Proposal: Fowler for Saad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mytduxfan*

JJ certainly gets asked to do too much with partners who can't cover for what flaws he has. He has the endurance to play top pairing, but not the consistency, so we'd rather keep him on the second pair.

Ok, that literally sounds like Fowler. Fair enough.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah, doesn't make sense for either team. Seriously, Tatar + AA for Fowler + 2nd makes too much sense.

In reality Holland will never do a Tatar+Mantha/AA for Fowler and a 2nd round pick unless Montour is coming back to Detroit no way would Mantha be involved much less AA either. The best BM is going to get from Holland for Fowler is Tatar+Jurco something like that and i don't see BM doing. All the more reason why i don't see Fowler coming home to Detroit. Because Holland is just to cheap and wont part with good assets he would rather lose them for nothing to waiver. Which is probably what's going to happen with Ryan Sproul come October.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Ok, that literally sounds like Fowler. Fair enough.

Wow, I think that's as close as all us non Ducks fans will get to hearing a Ducks fan admit Fowler really isn't a true top pairing guy.

Mark it the calender. :laugh:

mytduxfan*

In reality Holland will never do a Tatar+Mantha/AA for Fowler and a 2nd round pick unless Montour is coming back to Detroit no way would Mantha be involved much less AA either. The best BM is going to get from Holland for Fowler is Tatar+Jurco something like that and i don't see BM doing. All the more reason why i don't see Fowler coming home to Detroit. Because Holland is just to cheap and wont part with good assets he would rather lose them for nothing to waiver. Which is probably what's going to happen with Ryan Sproul come October.

Unless you're Holland himself, you shouldn't be throwing around absolutes like that. I could see Holland doing Tatar + AA for Fowler + 2nd. Your opinion is as good as mine.

Wow, I think that's as close as all us non Ducks fans will get to hearing a Ducks fan admit Fowler really isn't a true top pairing guy.

Mark it the calender. :laugh:

You can rub that date out. I never said Fowler isn't a true top pairing D-man. I just said he struggles with consistency in his current role. However, he's being tasked with doing the job of a #1D, and he's not a #1D. Stick him alongside a true #1D and Fowler will make for an absolutely fine #2D. Given that we don't have a true #1RHD, Fowler would probably be much better placed on the 2nd pairing. However, that doesn't mean he's a 2nd pairing guy. All that means is Lindholm is better, but that doesn't mean Fowler is a top pairing guy. He is. Get over it buddy.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Unless you're Holland himself, you shouldn't be throwing around absolutes like that. I could see Holland doing Tatar + AA for Fowler + 2nd. Your opinion is as good as mine.

You can rub that date out. I never said Fowler isn't a true top pairing D-man. I just said he struggles with consistency in his current role. However, he's being tasked with doing the job of a #1D, and he's not a #1D. Stick him alongside a true #1D and Fowler will make for an absolutely fine #2D. Given that we don't have a true #1RHD, Fowler would probably be much better placed on the 2nd pairing. However, that doesn't mean he's a 2nd pairing guy. All that means is Lindholm is better, but that doesn't mean Fowler is a top pairing guy. He is. Get over it buddy.

My opinion is pretty much based on fact, And knowing how Holland operates. Holland has been Detroit's GM for over 20 years now and in the organization for 30 years or so. We don't call Holland Mr Conservative for nothing out of the long tenured GMs with their teams Holland has only made 23 trades that the fewest of any long running GM with their respected clubs. I'm sorry but i'll be completely shocked if Holland does a Tatar+Mantha/AA for Fowler and a 2nd. You've to remember that we're pretty well set on LD and more or less need RD why we're targeting the likes of Shattenkirk and Trouba. I can more or less see Holland parting with Mantha/AA for either one of a signed Shattenkirk or Trouba but just can't see him parting with them for Cam Fowler. But that's just me personally know how Holland operates. I know from the rumors being said that Holland is aggressively pursuing Fowler so we shall see. Once Lindholm and Rakell are resigned Murray most likely will try and move Fowler and i'm sure he will get tons of interest from teams need help on LD.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I really feel like Anaheim missed out on Hall.

The argument could be made that Larsson is better/has more upside than Fowler. And I would probably agree. But I think something was there to be done unless Anaheim and Edmonton had other reasons not to deal with each other.

I think Fowler is a good top pairing right handed guy. But I also feel like he suffers from Jack Johnson syndrome. The stats aren't there for him, but watching him you can see the skill.

As for Saad, that was a win/win/win/win for everyone involved.

Columbus gets a top line winger with character and grit.
Chicago gets a suitable 2C with chemistry with Kane and Panarin and the additional piece which helped land Ladd.
Saad gets a chance to be THE guy on a team. He wouldn't get that chance on Chicago behind Toews, Kane, Hossa, Panarin, etc.
Anisimov gets to play on a top team and play with amazing linemates.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I really feel like Anaheim missed out on Hall.

The argument could be made that Larsson is better/has more upside than Fowler. And I would probably agree. But I think something was there to be done unless Anaheim and Edmonton had other reasons not to deal with each other.

I think Fowler is a good top pairing right handed guy. But I also feel like he suffers from Jack Johnson syndrome. The stats aren't there for him, but watching him you can see the skill.

As for Saad, that was a win/win/win/win for everyone involved.

Columbus gets a top line winger with character and grit.
Chicago gets a suitable 2C with chemistry with Kane and Panarin and the additional piece which helped land Ladd.
Saad gets a chance to be THE guy on a team. He wouldn't get that chance on Chicago behind Toews, Kane, Hossa, Panarin, etc.
Anisimov gets to play on a top team and play with amazing linemates.

they're in the same division

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Don't Columbus have enough bad defensemen that are routinely played above their heads?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Don't Columbus have enough bad defensemen that are routinely played above their heads?
No; we're the team with several top youngsters still learning how to play. You're probably thinking of the Rangers. Easy mistake to make, though, what with the whole blue-sweater-and-red-pants color schemes being so similar.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
No; we're the team with several top youngsters still learning how to play. You're probably thinking of the Rangers. Easy mistake to make, though, what with the whole blue-sweater-and-red-pants color schemes being so similar.

Jack Johnson, Dalton Prout, and Dennis Savard are not youngsters. Unless 29 is young in hockey.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Maybe Perron didn't want to stay. Maybe Palms was never going to be successful here in ANA.

P.S. Palms isn't a LW.

Perron said he wanted to go back to St louis, and palms grew up a devils fan and in new jersey, a player is always going to play a whole lot better playing on his boy hood loved team, and lets see him keep producing at this rate( wont happen) bottom line, BM WILL NOT pay more than 2.5 a year for ANYONE who doesn't play 2 way hockey, Perron I really liked as well, but the guy couldn't defend, took some silly penalties and for a 20-25 goal a year 1 dimensional player, 4 million a year( especially on a budget team is to hefty) it's a reality for us since getz and perry and kesler make so much $$ we just have to keep drafting well and we will be fine. Perrons are a dime a dozen out there, always a few available at trade deadline time.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Bad proposal, doesn't take into account either team's needs (ANA: cap flexibility, CBJ: depth scoring and need for 1C....not D).

Saad is wayyyy to valuable to give up to get another Jack Johnson in return...Unless if Johnson was moved for an equally good winger, but that would just be a lateral move. Plus, I have a soft spot for Saad :)

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

Sure, but a majority of teams have that problem and Fowler would help to alleviate those problems to an extent in Columbus. However, I don't see this trade working for either side.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Jack Johnson, Dalton Prout, and Dennis Savard are not youngsters. Unless 29 is young in hockey.

JJ is on 2nd pair and if we're lucky he'll be on the 3rd pair by the start of next season.

Savard is on the 2nd pairing

And prout is in rotation for the 6man

Si please explain how any of them are playing above their head..

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
That alone doesn't mean you don't deal.

Blockbusters within division are rare. Ducks don't want to of been the team to help fix Oilers defense and Oilers wouldn't want to face Hall a lot. Another problem is Hall makes too much for us even now we still need to shed some salary. A Fowler for Hall trade would never ever happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad