Proposal: Fowler for Saad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mytduxfan*

My opinion is pretty much based on fact, And knowing how Holland operates. Holland has been Detroit's GM for over 20 years now and in the organization for 30 years or so. We don't call Holland Mr Conservative for nothing out of the long tenured GMs with their teams Holland has only made 23 trades that the fewest of any long running GM with their respected clubs. I'm sorry but i'll be completely shocked if Holland does a Tatar+Mantha/AA for Fowler and a 2nd. You've to remember that we're pretty well set on LD and more or less need RD why we're targeting the likes of Shattenkirk and Trouba. I can more or less see Holland parting with Mantha/AA for either one of a signed Shattenkirk or Trouba but just can't see him parting with them for Cam Fowler. But that's just me personally know how Holland operates. I know from the rumors being said that Holland is aggressively pursuing Fowler so we shall see. Once Lindholm and Rakell are resigned Murray most likely will try and move Fowler and i'm sure he will get tons of interest from teams need help on LD.

Stopped reading at "my opinion is pretty much based on fact".

:facepalm:

You're not Holland. DET isn't the only team we can trade with. If the best that is being offered is Tatar + Jurco (yuck!), I'm sure BM turns it down and looks for a better deal. DET's need for a good D-man is far greater then ours for a LW. Not mention, the value of D > LW.

Your package is ****ing awful. Tatar is coming off a down year and Jurco is an AHLer that does nothing for us. Meanwhile, Fowler was our #1D the passed season on a team that just won the Jennings. Up to Holland. If he truly wants to improve his D-core, he'll cough up the necessary pieces. Otherwise, we go hunting elsewhere.

Palmieri played some left wing with Getzlaf-Perry.

Badly. Neither Silf, nor Palms worked on the LW. Unfortunately for Palms, Silf found chemistry with Kesler on his RW. Hence, Palms was moved. The point is, trading Palms for a 2nd isn't biting us in the ass right now. With Perry and Silf still comfortably holding those top 2 RW positions, Palms still wouldn't have a spot here were he still around.

We disagree with you.

And that's absolutely fine.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Anaheim won't return a piece even close to Saad when they are the ones being forced to make a trade for money reasons. Other teams around the league are going to know how desperate Anaheim is to make a trade

Unless they choose to move Lindholm, which would be foolish

mytduxfan*

Anaheim won't return a piece even close to Saad when they are the ones being forced to make a trade for money reasons. Other teams around the league are going to know how desperate Anaheim is to make a trade

Unless they choose to move Lindholm, which would be foolish

You're clueless about ANAs situation.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
You're clueless about ANAs situation.

Unless they bridge Lindholm, him and Rakell are going to put them pretty much right at the cap for the year. They are going to want to shed salary in any deal and other teams don't like giving up prime assets if they are adding salary.

mytduxfan*

Unless they bridge Lindholm, him and Rakell are going to put them pretty much right at the cap for the year. They are going to want to shed salary in any deal and other teams don't like giving up prime assets if they are adding salary.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lindholm get bridged. In fact, it's most likely the reason re-signing him is taking so long. Rakell getting bridged is definitely happening. Regardless, even if ANA were searching to move salary, you don't trade Fowler to dump salary. Despres and Cogliano are more then movable assets, especially if we're sooooooo desperate to move salary that we're willing to take a hit on the return. However, given we just signed Vermette to a pretty hefty contract, my guess is that BM isn't as desperate to move salary as you seem think, not that you have any idea of what you're talking about anyway.

Just stick to reading stat sheets and telling us how terrible Fowler is and how those exact same stats don't apply to Trouba. You're absolutely clueless when it comes to ANA's situation.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
If Saad for Fowler is out the door, which I can now understand.

How about giving us Wild Bill back? What do you want in return? Boll + 3rd? ;)

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I don't know the Ducks situation that well but I find it unlikely that they are desperate, as it seems like they have time to work with. And with 29 other teams, if a team wants Fowler, they'll make a move, not wait for months hoping no one else does so they can up the pressure.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If Saad for Fowler is out the door, which I can now understand.

How about giving us Wild Bill back? What do you want in return? Boll + 3rd? ;)

Well, that depends. Rakell can play center, right? ;)

We can't afford to move the Cs we have at this juncture. Kind of need them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad