Speculation: Forward options for Dallas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Dallas should be selling not buying. Another bad month is going to bury them in the Central then guys like Sharp, Oduya, Eakin, etc should be available along with any young forwards/defensmen they feel aren't a match with the system going forward.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Middle 6 winger?

We got young, old, ELC, people who can be retained etc.
Komarov
Leivo
Michalek
Greening
Kapanen
Rychel

What do you want to give up, obviously the value changes allot here.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
I thought they were waiting for the Hemsky deal to end in the summer so they could give Brett Ritchie a chance in the top 9. Just call up an AHL guy to play 4th line? I haven't been paying super close attention though.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Would the Stars have interest in Oscar Lindberg? He seems to be #13 right now for NYR (crazy depth) mostly because he's not on either PP or PK (He can play either).

If so, what's the offer? 2nd? 3rd + 5th? D prospect? Could tag some kind of a pick along with Lindberg if the prospect in question is really good.

Edit: I think Lindberg is a solid bottom 6 player with some upside left, plays both C and W.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Depends on who'd be going to Dallas. I'm not saying Dallas needs to make a trade, but they've lost 2 top 9 forwards for the year, well 3 if you can't Nuke. Nill loves his depth also

If we get everyone back soon then I doubt Nill would make a move, or at least wait until the deadline if we're in a position to add

You still haven't said or offered ANYTHING. Last I heard, DAL is short on D, is questionable in the net, and now you need forwards?
What are you offering? That gives others a gauge on what to offer back. As i said, saying you want a scoring forward...well, that's supposed to be Dallas's strong point. What are going to give back in return? Cause I'm not hearing anything.

sunnyvale

Apr 29, 2013
NJ
Boucher from the Devils could be a good fit. He has a pretty good shot only problem is foot speed. Can be had for pretty cheap

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
You still haven't said or offered ANYTHING. Last I heard, DAL is short on D, is questionable in the net, and now you need forwards?
What are you offering? That gives others a gauge on what to offer back. As i said, saying you want a scoring forward...well, that's supposed to be Dallas's strong point. What are going to give back in return? Cause I'm not hearing anything.

If you bothered to investigate you'd know why Dallas needs forwards. Two season ending injuries and various other shorter term ones including Eakin and Sharp.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary

For a 3rd/4th line winger, I'd imagine picks 3-7 and guys like Oleksaik, Nemeth, McKenzie, maybe Ritchie

Nill never moved a top 10 prospect for any of Seguin, Spezza or Sharp, so keep that in mind

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Depending on how the season plays out, Rick nash could be available

He looks to be returning to form this year. The Rangers have a lot of scoring and trading Nash for assets would be the right play, depending on the return

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad