Confirmed with Link: Francois Allaire named goalie coach with Avalanche

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Hearing now that Allaire will implement a new goalie coaching system. He will have an assistant coach to coach with him only for the goalies. Hearing, that this is a system that Allaire always wanted to bring in an organization to save time to be able to scout prospects for the draft and to have a better developpment of the goalies.

Link in french:

http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouvelles/allaire-rejoint-roy-au-colorado-243990.html

I bet all that Josh is seeing through this new regime is $$$. They are likely going to be paying at least double, if not triple for the coaching staff. Good.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hearing now that Allaire will implement a new goalie coaching system. He will have an assistant coach to coach with him only for the goalies. Hearing, that this is a system that Allaire always wanted to bring in an organization to save time to be able to scout prospects for the draft and to have a better developpment of the goalies.

Link in french:

http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouvelles/allaire-rejoint-roy-au-colorado-243990.html

All I want is Allaire as a full-time coach, anything else is a bonus. I'm sure Allaire will only bring in an assistant who is 100% on board with his style of coaching so having another voice shouldn't be a problem. Having the assistant goalie coach occasionally work with the prospects in Lake Erie will be great as well.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Link in french:

Well, that settles that. I was being very calm about everything up until Roy got a goalie coach to go along with his goalie coach. I don't care what he does as coach right now, he's seriously helping revamping the entire organization in a positive manner so far.

Our prospects get the help they need, our goalies get the help they need AND we get an added set of eyes for scouting.

member 116861

I guess they weren't joking when they said they were going to do things different. Our GOALIE COACH will have an ASSISTANT?!?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Ah man. I had a bad feeling about this.

"Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1m
Part time for François Allaire"

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
While I'm unhappy w/ the news, I think we should reserve final judgment for when we get the Full News about the rest of the coaching staff.

If Allaire is going to have a Full-Time Assistant, then him being full-time isn't necessarily a requirement, wouldn't you guys agree?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
While I'm unhappy w/ the news, I think we should reserve final judgment for when we get the Full News about the rest of the coaching staff.

If Allaire is going to have a Full-Time Assistant, then him being full-time isn't necessarily a requirement, wouldn't you guys agree?

I don't know. I agree we should reserve judgement as always, but I would have like to see more commitment out of Allaire. I assume this was his decision since that was his rumored preference a little while ago.

Hope Patrick didn't let nostalgia get in the way of having someone to with the goalies on a daily basis, like he said he wanted.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

As long as someone is around all the time, I guess I can live with that. Lavoie says this is how Allaire worked with the Ducks and Leafs as well.

Anyone know how it was like with the other teams? Did he live in Anaheim/Toronto and work with the team when they were home but not travel for road games? Or was he still in Quebec and just flew in occasionally?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

Yeah, I paused for a second when I just read the part-time news but I'm back to being happy, happy, happy.

I know we are being asked to place a lot of faith in St. Patrick but I really don't think he'd do anything to hurt our goalies. Any move he makes in regards to them will be what he believes is the best possible thing to help them. Imma goin hit the "I believe" button on this and trust him until given a reason not to.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Allaire was always part time from his duties with the Leafs and Ducks. That does not change anything, believe me.

Are you sure about this? I wasn't able to find any info about him being part time in either location.

Edit: NVM, I guess that's what Lavoie's next post in french says.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Are you sure about this? I wasn't able to find any info about him being part time in either location.

Renaud Lavoie @RenLavoieRDS
François Allaire travaillera à temps partiel pour l'Avalanche comme ce fut le cas avec les Ducks et Maple Leafs. #RDS

Translated: François Allaire work part-time for the Avalanche as was the case with the Ducks and Maple Leafs. # RDS

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I really do understand how important a goalie coach can be but from the way some of y'all talk about Varly's needs sometimes I do think y'all might prefer a full-time psychiatrist instead.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He has always worked like this but he will do way more work than all the coaches we had in the past;)

Well he might have been full time in Montreal, but I agree with your point. I'm still optimistic with the hire. I just hope it doesn't mean he stays in Montreal, and talks to him on the phone mostly and flies in every once in a while.

Seems like that was what all the other part time Avalanche goalie coaches did. Varly and Jiggy have both talked about their preference for a full time goalie coach in the past. Hopefully Allaire's part time status is as good as most coach's full time contribution.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Allaire is probably only part-time in the sense that he only works with Giggy/Varly and runs the 'goaltending program'. If that's the case, then he doesn't need to be full time anyways, having a full-time assistant helping our prospects and scouting works great for me.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Allaire is probably only part-time in the sense that he only works with Giggy/Varly and runs the 'goaltending program'. If that's the case, then he doesn't need to be full time anyways, having a full-time assistant helping our prospects and scouting works great for me.

There better be a full time assistant or else this just went up in smoke IMO. Don't care how good he is....

#$%^&*

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
This is still positive news, we went from one average part time goalie coach clearly not cutting it, to either two part time or one part time and one full time, one of which is an excellent goalie coach with a strong track record.

We also have just witnessed an Avalanche executive proactively improving the club at the expense of the owner's pocketbook.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He's got a proven track record, so while I was initially bummed about the fact that he's part-time I'll just trust the organization knows what it's doing...for now.

Avs just need to make smart decisions regarding the development of Pickard/Aittokallio/Millan/Patterson. There's a chance none of them ever become impact goalies, but they should be given the best possible chance to do so.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This is still positive news, we went from one average part time goalie coach clearly not cutting it, to either two part time or one part time and one full time, one of which is an excellent goalie coach with a strong track record.

We also have just witnessed an Avalanche executive proactively improving the club at the expense of the owner's pocketbook.

Obviously there are good aspects to it, but until it's confirmed that someone will be around the goalies on a daily basis (At home at the very least). I'm going to be irritated by this news.

Edit: There was also a big IF in my post as well, so I'm just back to being skeptical about this move until proven otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I am very excited about this news. Part time can mean a few different things and I doubt he'll be as part time as Kirk Maclean who had other business ventures. Allaire is a gifted coach and I've wanted them to hire him for a decade. The idea of a full time assistant is a great one too. I think Varly will really benefit from this, along with our other young goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad