Proposal: Fowler + for Kucherov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Silfverberg played the left side in Ottawa and spent his first 10-15 or so games here on the left, putting up great numbers before getting hurt. He looked fine on both sides. Perry has played the left side when we had Lupul here when the twins played with him. Most wingers are very versatile, plenty of guys will prefer one side but it doesn't mean they can't play both.

Maybe Silf has the ability to play both sides, but he hasn't done it since then, even with the need for a LW. Perry is less effective on the left side . They moved Lupul over to the left side after they relized that and he struggled over there too.

But Fine ok, move Silf over to the left side. Even if we do that, that's only part of the problem. What assets are we giving up and how much salary does anaheim take on?

Last edited:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Would be ecstatic to have Kucherov in Anaheim, but I can't see it as a realistic option. Seems more of a Lindholm discussion, and at that point it would be counter-productive for us.

mytduxfan*

Big deal? I'm just saying it's a bad fit.

Ok then, come up with a deal that works both asset wise and financially . lets hear it.

By the way look around the league, how many wingers are playing their offside? You think that's a coincidence?

Edit: Maybe something like Rakell+ Vats would work. That matches up pretty close to solving the salary needs and what tampa probably wants back in a deal. That's a lot of assets for another RW. Although Tampa may not be able to take on that much salary. They could just pay Kucherov with that money.

I said that there probably isn't a deal that would work for both. All I'm disputing is this ridiculous notion that Kucherov isn't a need in ANA or that we'd somehow straight up refuse to go after him were he available simply because he's a natural RW and we'd end up with "18M invested in RW". If you spread your offence across 3 lines, it really doesn't matter.

Ritchie - Getzlaf - Kucherov
Raymond - Rakell - Perry
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg

P.S. One of the best goal scorers ever to play the game plays on his offside. It's not that unheard of.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
I said that there probably isn't a deal that would work for both. All I'm disputing is this ridiculous notion that Kucherov isn't a need in ANA or that we'd somehow straight up refuse to go after him were he available simply because he's a natural RW and we'd end up with "18M invested in RW". If you spread your offence across 3 lines, it really doesn't matter.

Ritchie - Getzlaf - Kucherov
Raymond - Rakell - Perry
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg

P.S. One of the best goal scorers ever to play the game plays on his offside. It's not that unheard of.

I didn't say he doesn't fill a need, that's you just putting words in peoples mouths. I just said the fit is poor, then stated reasons why. The amount of money tied up into RW was just one reason, but you seem to be grasping onto that extra hard for some reason even though it seems you agree that it would be a poor fit overall. Odd.

Who are you reffering too?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Ovechkin has always played left wing. He's a Right handed shooting LW.

That's not the same as asking a guy who's always played RW to switch to LW.

Or vice versa.

to be fair ovechkin has spent significant time at RW as well

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Big deal? I'm just saying it's a bad fit.

Ok then, come up with a deal that works both asset wise and financially . lets hear it.

By the way look around the league, how many wingers are playing their offside? You think that's a coincidence?

Edit: Maybe something like Rakell+ Vats would work. That matches up pretty close to solving the salary needs and what tampa probably wants back in a deal. That's a lot of assets for another RW. Although Tampa may not be able to take on that much salary. They could just pay Kucherov with that money.

Yeah I wasn't saying there was a deal to be made there, as I pointed out I don't see the Lightning being interested. I still believe in a general sense, a high end RW like Kucherov would be just as useful to us as a LW or C, as long as he's a left shot to play the right on the PP and balance out our lineup. I'd much sooner have our scoring spread across three lines and give Rakell a legit linemate rather than stacking the top 6.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
If this is true, would Tampa make a trade around an extended Shattenkirk? Just throwing it out there, want to see Tampas expectations.

Would love to see Tarasenko-Fabbri-Kucherov on a line together!!

At this point, I think we all want to see him signed through his prime, but Shattenkirk fits the mold of what we're looking for, I think.

Love to see this guy with McDavid , I'd offer Nurse straight across ??

We would probably say, "No thank you."

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Not sure what's going on with his contract status and I would assume Tampa wants to keep him, but there's a lot of contracts coming up for Tampa. If Tampa takes calls on him and possibly move him would they go for Fowler + prospect? Fowler is getting paid 4 mill next 2 seasons then a UFA. Does kucherov make around 5-6 on his next contract? This might not work for tampas cap situation but It's summertime so let's atleast have a civil chat about this to pass the time.

The amount of kucherov threads are kind of hilarious at this point. . . Tampa is not moving their best young forward for fowler + or any other garbage offer. . . Dude is a legit top 20 fwd in the league w top 10 potential . . Anyone who thinks Tampa moves him for anything less than massive overpayment is nuts

And yes, they have cap issues. . Which are easily solve able without moving kucherov

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
No way we trade Palat or Kucherov. Bishop is probably the only guy available

This I agree with. . . Lots of cherry pickers hoping to CAPitalize right now on the Lightning but palat and kucherov are integral to tampa's future success

Oct 18, 2011
tampa would ask for lindholm and rightfully so, fowler does not get it done, you can argue kucherov is tampa's best player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad