Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers) II

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone know what ever happened to our one time top prospect and future top six player Charles Hudon?

There were a few posters here that would de-rail threads because they couldn't fathom how I didn't think Charles Hudson could skate an NHL level.

I was even accused of being an "English bigot" because I said Hudon wasn't an NHL player.

Last edited:
Reactions: EXPOS123

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
1000008006.jpg

• Love
Reactions: the valiant effort

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I met Eric years ago when he played for the Quebec Citadelles (sp). They were playing in Norfolk and i was able to attend the morning skate. He gave me one of his sticks. I expected this kid to be an NHL star.

I was just getting into prospects then but I remember hating that pick but loved the Ribeiro pick. The next draft in '99 I had really high hopes for M-A Thinel and Vadim Tarasov. Oddly enough there was a repeat of the '98 draft in '00 as I didn't like the Hainsey pick but loved the Hossa pick, really thought he was going to be a stud for us but once again we ended up with the wrong brother like we did with the Bure brothers.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I was just getting into prospects then but I remember hating that pick but loved the Ribeiro pick. The next draft in '99 I had really high hopes for M-A Thinel and Vadim Tarasov. Oddly enough there was a repeat of the '98 draft in '00 as I didn't like the Hainsey pick but loved the Hossa pick, really thought he was going to be a stud for us but once again we ended up with the wrong brother like we did with the Bure brothers.

I remember the hossa hype train going into overdrive when he scored something like 5 points in his first 5 games.... it maybe have been 5 goals.

Valerie Bure turned out to be a good player, but he didn't fully breakout until he got to Calgary, but the breakout was short lived as his next few years were all injury plagued, and then he never came back after the lockout happened.

He left the game early, and I suspect it had to do with all those injury plagued seasons.

I guess both Bure brothers have that in common. They left the game battered. I don't think either of them left on their own terms.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I remember the hossa hype train going into overdrive when he scored something like 5 points in his first 5 games.... it maybe have been 5 goals.

Valerie Bure turned out to be a good player, but he didn't fully breakout until he got to Calgary, but the breakout was short lived as his next few years were all injury plagued, and then he never came back after the lockout happened.

He left the game early, and I suspect it had to do with all those injury plagued seasons.

I guess both Bure brothers have that in common. They left the game battered. I don't think either of them left on their own terms.

Hossa in the dub was really exciting to watch, it just sucks that along with Bure who was a solid player but man talk about what could have been, if both our Hossa/Bure's were the better brother we would have been set for years.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Won’t surprise me if we see CC with Dach and Newhook with Nick.

Yeah Slaf and Newhook were good with Dach last preseason. But now that Suzuki and Slaf seem like a match, maybe Newhook slides in with them.

I'm looking forward to seeing the first linr from last year. But I'm also looking forward to seeing MSL try different combos this year with Dach, and especially when Demidov arrives.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00