Value of: Frederik Andersen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Toronto's 2017 1st for patience would be a good trade.

It has been a whopping six games. Andersen has a horrible D core in front of him. The team is young. Did anyone expect a Vezina type of season from him?

Andersen in Anaheim had defensemen to work with, as well as a good back-up. Why would Andersen had changed that drastically during one offseason?

I think Dangle actually said it well in a recent video if his. If a team is consistently letting a ton of goals in, maybe there's something else to it than just a goalie, who just happened to finish his last season in Anaheim with almost .920 SV%.

Acquiring Andersen was the right thing to do. Now it's just a matter of time and other moves when the team in front of him can offer any support to him.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I love how Rielly/Gardiner/Zaitsev/Carrick get so much hype in other threads, then when it comes to threads about Andersen the excuse to why he has been brutal is because of the defence.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I think it's the actual goaltending system that's affecting Andersen the most. I don't watch Leaf games regularly, but I heard he's being much more aggressive, which he never was in Anaheim aside from going out to play the puck behind the net.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I love how Rielly/Gardiner/Zaitsev/Carrick get so much hype in other threads, then when it comes to threads about Andersen the excuse to why he has been brutal is because of the defence.

Rielly and Zaitsev are the only good ones, whoever hyped up Carrick is a joke and doesn't watch games.

Gardiner is alright.

That's 3/6 D that are actually decent. When half your D squad sucks, you can blame the D

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
when u pay cheap u get cheap things. Toronto's went the cheap way and expect big things lol

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I think it's the actual goaltending system that's affecting Andersen the most. I don't watch Leaf games regularly, but I heard he's being much more aggressive, which he never was in Anaheim aside from going out to play the puck behind the net.

Here's a pretty good article as to why this guy think's Andersen is struggling.

http://theleafsnation.com/2016/10/2...et-frederik-andersen-out-of-the-net-right-now

Short version:
He believes Andersen is playing through pain in his shoulder, and it's easier for Andersen to cut off the angle on high shots playing more aggressive.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

I agree, that makes little sense. The shortcomings especially of Gardiner compared to his valuation seem way too evident. The Tampa game was a rather perfect example. Who cares whether he helps create a couple medium quality shots when his missed assignment / adventurous defensive positioning results in a near-certain goal against...?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Rielly and Zaitsev are the only good ones, whoever hyped up Carrick is a joke and doesn't watch games.

Gardiner is alright.

That's 3/6 D that are actually decent. When half your D squad sucks, you can blame the D

If this is serious you clearly don't watch games. He's been better than Gardiner at what Gardiner does best

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Gardiner is alright.

Rielly has looked pretty bad defensively this year in the two games I watched. Is that just me being wrong / an outlier, or has he struggled in his own end? Just from what I've seen, it looks like the Leafs need a top shutdown defender to stabilize the entire back end.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Rielly has looked pretty bad defensively this year in the two games I watched. Is that just me being wrong / an outlier, or has he struggled in his own end? Just from what I've seen, it looks like the Leafs need a top shutdown defender to stabilize the entire back end.

So far he's playing the best hockey he's ever played.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site

Stoner is available I think.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Regardless of what the reason is for Andersen's struggles, his contract is pure poison at the moment. Until he starts playing as well as he used to despite the challenges, he'll go the way of every Leaf goalie since CuJo, probably.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I agree with everyone here....6 games under a new coach....with a new system....on a new team....a team that is rebuilding....that's clearly enough of a sample size to crucify Andersen. I will grab the pitch forks!! Come on everybody!!!:shakehead

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site

If you ever decide to watch you'll see a collective team failure defensively. It'll get sorted out once they develop chemistry and gain experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad