Former Ducks (2024-25 edition)

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
A few former Ducks mentioned here.

From the Marker Zone about Barys Astana going scored Earth with the jettisoning of several import players:

1729221636670.png

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Hey folks,
I used to do the prospect profiles and rankings for the Ducks for Hockey's Future when it was a thing. Back in the day, one of the guy's I was high on but never really stuck in the NHL was Mark Popovic, a second rounder in 2001.

Anyway, I recently saw that Popovic was helping out Valeri Nichuskin prepare for his return:
So that had me thinking about what he's up to and I found this podcast from 2020 where Popovic talks about his journey and specifically some mental approach/burnout that he had as he was leaving junior hockey and moving into pro hockey. Popovic was a player who was highly touted, captain of his junior team, played World Juniors, etc etc, but just wasn't having fun playing hockey. Anyway, it's a fascinating look behind the curtain. Not a lot of specific Anaheim content, but cool to hear his perspective on hockey development and growth.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cutter’s and Drysdale’s game last night is making me feel even better about that trade. I think once Gautheir scores his first goal, the ketchup bottle will flow. He brings what this team needs shooting the puck on net. Leo’s goal last night is a perfect example why you need to have someone crash the net when he is sniping. Either to deflect, screen, or clean up a rebound.

Reactions: Rybread86

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
Hey folks,
I used to do the prospect profiles and rankings for the Ducks for Hockey's Future when it was a thing. Back in the day, one of the guy's I was high on but never really stuck in the NHL was Mark Popovic, a second rounder in 2001.

Anyway, I recently saw that Popovic was helping out Valeri Nichuskin prepare for his return:
So that had me thinking about what he's up to and I found this podcast from 2020 where Popovic talks about his journey and specifically some mental approach/burnout that he had as he was leaving junior hockey and moving into pro hockey. Popovic was a player who was highly touted, captain of his junior team, played World Juniors, etc etc, but just wasn't having fun playing hockey. Anyway, it's a fascinating look behind the curtain. Not a lot of specific Anaheim content, but cool to hear his perspective on hockey development and growth.

Thanks for this. He was a player I had high hopes for.

Also, I wish HF still did the HF side of things!!

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Hey folks,

Forbesy! Speaking of former ducks. Now we just need snarktacular and prof. frink to pop up out of nowhere. And that guy who used to gamble for a living.

Reactions: 12ozPapa

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Cutter’s and Drysdale’s game last night is making me feel even better about that trade.

With Gauthier, even if he has ups and downs this year, he's a rookie, he has time. He just has to show flashes of more.

But Drysdale, even with injuries, now has quite a bit of NHL data. And I don't think he's substantially changed since he first came into the league. It's one thing to still need work defensively at his age, but this is the year he has to break out offensively or else you just have to conclude it's not gonna happen.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Gauthier's one timer last night was already more than enough to justify the trade in my mind. Need more guys in Ducks org that have both the skill and willingness to just hammer one timers with reckless abandon every time they are on the ice

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Cutter’s and Drysdale’s game last night is making me feel even better about that trade. I think once Gautheir scores his first goal, the ketchup bottle will flow. He brings what this team needs shooting the puck on net. Leo’s goal last night is a perfect example why you need to have someone crash the net when he is sniping. Either to deflect, screen, or clean up a rebound.

I watched some of Drysdale. Man is he bad in his own end. Still pulling for him, he's young, but right now it looks like a great trade for us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad