OT: Football thread (2024 season)

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Does any Jets receiver know he’s throwing back shoulder?

Last week Gipson, this week Williams, both completely lost.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Does any Jets receiver know he’s throwing back shoulder?
Seems everyone in the known world, including the announcers, knew it.....announcers have been talking about it all game.

This was such a typical Jets ending.

I'm still trying to understand how the Jets were being considered bowl contenders after getting Rodgers.....I think they'll have trouble making the playoffs.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Seems everyone in the known world, including the announcers, knew it.....announcers have been talking about it all game.

This was such a typical Jets ending.

I'm still trying to understand how the Jets were being considered bowl contenders after getting Rodgers.....I think they'll have trouble making the playoffs.

Their defense is great. They have pretty good WR and running backs. If Rodgers doesn't throw 3 ints they win this game. Not all Rodgers fault but the defense really only gave up 13 points. There was a pick 6 and a no yards gained field goal.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
60 yards passing allowed last week, 171 allowed this week, lost both.

At least Denver ran the ball last week a bit, they held the Vikes to 82 yards on 30 carries today.

This loss is somehow worse than last week.

Reactions: FultonReed

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
God I hope the Mets come through cause I'll be checking in on the Giants probably getting shreded by Geno Smith lol
Imagine you are Geno last season. You already have a good oline, a fast RB, and 2 pro bowl WR. Your team then goes out and get a top college WR just as a cherry on top.

By the way Cross has turned has been playing very well at tackle. He was a slight consideration in the Evan Neal draft year.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Their defense is great. They have pretty good WR and running backs. If Rodgers doesn't throw 3 ints they win this game. Not all Rodgers fault but the defense really only gave up 13 points. There was a pick 6 and a no yards gained field goal.
Despite all this, I still don't think this team is as good as people think it is. Jets certainly didn't help themselves with the dropped or overthrown passes to open receivers.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Despite all this, I still don't think this team is as good as people think it is. Jets certainly didn't help themselves with the dropped or overthrown passes to open receivers.
You may be right. They are one of those teams that could end up with 8-11 wins and nobody would be surprised. Their defense has been really good for 3 seasons but will the whole team put it together? I have no idea. Sometimes Rodgers looks 36 and sometimes he looks 41.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad