Proposal: Fowler + for Kucherov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Not sure what's going on with his contract status and I would assume Tampa wants to keep him, but there's a lot of contracts coming up for Tampa. If Tampa takes calls on him and possibly move him would they go for Fowler + prospect? Fowler is getting paid 4 mill next 2 seasons then a UFA. Does kucherov make around 5-6 on his next contract? This might not work for tampas cap situation but It's summertime so let's atleast have a civil chat about this to pass the time.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
I think we could make room for this one :) Can't see Tampa going for this.

I don't see either team going for this.

You think Anaheim wants to lock up 18mil in right wingers?

Edit: kucherov is a great player, but unless we are moving slifverberg then I don't see it.

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I thought Ana fans wanted to ship out Fowler for a cost controlled winger? Kucherov is going to be getting a pretty hefty raise.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Not sure what's going on with his contract status and I would assume Tampa wants to keep him, but there's a lot of contracts coming up for Tampa. If Tampa takes calls on him and possibly move him would they go for Fowler + prospect? Fowler is getting paid 4 mill next 2 seasons then a UFA. Does kucherov make around 5-6 on his next contract? This might not work for tampas cap situation but It's summertime so let's atleast have a civil chat about this to pass the time.

This deal makes absolutely no sense at all, Fowler is a LHD and Tampa doesn't need LHD they need RHD and Kucherov will cost around $6 million to $7 million per for 8 years or so and with Anaheim having an internal budget i seriously doubt that they can afford to give that to Kucherov. And besides it would take more then just Fowler whom Tampa doesn't need to get Kucherov.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I don't see either team going for this.

You think Anaheim wants to lock up 18mil in right wingers?

Edit: kucherov is a great player, but unless we are moving slifverberg then I don't see it.

We need to add another legit offensive threat, preferably a left handed guy. I don't see why another RW should be out of the question though. Getzlaf/Perry, Kesler/Silf, Rakell/Kucherov would give us three dynamite C/RW combos to build the top 9 around, it would create matchup hell.

One could argue that our two top forward prospects are both LWs, so that could help ease the burden of having a lot of money tied up in the other two forward positions for the time being (assuming we can get some affordable production out of them in the near future).

I agree that Palat is probably a more realistic target , though I'm not sure if he's remotely available. I would say that we have a piece in Montour that would seem to represent the Bolts biggest organizational need, if we were to be discussing a deal around a good young forward.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
As for Palat it's always difficult to tell what Yzerman is thinking but many of us would move Johnson before we'd move Drej.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
We need to add another legit offensive threat, preferably a left handed guy. I don't see why another RW should be out of the question though. Getzlaf/Perry, Kesler/Silf, Rakell/Kucherov would give us three dynamite C/RW combos to build the top 9 around, it would create matchup hell.

One could argue that our two top forward prospects are both LWs, so that could help ease the burden of having a lot of money tied up in the other two forward positions for the time being (assuming we can get some affordable production out of them in the near future).

Another RW at that price point is out of the question. You're are totally ignoring the money side of the equation here.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Another RW at that price point is out of the question. You're are totally ignoring the money side of the equation here.

Do you say the same when people suggest Landeskog, Nuge etc? We need to ice three good lines to be competitive and that requires adding another high end forward. I don't understand the logic that another expensive RW should be out of the question, when we have a spot on the roster where such a player would flourish.

If the argument is that we can't afford any high priced forward, well that's true to an extent, but it could be made to work. I don't see why having Perry/Silf means you don't look at any opportunities to add a high end RW.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Do you say the same when people suggest Landeskog, Nuge etc? We need to ice three good lines to be competitive and that requires adding another high end forward. I don't understand the logic that another expensive RW should be out of the question, when we have a spot on the roster where such a player would flourish.

If the argument is that we can't afford any high priced forward, well that's true to an extent, but it could be made to work. I don't see why having Perry/Silf means you don't look at any opportunities to add a high end RW.

The argument is we can't afford another high priced RW. Lando and Nuge I'm assuming will both make less than Kucherov for one. Second we have a real need for a LW or another center to push Rakell to the wing.

Unless we are pushing Silf out of the lineup, I don't see how we can fit kucherov in.

We don't have a single natural LW on the entire roster. Unless we count Ritchie, then we have one.

EDIT: Assets spent factor in here too. Are you ok spending major assets upgrading a position Anaheim already has covered when other, more dire, needs are present?

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The argument is we can't afford another high priced RW. Lando and Nuge I'm assuming will both make less than Kucherov for one. Second we have a real need for a LW or another center to push Rakell to the wing.

Unless we are pushing Silf out of the lineup, I don't see how we can fit kucherov in.

We don't have a single natural LW on the entire roster. Unless we count Ritchie, then we have one.

EDIT: Assets spent factor in here too. Are you ok spending major assets upgrading a position Anaheim already has covered when other, more dire, needs are present?

Firstly, a winger is generally a winger. Most guys can switch sides without too many issues. It's a luxury to have everybody on their favorite side.

Secondly, we have no depth up front. Adding someone with that kind of talent gives us two awesome pairs for each line giving us three dangerous lines and all kinds of line matching ability.

mytduxfan*

Kucherov would be an excellent addition. It really doesn't matter who plays on what side. As Heusy said, our top forward prospects are both LWs. However, it really doesn't matter. The offence can spread across multiple line, which is what I'd prefer anyway.

Not sure we'd have the pieces to get a deal done though and I doubt Kuch is even available. I'm sure SY is working on locking him down for the long-term.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Firstly, a winger is generally a winger. Most guys can switch sides without too many issues. It's a luxury to have everybody on their favorite side.

Secondly, we have no depth up front. Adding someone with that kind of talent gives us two awesome pairs for each line giving us three dangerous lines and all kinds of line matching ability.

Firstly, I don't know if that's true. Silf has not looked very good on the left side and Perry has literally never played the left side. Wingers are less versatile than centers, usually they play one side only.

Secondly, what kind of assets do you think anaheim gives up in a deal like this? Fowler doesn't fill a need for Tampa. Tampa can't trade salary for salary and neither can we. I don't see a deal that makes sense when you factor in the salary cap.

In a world without a cap sure i'd take Kucherov in a heartbeat. Unfortunatly that's not the NHL world we live in.

Last edited:

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Kucherov would be an excellent addition. It really doesn't matter who plays on what side. As Heusy said, our top forward prospects are both LWs. However, it really doesn't matter. The offence can spread across multiple line, which is what I'd prefer anyway.

Not sure we'd have the pieces to get a deal done though and I doubt Kuch is even available. I'm sure SY is working on locking him down for the long-term.

Yes, it does matter who plays on what side. When is the last time Anaheim has had a winger play his offside? Bobby Ryan?

at least one of those two lw prospects would be going the other way for sure. And again, there is a salary cap. Kucherov is going to get 6.5+ mil aav.

I'm not arguning that he wouldn't make a great addition, he would. But I don't see a realistic fit here anyway you slice it.

Last edited:

mytduxfan*

Yes, it does matter who plays on what side. When is the last time Anaheim has has a winger play is offside? Bobby Ryan?

at least one of those two lw prospects would be going the other way for sure. And again, there is a salary cap. Kucherov is going to get 6.5+ mil aav. Like is said, it only works if the team is moving out Silf.

I'm not arguning that he wouldn't make a great addition, he would. But I don't see a realistic fit here anyway you slice it.

Yeah, Bobby Ryan... and what a flop he was, right? :shakehead

It really doesn't matter. You're making a big deal out of nothing. If a 30 goal RH natural RW can still score 30 goals on the LW, who cares? Handedness is only an issue for the PP.

If moving Silf is what it takes to add a guy as good as Kucherov, you do it.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Yeah, Bobby Ryan... and what a flop he was, right? :shakehead

It really doesn't matter. You're making a big deal out of nothing. If a 30 goal RH natural RW can still score 30 goals on the LW, who cares? Handedness is only an issue for the PP.

If moving Silf is what it takes to add a guy as good as Kucherov, you do it.

Big deal? I'm just saying it's a bad fit.

Ok then, come up with a deal that works both asset wise and financially . lets hear it.

By the way look around the league, how many wingers are playing their offside? You think that's a coincidence?

Edit: Maybe something like Rakell+ Vats would work. That matches up pretty close to solving the salary needs and what tampa probably wants back in a deal. That's a lot of assets for another RW. Although Tampa may not be able to take on that much salary. They could just pay Kucherov with that money.

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Firstly, I don't know if that's true. Silf has not looked very good on the left side and Perry has literally never played the left side. Wingers are less versatile than centers, usually they play one side only.

Secondly, what kind of assets do you think anaheim gives up in a deal like this? Fowler doesn't fill a need for Tampa. Tampa can't trade salary for salary and neither can we. I don't see a deal that makes sense when you factor in the salary cap.

In a world without a cap sure i'd take Kucherov in a heartbeat. Unfortunatly that's not the NHL world we live in.

Silfverberg played the left side in Ottawa and spent his first 10-15 or so games here on the left, putting up great numbers before getting hurt. He looked fine on both sides. Perry has played the left side when we had Lupul here when the twins played with him. Most wingers are very versatile, plenty of guys will prefer one side but it doesn't mean they can't play both. Kucherov is a LHS, I think he too could adapt fairly well to the LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad