Value of: Fowler to MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Fowler would be a good fit on the top pairing with Weber.

I have the exact same vision. Emelin will need to go. Doesn't have to necessarily be in a deal with Ducks. It can be a deal with someone else. And that creates room for Fowler to MTL.

Fowler - Weber
Markov/Beaulieu - Petry
Beaulieu/Barberio - Pateryn/Redmon

You see what Sergachev, Juulsen, and Lernout can do in camp. Lernout impressed last year during camp.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I'm guessing if... it's Emelin a pick and a prospect. Probably won't get it done unless I'm misjudging Anaheim's POV.

Emelin is 30 Fowler is 24 Emelin has a Modified NTC Fowler doesn't have any clause Emelin makes 100,000 more then Fowler Emelin isn't as good as Fowler. We are not trading Fowler and getting back Emelin. We trade Fowler we need a good win now piece and needs to be a top 6 forward.

Fucale +beaulieu +emelin and a 1st

Nope

Ducksgo*

Why does all topics regarding fowler end in scraps and pennies to equal a top 2/3 forward on a team? I agree with the above post.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Why does all topics regarding fowler end in scraps and pennies to equal a top 2/3 forward on a team? I agree with the above post.

Probably because you guys overrate his value, as you should, and because most team don't want to give the barn for him.

Seeing as almost no one knows the value of what players are around the league, as very rarely are trades that actually happen deemed fair for both sides. That's probably the problem

(Not saying Fowler isn't good, he's really good and I'd probably give the barn for him if I was a gm.)

StartTheShow

Dec 29, 2013
Fowler's value on draft day was Montreal's 9th overall draft pick. Montreal valued the draft pick over Fowler. So I'm assuming to get a deal done from Anaheim's perspective is something comparable to the value of the 9th overall pick. My guess is prospects and picks that Anaheim could retain next season with expansion looming.

Ducksgo*

Fowler's value on draft day was Montreal's 9th overall draft pick. Montreal valued the draft pick over Fowler. So I'm assuming to get a deal done from Anaheim's perspective is something comparable to the value of the 9th overall pick. My guess is prospects and picks that Anaheim could retain next season with expansion looming.

I wouldn't mind that. I wouldn't mind that at all. But there's no way to have a topic with conversation when people start with scraps and Pennies of players we don't need as well as useless picks.

We are talking about a top 2/3 forward on majority of teams in the league here. It's almost insulting.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I wouldn't mind that. I wouldn't mind that at all. But there's no way to have a topic with conversation when people start with scraps and Pennies of players we don't need as well as useless picks.

We are talking about a top 2/3 forward on majority of teams in the league here. It's almost insulting.

Top 2/3 forward????

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Rumor has it that Ducks are interested in LD Victor Mete that Habs just drafted last week. Why not? Add him in there.

It sounds like Ducks are interested in players they won't be required to protect for expansion. Prospects or young players who haven't played enough games that exempts them from expansion.

mytduxfan*

Probably because you guys overrate his value, as you should, and because most team don't want to give the barn for him.

Seeing as almost no one knows the value of what players are around the league, as very rarely are trades that actually happen deemed fair for both sides. That's probably the problem

(Not saying Fowler isn't good, he's really good and I'd probably give the barn for him if I was a gm.)

Probably true, but can you blame us given the crazy price of high quality D-men recently?

Personally, I'm hoping a deal between COL and ANA is being worked. Fowler with a small addition for Landeskog seems fairly close to me, or certainly not Hall for Larsson in terms of value. Could be a trade that benefits both teams.

That wasn't confirmed. All that tweet said was that MTL weren't willing to part with 9th OA, but we don't know if it was 9th OA alone or 9th OA + significant roster player. Heck, it could have been 9th OA + Beaulieu. We just don't know. IMO, Fowler holds more value then 9th OA. Like I've said above, I think Fowler for Landeskog is close (Landeskog getting edge because of age and contract term). I think most people on here would agree that Landeskog > 9th OA in any given draft year.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Rumor has it that Ducks are interested in LD Victor Mete that Habs just drafted last week. Why not? Add him in there.

It sounds like Ducks are interested in players they won't be required to protect for expansion. Prospects or young players who haven't played enough games that exempts them from expansion.

I don't really see why. Anahiem doesn't have many forwards it needs to protect. Unless we are planning to protect 4D. That's possible I guess.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015

Why would they want another LD? They have Lindholm, fowler, depres, Theodore and Jacob larsson all 24 years and younger

StartTheShow

Dec 29, 2013
Probably true, but can you blame us given the crazy price of high quality D-men recently?

Personally, I'm hoping a deal between COL and ANA is being worked. Fowler with a small addition for Landeskog seems fairly close to me, or certainly not Hall for Larsson in terms of value. Could be a trade that benefits both teams.

That wasn't confirmed. All that tweet said was that MTL weren't willing to part with 9th OA, but we don't know if it was 9th OA alone or 9th OA + significant roster player. Heck, it could have been 9th OA + Beaulieu. We just don't know. IMO, Fowler holds more value then 9th OA. Like I've said above, I think Fowler for Landeskog is close (Landeskog getting edge because of age and contract term). I think most people on here would agree that Landeskog > 9th OA in any given draft year.

Anaheim was also looking at Buffalo's 8th overall pick in a deal for Fowler so if you read between the lines its more likely anything going with the pick had insignificant trade value. Not dissing Fowler's value but he isn't close to Landeskog's value and in a few years I'd bet Sergachev ends up being better then Fowler. Anaheim's only moving him because they'd rather retain Vatanen and Lindholm which gives you an idea of how they value Fowler. In my opinion Lindholm and Landeskog are closer in value.

Last edited:

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Anaheim was also looking at Buffalo's 8th overall pick in a deal for Fowler so if you read between the lines its more likely anything going with the pick had insignificant trade value. Not dissing Fowler's value but he isn't close to Landeskog's value and in a few years I'd bet Sergachev ends up being better then Fowler. Anaheim's only moving him because they'd rather retain Vatanen and Lindholm which gives you an idea of how they value Fowler. In my opinion Lindholm and Landeskog are closer in value.

Oh you just started a blaspheming contest right there. Most Ducks fans refuse to believe that Fowler wasn't worth 8 or 9 straight up. I didn't want to rile up the thread about Landeskog but you're right - Fowler is not close to his value. Reality will start to set in soon though. Det, maybe Buf still, will just ride it out and wait for BM to sell Fowler (or another D-man) for fair value or lower based on cap dumps or salary retentions. Tatar alone might be fair value, but maybe not since he'll still be an RFA in a year. That should be all Ducks fans should hope for - Tatar straight up...if Holland feels desperate for D.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Oh you just started a blaspheming contest right there. Most Ducks fans refuse to believe that Fowler wasn't worth 8 or 9 straight up. I didn't want to rile up the thread about Landeskog but you're right - Fowler is not close to his value. Reality will start to set in soon though. Det, maybe Buf still, will just ride it out and wait for BM to sell Fowler (or another D-man) for fair value or lower based on cap dumps or salary retentions. Tatar alone might be fair value, but maybe not since he'll still be an RFA in a year. That should be all Ducks fans should hope for - Tatar straight up...if Holland feels desperate for D.

Did you guys miss the Hall trade the other day?:laugh:

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
Lmao. I don't think you realize how good fowler a contract is. He is only 24 years old. He's not some camp dump. They can keep all of Lindholm, vatanen, and fowler for less than 15 million. Defensemen especially good young ones have a **** ton of value.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Your bitterness is showing.

Anaheim has no need to sell low on Fowler. They don't need to move him right now, and he's certainly a better defenseman than you're giving him credit for. Let me rephrase that: He's better than you're outwardly giving him credit for. That doesn't stop some of the Buffalo fans from constantly asking for him. Stop taking it so personally that we don't want to hand a good talent to you for Ennis.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Did you guys miss the Hall trade the other day?:laugh:

No, but that means you'll have to narrow down your trade partners to Edm, and Edm only. It's a good plan though really. Chia is good for a few more head knockers I'm sure.

Lmao. I don't think you realize how good fowler a contract is. He is only 24 years old. He's not some camp dump. They can keep all of Lindholm, vatanen, and fowler for less than 15 million. Defensemen especially good young ones have a **** ton of value.

I know Fowler is NOT a cap dump. I also know that Fowler is NOT worth freakin' Landeskog. Tatar is on a better deal and only being an RFA next summer keeps his cost down. He's an equal value player, and a better value contract wise than Fowler.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I know Fowler is NOT a cap dump. I also know that Fowler is NOT worth freakin' Landeskog. Tatar is on a better deal and only being an RFA next summer keeps his cost down. He's an equal value player, and a better value contract wise than Fowler.

Says you.

Good puck moving defensemen are more valuable than wingers. Tatar is a good player, but there is no way I'd want to move Fowler for him straight up, especially since he's due for a raise in one year.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Your bitterness is showing.

Anaheim has no need to sell low on Fowler. They don't need to move him right now, and he's certainly a better defenseman than you're giving him credit for. Let me rephrase that: He's better than you're outwardly giving him credit for. That doesn't stop some of the Buffalo fans from constantly asking for him. Stop taking it so personally that we don't want to hand a good talent to you for Ennis.

LOL, no bitterness here, just laughing at how your fan base has not yet come to grips with reality yet. Tatar straight up IS NOT selling low. Tatar is a good player that will be under team control for much longer than the two years Fowler has before hitting UFA. That's what you guys should be hoping for - Tatar. Just don't be surprised if Holland doesn't give him up, or you have to add to make it happen. Cap hell sucks, sorry.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
No, but that means you'll have to narrow down your trade partners to Edm, and Edm only. It's a good plan though really. Chia is good for a few more head knockers I'm sure.

Right, because the oilers are the only team in the league that need defense.

I'm sure the ducks stack s decent add to fowler for lando, just because he's under contract for 5 more years. Talent wise they're pretty close.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
LOL, no bitterness here, just laughing at how your fan base has not yet come to grips with reality yet. Tatar straight up IS NOT selling low. Tatar is a good player that will be under team control for much longer than the two years Fowler has before hitting UFA. That's what you guys should be hoping for - Tatar. Just don't be surprised if Holland doesn't give him up, or you have to add to make it happen. Cap hell sucks, sorry.

Cap hell? What?

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Right, because the oilers are the only team in the league that need defense.

I'm sure the ducks stack s decent add to fowler for lando, just because he's under contract for 5 more years. Talent wise they're pretty close.

You missed the point. A Hall for Larsson type of deal isn't going to happen...unless you arrange a trade with Chiarelli. Other teams won't hand over free things to you.

And no, Landeskog is better straight up, not by a HUGE amount, but comfortably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad