OT: Football thread (2024 season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I'm kind of torn on Thibeadeaux. He's such a stat padder and doesn't really do much impactful until week 9 when they're out of it.

He's capable of making plays and having good games but he's way too inconsistent to rely on. He can disappear for loooooooooooooong stretches of time and regularly gets erased by competent linemen.

A good (not great) player who is pretty underwhelming for a 5th overall.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I didn't see the game but is it safe to say that Aaron Rodgers did not in fact make the Jets the greatest show on turf? Still an immense upgrade over Wilson.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I didn't see the game but is it safe to say that Aaron Rodgers did not in fact make the Jets the greatest show on turf? Still an immense upgrade over Wilson.
He's also developing chemistry with guys. Wilson has 9 quarters of play with him. Mike Williams has like 40 plays so far.

The best news is that Braelen Allen is exactly what I thought he could be. He's a stud and has all the makings of a big time runner.

By mid-season I expect a much better offensive outlook because Rodgers will have time to gel with the better talent on the team.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He's also developing chemistry with guys. Wilson has 9 quarters of play with him. Mike Williams has like 40 plays so far.

The best news is that Braelen Allen is exactly what I thought he could be. He's a stud and has all the makings of a big time runner.

By mid-season I expect a much better offensive outlook because Rodgers will have time to gel with the better talent on the team.

Once again, while overrated the defense is good enough that even a diminished Rodgers can win 9 games. But isn't it possible he's no longer the same QB?

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

Is Allen a full back? He runs like a locomotive.

@SnowblindNYR Rodgers makes the offense better. He puts the ball where he wants it and where it needs to be. He time manages. As long as the OL buys him time he will do damage.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

@SnowblindNYR Rodgers makes the offense better. He puts the ball where he wants it and where it needs to be. He time manages. As long as the OL buys him time he will do damage.

Obviously he makes the offense better than under Wilson. But I think the question is if he's more 2015 Peyton Manning or 2013 Peyton Manning. Both would obviously better than anything the Jets have had in years.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Looks like Minny was not the pushover people thought. Darnold with another good game. Geno Smith also playing well speaking of ex Jet QBs.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
The Seattle game was my “I’m out” on Jones.

Yesterday was my “I’m out” on Daboll and possibly Schoen. How do you not elevate a kicker when you know yours is hurt? If they just make their extra points they win the game. It’s not just yesterday though, Daboll has handled injuries horribly since he’s gotten here and it hasn’t gotten better.

That defense is atrocious. If not for the false starts by Washington that game could’ve easily been a blowout.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017

Allen is a RB and he was described as “235 lbs before breakfast.”

QB play in the NFL is dreadful.
That’s what happens when no one plays preseason. Tackling league wide has been pretty bad too.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
That’s what happens when no one plays preseason. Tackling league wide has been pretty bad too.
I also think the trash play of College Football has seeped into the NFL. There’s usually only a small group of good QB’s, but some of these guys can’t even take a snap from under center.

The games a lot different when you have to throw into a tight window against elite defensive players, instead of throwing it to a guy with no one with 7 yards of him against a school that advertises itself during reruns of Maury.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Only 10 QBs to start so far this week have a qb rating of 100+ including Danny nickels and dimes and 2 former jet draft picks. Aaron Rodgers numbers were not so lofty but good enough to win.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Couldn’t get off the field.

Washington basically ran a high school offense with runs and screen passes and the giants had no answer lol. Didn’t force one punt.
I agree with you except I do believe they had forced one 4th down when a very questionable holding penalty was called on Phillips. The offense actually had a good day. 3 tds on only 6 possessions and probably would have had a 4th on 6 possessions if Nabors catches a ball right in his hands. The no kicker really hurt. Not just for the 3 extra points but because Gilliam was having a rough day in other ways as well.

I would like to see more creativity out of Dabes. WFT ran a play where 80% of the Giant defenders ran right and when the ball went left it was a big gainer.

Reactions: Bob Richards

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
i'm not interested in any changes the giants make at any offensive position save RG and RT until they put together a real defense.

They can't get stops. Cant stop 3rd down runs or pin their ears back. Secondary is leakier than my dachshund in an earth quake.

Fix it. A real defense keeps you in every game. A bad defense keeps you out of 85% of them.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Wasn't the Giants front 7 supposed to cover for a weaker/inexperienced secondary?
Yes they were. The team did a better job rushing the passer yesterday but the sacks were by DBs and LBs often. I think Burns may have had a sack on the ridiculous penalty play.

Jets Johnson said he is out with Achilles tear. Maybe puts pressure to get Reddick in there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad