Proposal: Fowler for Saad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Columbus is pretty much set on defense. Acquiring Fowler means they would have to expose Savard (protecting Jones, Murray, and Fowler). As is, they can protect Saad comfortably and he brings vital offense to our team.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
ducks would've to add here and as I stated in a thread I just started , we can't afford to bring in someone for fowler without shedding significant salary as well, saad to expensive

Avs44

May 16, 2011
CBJ looks more than set on defense to me. Murray / Jones should be their top pairing, they've got Savard and JJ, then they also have Werenski. I think this would be a really easy no.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Don't be absurd. We already have a Cam Fowler; his name is Jack Johnson. We don't need another - certainly not at the cost of our leading scorer. And the last thing Anaheim needs to be doing is adding cap. The whole idea behind Fowler maybe being available is to shed cap, not add to it.

mytduxfan*

Yeah, doesn't make sense for either team. Seriously, Tatar + AA for Fowler + 2nd makes too much sense.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Yeah, doesn't make sense for either team. Seriously, Tatar + AA for Fowler + 2nd makes too much sense.

Anaheim desperately needs a first line LW, cause I don't think they want to give that spot to Rocky for some reason.

Letting Perron, who was GREAT, go for nothing is probably even worse than letting Palmieri go for a 2nd...

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Anaheim desperately needs a first line LW, cause I don't think they want to give that spot to Rocky for some reason.

Letting Perron, who was GREAT, go for nothing is probably even worse than letting Palmieri go for a 2nd...

Someone had to go. I'm sure they would have loved to keep Perron and Andersen too, but the cap is there for a reason.

mytduxfan*

Maybe Perron didn't want to stay. Maybe Palms was never going to be successful here in ANA.

P.S. Palms isn't a LW.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

You're overrating Perron. He only had 2 goals in his last 15 games before he got injured for us.

mytduxfan*

Don't be absurd. We already have a Cam Fowler; his name is Jack Johnson. We don't need another - certainly not at the cost of our leading scorer. And the last thing Anaheim needs to be doing is adding cap. The whole idea behind Fowler maybe being available is to shed cap, not add to it.

CBJ already has Jack Johnson. Do they really want JJ 2.0 as well?

I'm not understanding this JJ-Fowler comparison? Is JJ a top pairing D-man being asked to do too much with terrible partners too?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not understanding this JJ-Fowler comparison? Is JJ a top pairing D-man being asked to do too much with terrible partners too?

JJ certainly gets asked to do too much with partners who can't cover for what flaws he has. He has the endurance to play top pairing, but not the consistency, so we'd rather keep him on the second pair.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
As many have mentioned this type of move does not make sense for the Jackets and doubtful the Ducks would want the extra salary.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

JJ certainly gets asked to do too much with partners who can't cover for what flaws he has. He has the endurance to play top pairing, but not the consistency, so we'd rather keep him on the second pair.

Bang on Viqsi, summed it up perfectly.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
ANA jumps all over this if they can make the money work.

CLB says no dice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad