Prospect Info: Frederik Andersen signs 2 year extension. One way 1,15 AAV

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Why would we trade any of our goalies for picks/prospects? That sort of defeats the purpose of trading a goaltender to improve the NHL team, no?

I'd rather keep Hiller then trade him away for a 2nd/some meh prospect, and especially not to a division rival.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Why would we trade any of our goalies for picks/prospects? That sort of defeats the purpose of trading a goaltender to improve the NHL team, no?

I'd rather keep Hiller then trade him away for a 2nd/some meh prospect, and especially not to a division rival.
Well because then we'd have more prospects, see? And then we'd win the Prospect Cup!

Who gives a **** if we have two good goalies on the roster and two more in the system? Let's get rid of some of our good goalies so we can try and draft another one, that makes sense arglefarglesfgar.

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
I think fasth will be gone next year, cant seem to stay healthy to trust with #1 role, dont see any reason why Hiller wouldnt resign here. He isnt on the level of other goalies to demand a large amount of money.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

This

and what Skippy said too

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Ehhh even a 2nd + prospect. Have Murray negotiate. EDM fans been crazy on the trade boards for goalies. I'm sure we can pull another Solid stud 2nd round.

Yup. You guys have four goalies that are all better than anybody we have. MacT better figure that out and get one. I had been advocating for Andersen but he looks like the next guy for you. Hiller would be nice and a 2nd would be very cheap. We don't have one thus year, but maybe a guy like Gernat would get it done.

Seriously, quit hogging all the goalies. :help:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

What about trading Jonas Hiller for Matt Moulson then.

You get a sniper and a PP man to share the load with Selänne and maybe to take over for him, if he delivers as he has done for the Islanders.

That off course mean you have to gamble on Frederik Andersen alone, until Fasth is healthy again (or bring Gibson up early as backup).

Both Hiller and Moulsen are on contracts for only this season, so if both teams wants something perhaps now is the time?!

You avoid both getting a prospect and losing Hiller to a division rival.

QuackCity93

Sep 30, 2013
What about trading Jonas Hiller for Matt Moulson then.

You get a sniper and a PP man to share the load with Selänne and maybe to take over for him, if he delivers as he has done for the Islanders.

That off course mean you have to gamble on Frederik Andersen alone, until Fasth is healthy again (or bring Gibson up early as backup).

Both Hiller and Moulsen are on contracts for only this season, so if both teams wants something perhaps now is the time?!

You avoid both getting a prospect and losing Hiller to a division rival.

That's actually not a bad proposal. The Ducks do need a top 4 Dman, but if they could get a player of moulsons caliber for Hiller, that would be a good trade for us

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
That's actually not a bad proposal. The Ducks do need a top 4 Dman, but if they could get a player of moulsons caliber for Hiller, that would be a good trade for us

It might also work since Islanders desperately need a good proven goalie right now......so they might bite!

QuackCity93

Sep 30, 2013
It might also work since Islanders desperately need a good proven goalie right now......so they might bite!

ya but I think a deal like this might happen torwards the deadline not right now, but its a proposal I would definitely accept if I were the Ducks

justheducks

Feb 10, 2009
OC, California
www.myspace.com
Would you guys do a Hiller for Yakopov deal?
It would probably be a deal like this...
Hiller
+
Holland
+
2014 1st rounder

For

Yakupov
+
(cap filler) like Petry

Edit: Forgot I didn't type in Holland. Still don't think it was enough. Changed 2nd to a 1st. Sorry it wasn't as bad of a deal as what I had in my head lol. Updated deal which I think is really reasonable and something both teams need.

Last edited:

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Would you guys do a Hiller for Yakopov deal?
It would probably be a deal like this...
Hiller
+
2014 2nd rounder

For

Yakupov
+
(cap filler) like Petry

Don't think that would fly, the Oil (or at least the fans) seem to overvalue Yak a bit. Plus where would we put him, we've got enough youngsters on the team already.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Sorry couldn't help myself.
All the talk of Miller wanting out west.

Be near his family, like Burke going to Toronto to be near his:sarcasm:

There's been a lot of talk the past few years of Miller really wanting to play in California, and we're really the only team with a potential vacancy, and definitely the only team who would possibly pursue the upgrade. I imagine it's a situation, though, that wouldn't be pursued this year unless it made real good sense.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
There's been a lot of talk the past few years of Miller really wanting to play in California, and we're really the only team with a potential vacancy, and definitely the only team who would possibly pursue the upgrade. I imagine it's a situation, though, that wouldn't be pursued this year unless it made real good sense.

Unfortunately we don't have an opening for a $6M goalie unless Tyler Myers is riding shotgun on the trip out here :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad