Forbes: The Toronto Maple Leafs, worth $2.8 billion, have overtaken the New York Rangers to become hockey’s most expensive franchise.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
In sports they do. Just looks at leagues with no cap like MLB. Or a soft cap like the NBA.
If I am not mistaken, Blue Jays are 11th in MLB in total salaries and Raptors are 13th. So no, their owners are not willing to spend like crazy, when they are making a killing by staying put.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It’s LA, and they have recent cups, so it’s understandable.

As for the topic at hand, I always assumed the laughs were way more valuable than the other teams in the league, so color me surprised.
Hornets, a bottom 3 NBA team sold at a $3 billion valuation recently. Leafs, because they are part of MLSE, you are not going to be buying just them, you have to buy a portion of MLSE, which is what Tannenbaum sold recently or put on the market not long ago.

Don't worry about the numbers. Always interesting is to see the rankings. did a team move up like STL did several years ago after the Rams left STL. They moved up from mid 20's in the late 201X years to late teens after the Rams relocated back to LA. Rarely do you see a team move up unless it's an arena situation, which is why the Isles are higher ranked now than they were say 5/6 years ago while at Nassau/Barclays.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
If I am not mistaken, Blue Jays are 11th in MLB in total salaries and Raptors are 13th. So no, their owners are not willing to spend like crazy, when they are making a killing by staying put.
Did you just see the contract Ohtani signed with the Dodgers? I would call that crazy spending.

many76

Sep 20, 2014
According to Sportico the Raptors are the 9th highest in the NBA worth 4.1 billion

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Which is why I envy Carolina from afar, lol. Conference finalist, had a war chest around $23M prior to the draft if memory serves. A glut of picks for the next three drafts. Perfectly structured valuation across positions without needlessly exaggerated ceilings. Prospects at every position. And no sign that constant contention couldn't be the norm for the foreseeable future.

Dunno man. The Canes are missing something. Maybe someone like Brind'amour but on the ice for them. Maybe they should've jockeyed harder to get like a Tkachuk-type.

Not a Leafs fan. Just saying your team is just as irrelevant. A cinderella run on the back of a great goaltender who is no longer around.

Not a Leafs fan but definitely not a Habs fan. LOL Anywho if you'd watched those playoffs you would've known that Price was very good but not all world. What set MTL apart that year was our BIG 4D. 4 guys that just pummeled opposing forwards and made them weary of setting foot in our D-zone. The Lightning was just too good and our guys were gassed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad