Forbes: The Toronto Maple Leafs, worth $2.8 billion, have overtaken the New York Rangers to become hockey’s most expensive franchise.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
These valuations are off by about half. If the Leafs were actually for sale good luck getting them under $6 billion. I’d bet the over on it. And it’s not just NHL teams. Basically all North American sports team valuations are way off from what I’ve seen.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Good thing it’s in a league without a flat cap, where our ability to acquire assets is commensurate with our organizational value.

Oh…Right.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Kings at 4 surprised me. But it is L.A. after all.

I'd imagine McDavid is essentially the main (sole?) factor for the Oilers being so high at 7.
It’s LA, and they have recent cups, so it’s understandable.

As for the topic at hand, I always assumed the laughs were way more valuable than the other teams in the league, so color me surprised.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
These valuations are off by about half. If the Leafs were actually for sale good luck getting them under $6 billion. I’d bet the over on it. And it’s not just NHL teams. Basically all North American sports team valuations are way off from what I’ve seen.

I mean not really. There are financial analysts whose main job is to figure this type of shit out so people can make sound investments.

The Commanders just sold for somewhere around $6 billion and they generate well over 2x as much revenue as the Maple Leafs do.

Yeah I guess someone could go out and buy them for $6 billion but it would be a very unwise financial decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad