Former Referee and Officiating Director Calls out TOR-BOS Game 2 Officials.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Posted in the Toronto Sun. I'm sure this will be an objective read.

"There were a combined nine penalties called in Boston’s 4-1 win in Game 2 — six more than were called in Toronto’s 4-1 win in Game 1. Based on the unofficial referees commenting on social media, there should have been a lot more, particularly against the Bruins."I think they should of posted Based on the Toronto fans commenting.

Avoided this site because I knew I would see stuff like this. The Toronto based hockey media is pathetic, acting like the leafs won the cup after game one now all this garbage. Its too bad for the suffering leafs fan of a long time that they have to get grouped into the complaining and pathetic fake bias's that get thrown around. All these new leaf fans and the hyperbole doesnt help either.

I cant imagine all the leaf fans that were around in the 90's and the early 2000's with all those hard nosed gritty leaf teams can get behind all this complaining about physical play.

Last edited:
Reactions: NyQuil

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
And Leafs fans say that Jack Edwards is biased. We can agree calls were missed but when you only quote those against Toronto it reeks of homerism and not journalism

There was the high-stick on John Tavares; the elbow from Jake DeBrusk that bloodied Travis Dermott; and the knee-on-knee hit that DeBrusk delivered on Nazem Kadri. All of them went uncalled, as referees Trevor Hanson and Brad Meier turned a blind eye and let the players mete out justice on their own.
In the process, they let the violence escalate. And made an embarrassment of a league that is supposedly concerned about a player’s safety.
So when Kadri cross-checked DeBrusk in the face as a retaliation for another questionable hit on Patrick Marleau that went uncalled
“Questionable hit on marleau”

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Can only imagine whats next thread could be,
"Hfboard poster calls out game 2 officiating"

Big deal, game was fine .

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Avoided this site because I knew I would see stuff like this. The Toronto based hockey media is pathetic, acting like the leafs won the cup after game one now all this garbage. Its too bad for the suffering leafs fan of a long time that they have to get grouped into the complaining and pathetic fake bias's that get thrown around. All these new leaf fans and the hyperbole doesnt help either.

I cant imagine all the leaf fans that were around in the 90's and the early 2000's with all those hard nosed gritty leaf teams can get behind all this complaining about physical play.

Physical play is fine, egregious officiating bias is not.

Same refs were working the game last year where they gave the Leafs 6 consecutive penalties after they were up 4-1. Only against Boston does this happen, and it was so utterly unfair and ridiculous that more and more people are calling it out, as should be done by all Hockey fans.

Those refs are dirty.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I will say that it’s quite literally only hurting one team and it’s not Toronto

Bruins gonna be down two defenseman and possibly Debrusk. The fact that it’s the Toronto media crying is both laugh out loud funny and possibly the most pathetic display I’ve ever seen from a group of “professionals”

If acciari threw the hit that was thrown on Krug we would be subjected to a million think pieces on if boarding is actually worth time in jail. I’m only half joking- that’s the sad part

Why...did he miss the flight? He was fine. Maybe his knee is sore from trying to take out Kadri?

Give the Bruins credit, they know what kind of game they have to play to win.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Physical play is fine, egregious officiating bias is not.

Same refs were working the game last year where they gave the Leafs 6 consecutive penalties after they were up 4-1. Only against Boston does this happen, and it was so utterly unfair and ridiculous that more and more people are calling it out, as should be done by all Hockey fans.

Those refs are dirty.

Didnt see you complaining when they put their whistles away in the late 90's and the early 2000's when the leafs tackled, grappled and interfered their way into series wins agains the sens and pens. I was told by so many leaf fans this is playoff hockey etc. Cant have it both ways.

Reactions: NyQuil

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Not a fan of Leafs or Bruins. I don't know how anyone could watch that game and think it was anything other than terribly officiated.

Reactions: Hick Leafs Fan

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
You mean we'll get a holiday to remember the day kadri was screwed over.
Isn’t this the playoff board? Wyd here? Satisfying your obsession with all things Leafs? I hate how people in Edmonton try to act like they’re from Toronto recently too (on social media). Talk about hating where you’re from.

2 minutes for hitting a leaf
Lol wow what a surprise compared to your post history!!! Sarcasm

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Didnt see you complaining when they put their whistles away in the late 90's and the early 2000's when the leafs tackled, grappled and interfered their way into series wins agains the sens and pens. I was told by so many leaf fans this is playoff hockey etc. Cant have it both ways.
The game has changed a little bit in the last 20-25 years.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Given the two teams power plays and PKs, I think that the Bruins would probably benefit if the game was called more tightly. The Leafs PP has struggled since being on fire at the beginning of the season.
Bergeron and co would have an even bigger impact.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Given the two teams power plays and PKs, I think that the Bruins would probably benefit if the game was called more tightly. The Leafs PP has struggled since being on fire at the beginning of the season.

Depends if they call the interference. Remove that from Boston and it opens up the 5 on 5 that brutalized them in game 1.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Not really. I stopped counting after 5 missed interference calls in the first. THAT kills flow.
Literally stopping the play kills flow lol. And in a figurative sense, players constantly switching between PK, PP and evens get sloppier / less clean on evens. Certain players get more tired

Like Hagelin for the Caps when they get tons of penalties, suddenly you don’t notice him at evens lol

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

Yes, Bruins have better special teams. I don't care whether the refs wants to call the game tight or loose. I care that they manage the game properly. They called some stuff that gets let go in houseleague, while letting the violent plays go, culminating in a major for crosschecking another player in the head. The refs job is to take a sample of unacceptable plays and infract them, to deter these plays from escalating. They picked the wrong plays to infract in game 2.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Can’t wait until the bruins lose a game so I can start a “father of solar industry employee calls out officiating” thread for my dad

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
So we had Sean Avery. Now we have a former official local to the area. Next we'll have the Toronto mayor saying game 2 was called unfairly.

I know, right. Giant conspiracy. Everyone who calls out the terrible officiating that game must be a secret Leaf agent. Spooky.

Reactions: Mitchy

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Ey Leafs you played like shit play better next game and quit finding excuses for Tavares and Matthews for not playing to their potential.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Just curious as to what is “the importance of high goal-scoring”?
It's draws in casual fans who can't tell a wrist shot from a wrist watch and who will be fans of the nhl until the next shiny bauble catches their eye?

Reactions: Btown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad