Value of: Fowler to MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
You make insulting offers, I bite back. I expect you to do the same. Bieksa + 2nd for Gallagher. That's how awful that offer was.

So by your logic:
I don't like a proposal = insult... therefore I can call them stupid and clueless and use expletives?

I'm not sure where you think this type behavior is okay. I'm not your dad, but I'm a fellow user of this forum so I'd like it remain a pleasant place to discuss hockey.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Why say something you obviously know will be absurd?

It's precisely why every thread between Anaheim and Buffalo turned into a giant pissing match. They've set the price astronomically high for Fowler. Fowler for Galchenyuk would be highway robbery for Anaheim. The reason Montreal wouldn't do it has nothing to do with "a lack of depth" it's god awful value for Montreal.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
It's precisely why every thread between Anaheim and Buffalo turned into a giant pissing match. They've set the price astronomically high for Fowler. Fowler for Galchenyuk would be highway robbery for Anaheim. The reason Montreal wouldn't do it has nothing to do with "a lack of depth" it's god awful value for Montreal.

So not wanting a worthless scrub like Tyler Ennis is setting the price astronomically high for Fowler?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It would be necessary to get rid of Emelin at 4.1M to bring in Fowler at 4M. But I don't care if we trade Emelin to another team so we can make the room on the cap, and then make a deal with the Ducks for Fowler.

We have interesting prospects, but other teams have more attractive NHL forwards if that's what Ducks are looking for.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The expansion draft protected list for the Ducks will be interesting at this rate.

Bob Murray is hoping he can find a GM as dumb as ChiaGM that has a need for a LHD.

His problem is that there is only one ChiaGM and he needed a RHD.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
It would be necessary to get rid of Emelin at 4.1M to bring in Fowler at 4M. But I don't care if we trade Emelin to another team so we can make the room on the cap, and then make a deal with the Ducks for Fowler.

We have interesting prospects, but other teams have more attractive NHL forwards if that's what Ducks are looking for.
Yeah, I agree. Fowler would look good with Weber, but MTL and ANA aren't good trading partners.

The expansion draft protected list for the Ducks will be interesting at this rate.
I really fail to see what comments like this have to do with "Fowler to MTL".

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I really fail to see what comments like this have to do with "Fowler to MTL".

It has to do with trade value when GMs know that other GMs are in tight with who they need to protect.

Anaheim is looking to move Fowler because of the looming expansion draft and budget concerns as much as they are for purely hockey reasons.

When that happens, other GMs don't offer up a ton like Gally for Fowler.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Not wanting a dud like Ennis is not the same as setting the price astronomically high.
Ennis is worthless most people realize it. I was referencing the Ducks fans asking for Reinhart, or the 8th overall + for Fowler. No hurt feelings here. We got Kulikov for considerably less.

Do we really need to explain again why we'd want a roster player with 8th overall? It's not a value for value thing. It's the issue that the return of 8th overall for Fowler does zero to help us next season other than alleviate some cap. Ducks clearly need forwards now more than they did on draft day.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
It has to do with trade value when GMs know that other GMs are in tight with who they need to protect.

Anaheim is looking to move Fowler because of the looming expansion draft and budget concerns as much as they are for purely hockey reasons.

When that happens, other GMs don't offer up a ton like Gally for Fowler.
So does Gally mean Galchenyuk or Gallagher? I don't think Gallagher for Fowler is a preposterous asking price. Perhaps a small add from Ducks.

It's tough for MTL though as they too need NHL wingers and other pieces (aside from Galchenyuk) make no sense for Ducks.

Like I said, bad trading partners.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Prior history is the best predictor of future results.

Well with this logic, Montreal is poised to win a bunch of Stanley cups.

Seriously this is the strangest logic I've seen used by far this off-season. This league is constantly changing. Past history means little (or a lot less than you think) in a league like this.

The fact of the matter is they had a surplus of forwards before free agency started and they added more. They need to move bodies and they need defense. You can ignore that fact if you want but don't spout nonsense to the contrary as though it's an undeniable fact. Detroit has never been in a scenario like this. Or at least not in recent memory.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So does Gally mean Galchenyuk or Gallagher? I don't think Gallagher for Fowler is a preposterous asking price. Perhaps a small add from Ducks.

It's tough for MTL though as they too need NHL wingers and other pieces (aside from Galchenyuk) make no sense for Ducks.

Like I said, bad trading partners.

I've always seen Gally as meaning Alex Galchenyuk. So, if it means Gallagher, yeah, that's fair.

But, it seems like most Fowler ideas seem like they want more than equivalent winger.

And it seems like the Hall deal has fans hoping for a lot more back than Bob Murray is likely getting offered.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
fowler .43 PPG. Averages about 35 points per season and plays 22 mins on average. he also has 24 points in 49 playoff games. Thats pretty close to Vatanen who gets the most sheltered while Fowler plays the toughest comp. But his advanced stats are bad so hes pretty bad. Also hes really old at 24. He can't get any better

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
fowler .43 PPG. Averages about 35 points per season and plays 22 mins on average. he also has 24 points in 49 playoff games. Thats pretty close to Vatanen who gets the most sheltered while Fowler plays the toughest comp. But his advanced stats are bad so hes pretty bad. Also hes really old at 24. He can't get any better

Everyone knows a defenseman's prime is from age 20-24

Adam Banks

May 16, 2011
Orange County, CA

Bob Murray is hoping he can find a GM as dumb as ChiaGM that has a need for a LHD.

His problem is that there is only one ChiaGM and he needed a RHD.

Honestly though, the expansion draft isn't the biggest reason to move Fowler, the need for a good forward or two is the impetus for such a move. There are other options like a KB2 buyout. We could sell low on Despres or package an asset with Stoner to help with the budget issues. We're not gonna move Fowler for a song. As to the expansion draft; the biggest issue that the Ducks need to address is to get another goalie signed. Not only because we need a reliable backup, but also because we need to expose one to expansion (unless I'm completely misunderstanding the expansion rules).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad