinion.

IF they do absolutely nothing more - not good.

Either way, I do not care about Beauvillier and Gryzelcyk unless the $ is stupid. Except to laugh at Gryz’s ties to Boston/BU/Quinn.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Don't Rak, Rust, R Smith and Jarry have NMC's?

I mean say whatever about this FA year, but 1 thing Kyle can't be doing is giving out any more NMCs. Team is handcuffed as it is...

Here are all our trade clauses

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
There's a lot to like in the trade market right now - Pinto and Robertson among them. Wouldn't make me sad to skip the sky high prices in FA, sign a couple depth guys, and re-enter the trade market.

That said, look at some of the dmen available in FA. I think this speaks to the idea that regardless of play, we should send Pettersson out for max value, and then look to fill the gap in FA. Petts is gonna get $5-6mil x 6-7 years. May as well grab a guy like Skjei but have a 1st round pick in your back pocket instead of resigning Pettersson.
For sure.

Back to space though, CapFriendly only has us at $7 and change for free cap space at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad