Tribute Former Stars Thread

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
I'm not sure Monty can really change the attitutes of the old the Jets core. He had no success with how the Stars old core played either . He did good with the younger players but to be fair so did Bones but Benn and Seguin well the horseshit comments happenend when Monty was still the coach.

Scheifele and Wheeler should probably not be on the Jets if you want Monty as a coach.
And that was in his first year as coach, barely 2.5 months into the job.

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Still proudly owning my Val jersey

Glad to see him doing so well

Reactions: Zapp

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
I hope this finally puts to bed the idea the fault all lies with how Nill and Ruff handled him.
Hopefully. I never understood those rumors anyway. Nobody’s perfect, right, but Nill has proven to be nothing but a people-first kind of GM. So the rumors that the front office was utterly negligent (or even malicious?) towards him never really made much sense.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Grossmann was on the ice today as one of the coaches. Interesting. That’s a name I haven’t heard in awhile

My bet is that it's likely as a guest. I just noticed that he's been the Conditioning Coach for his home club for 3 years, and it's the same club that Rickard Oquist was an Assistant GM for during half the season and Albert Sjoberg's club.

Maybe he could start working with Dallas though in a dual role where he helps with conditioning for Euro prospects. They don't have a Euro conditioning coach right now, and they do basically have an entire independent staff they're constructing over there.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
With how bad he's been the last couple of years might be his last shot for an NHL contract. Then again the Flames also somehow kept Ritchie longer in the NHL than he should've been .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
As soon as Roussel left the injuries start to pile up for him. Which is exactly what everybody expected would happen with his playstyle

Reactions: DangeRouss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad