Proposal: Forsberg to Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Is Zucker being included more to create Cap room, or is he seen as having significant value in this deal? Because just on value, I don't think the Preds need to ask for him... just a 1st+prospect is really the ask here for Forsberg. So if Pens fans don't WANT to include Zucker, I think that's totally fair and they should keep him out of this. On the other hand if they NEED to include him for Cap reasons... ok, we can accommodate that, but it's not really our ask.
:dunno:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Is Zucker being included more to create Cap room, or is he seen as having significant value in this deal? Because just on value, I don't think the Preds need to ask for him... just a 1st+prospect is really the ask here for Forsberg. So if Pens fans don't WANT to include Zucker, I think that's totally fair and they should keep him out of this. On the other hand if they NEED to include him for Cap reasons... ok, we can accommodate that, but it's not really our ask.
:dunno:

I think Zucker has some value on his own. Probably a mid round pick. He was primarily included for cap reasons, but we could probably find a buyer elsewhere.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
that'd be cool if it were all in the same season, but those 66 games come over 3 seasons (albeit one was shortened). so 'dried up' might not be the proper way to put it. so what's the reason for the low # of games?

Buddy, Hes been shuffled on lines since hes been here and hasn't had a stable line since. Between our infirmary of top 9 players including much of Malkin and Crosby I don't know what stats your really supposed to look at to see what player Zucker is right now.

All things considered that stat line you were giving from his time here is what you have to go off of with the shortened season/injuries etc.

The Zucker experiment isn't going well and many Pens fans crowned him the whipping boy.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Seems to me a winger experiment that costs 5.5 mil per to "not go well" makes for natural trade fodder.

I am all for a shake-up because what else is there to do.....call it Luck, Hockey Gods, Life but we don't have it.

The problem isn't Zucker contrary to what many on the Pens board think but he's moveable and something needs to happen

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I am all for a shake-up because what else is there to do.....call it Luck, Hockey Gods, Life but we don't have it.

The problem isn't Zucker contrary to what many on the Pens board think but he's moveable and something needs to happen

Zucker's far from the only problem on this team. But he clearly doesn't work with Malkin and Sullivan won't use him anywhere else, and that is a problem.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Elaborate.

We actually have a fairly stacked NHL F lineup especially when close to health.

59 - 87 - 17 (not much to say here this is simply a great line, if folks really need evidence they can check their results for last year)
43 - 71 - 77 (Carter and Heinen have been insane, they can insulate a rusty Geno who even when playing poorly is still a high end NHL F)
16 - 9 - 42 (best xG line in the league while playing 1st/2nd line matchups, haven't finished quite like a 1st/2nd line so far, but that's still at least a good ass 3rd line and moving them down to easier matchups should help them even more)
23 - 53 - 12 (arguably the best defensive line in the league, numbers actually back it up as well)

It's the defense thats sucked shit so far and IMO has led to our demise most often this year and is most worrying going forward. Dumoulin needs a change of scenery or something. The dude has been so bad hes dragging 58 down with him. No rational person trusts Matheson either. Marino has been dogshit unless he has his MP28 security blankie. Our number 1 priority (as it is the weakest area of our team) is to get a number 2 LHD for 58. Maybe a backup G as well (or give Lindberg a shot)

And who is?

So from NSH my target would be Ekholm if anyone

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Zucker's far from the only problem on this team. But he clearly doesn't work with Malkin and Sullivan won't use him anywhere else, and that is a problem.

Absolutely fair but where is Geno?

How many games have they actually played together on a line. I am sure someone smarter than me could find that but I am genuinely serious because with the constant injuries and shuffling of lineups I don't feel like it was many. How many times has Kapanen, Malkin and Zucker seen the ice?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
When someone has trouble acknowledging basic facts like Zucker being a scoring line fixture, it's clear they're not worth engaging in anything else.

Goodbye.
Yes his 3 goals are earth shattering. Just a terrifying presence on any NHL scoring line. Just saying maybe it time for school. The 2 players the penguins let go Mccan and tanev who were considered 3rd line guys bit have more points then zucker.....schools out lad

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Absolutely fair but where is Geno?

How many games have they actually played together on a line. I am sure someone smarter than me could find that but I am genuinely serious because with the constant injuries and shuffling of lineups I don't feel like it was many. How many times has Kapanen, Malkin and Zucker seen the ice?

141 minutes last regular season between injuries:

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

50 minutes in the playoffs:

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Your the man.....thanks for linking that site as well

Not really much games from the looks.

But...every time they've been together it's underwhelming, and the Zucker/Kapanen combo hasn't otherwise inspired much confidence.

As I see it, with GCR disappointing as it has over the last few playoffs, the 2nd line has to be able to step up. I don't see ZMK doing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad