Proposal: Fowler + for Kucherov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Tampa Bay does not need another LHD. They have Hedman, Garrison as their 1LD and 2LD. And Kucherov is simply not available unless a massive overpayment.

Steve Yzerman will keep his core:

Forwards: Stamkos, Drouin, Kucherov, Johnson, Palat, Killorn

Defense: Hedman, Stralman

Ducksgo*

I don't see either team going for this.

You think Anaheim wants to lock up 18mil in right wingers?

Edit: kucherov is a great player, but unless we are moving slifverberg then I don't see it.

Exactly. All you are doing is stocking the right while screwing the left? Wtf is the point of this?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There's not a lot of things that Yzerman could do to get him out of favor with TB fans. Moving Kucherov would be one of those things.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
We cannot afford Kucherov's raise, and Tampa doesn't need Fowler. Both teams say no.

I'd rather go to Boston with something around Fowler/Spooner.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
As for Palat it's always difficult to tell what Yzerman is thinking but many of us would move Johnson before we'd move Drej.

Really? That's surprising to hear from an outsider. Do you think Point will be able to come in and have a similar impact as Johnson?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Tampa would say no. Only DMan I could see them being interested for Kucherov is Lindholm and the Ducks probably wouldn't want to part ways with him. Seems there is no deal here to be made

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Really? That's surprising to hear from an outsider. Do you think Point will be able to come in and have a similar impact as Johnson?

Palat isn't the scorer that Johnson is but he's our best all-around forward and one of those guys who simply makes everybody he's on a line with better. Johnson also has durability concerns, is likely to cost more, would bring back a better return in a trade, and oddly enough might be easier to replace from within the organization with either Namestnikov or Point. I don't know if either of those two would necessarily have Johnson's impact and obviously nobody wants to see the Triplets broken up if we can help it, but if we were forced to lose one of TKO I think either of those two would be effective on a line with Palat/Killorn and Kucherov whereas we don't have anybody in the organization who can do everything that Palat does.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
I'll add that this is why I was so against us resigning Stamkos. Most knowledgeable Lightning fans agree that all three of the Triplets are more valuable to us than Stamkos and many (including myself) would include Drouin in that as well. Killorn is a more controversial comparison but considering he's a much better two-way player than Stammer, has easily outperformed him in the postseason, and costs $4M less he's certainly a much better value. If we hadn't resigned Stamkos we wouldn't even be having this conversation; instead we're definitely looking at losing a top six forward and the best we can hope for is that it's Killorn rather than one of the others.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
We cannot afford Kucherov's raise, and Tampa doesn't need Fowler. Both teams say no.

I'd rather go to Boston with something around Fowler/Spooner.

Not saying Spooner isn't good, but you'd part with Fowler for him being the main piece coming back? That's selling Fowler low, don't you think? Fowler should have pretty solid value and as a Duck fan, I'd feel pretty underwhelmed if that's what the return were. Disappointed, better yet.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If this is true, would Tampa make a trade around an extended Shattenkirk? Just throwing it out there, want to see Tampas expectations.

Would love to see Tarasenko-Fabbri-Kucherov on a line together!!

Well Shattenkirk is definitely an Yzerman type of guy, The only problem with Shatty seeking around 7x6.5 or 7x7 on his next deal just not sure if Yzerman can afford to give him that kind of salary with others that have to be signed like Johnson and Palat and Drouin. But would definitely love to see Shatty in Tampa though.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Well Shattenkirk is definitely an Yzerman type of guy, The only problem with Shatty seeking around 7x6.5 or 7x7 on his next deal just not sure if Yzerman can afford to give him that kind of salary with others that have to be signed like Johnson and Palat and Drouin. But would definitely love to see Shatty in Tampa though.

Yeah, I'd love to get him but not at that salary and certainly not at the cost of Kucherov.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Not saying Spooner isn't good, but you'd part with Fowler for him being the main piece coming back? That's selling Fowler low, don't you think? Fowler should have pretty solid value and as a Duck fan, I'd feel pretty underwhelmed if that's what the return were. Disappointed, better yet.
No, Boston would add, but Spooner would give us a cheap option to put on the 3rd line and perhaps spread the scoring around a bit. If Boston would do it, I'd add in a guy like Jimmy Hayes who has been a bit of a flop in Boston but is relatively cheap and could give us another 3rd line option. We could also add in a guy like Nate Thompson for a mid-round pick if Boston wanted a forward back since we'd be set down the middle and Wagner could take a 4th line role.

Our forward core could then look something like this:

Spooner/Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Ritchie-Spooner/Rakell-Hayes
Garbutt-Wagner-Boll

That's a lot deeper than we sit right now. Fowler being gone from the defensive core allows Theo an easier path to getting NHL ice time this season.

Otto91

Aug 13, 2006
Not sure what's going on with his contract status and I would assume Tampa wants to keep him, but there's a lot of contracts coming up for Tampa. If Tampa takes calls on him and possibly move him would they go for Fowler + prospect? Fowler is getting paid 4 mill next 2 seasons then a UFA. Does kucherov make around 5-6 on his next contract? This might not work for tampas cap situation but It's summertime so let's atleast have a civil chat about this to pass the time.

Tampa would sooner deal Bishop/ Ryan Call/ or Filppula..the later 2 very hard to sell....

Tampa does not need a 4 million $$$ D man when it is trying to shed salary to Get the remaining 3 signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad