Confirmed with Link: Flyers To Buyout Remainder Of Cam Atkinson's Contract

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Lets be honest too... most likely if Jake did not get multiple concussions after leaving Flyers?

He would probably still be a 50-60 point 2nd liner...

One of the few things Chuck did right was trading Jake. So odd a plyer of his caliber could only get a player like Cam back. Wonder why Jake's value was so low?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Flyers all-time team buy-out, salary retention and pay to get rid of is fantastic.

LeClair-Giroux-Amonte
Umberger-Briere-Atkinson
Raffl-Lecavalier-Hayes
Brassard-Stevenson

Provorov-Gostisbehere
Meszaros-Gudas
Gustafsson-Schenn
Grossmann

Bryzgalov
Mrazek

Now, ofc joking on some of them... salary retention is not always a negative. In fact it can be smart.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
One of the few things Chuck did right was trading Jake.
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the Flyers have the fewest PPGs in the NHL since that trade. A paltry 96, while the 31st best team has 114. I guess taking Jake off PP1 wasn't enough to fix it. :snide:

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
Well I think you have to make any and all final subtractions now, before Michkov arrives so that you can use that as your new starting point with a good locker room. In theory anyway. The money down the road won't matter as much since you should have a bunch of entry level deals going. So I think it's a good move now.

They also need to trade anyone they don't want now and then start a proper build around Michkov.

Will they do that? Who the f knows.

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
My galaxy braining this buyout is it's part of the trade with Columbus to get the 4OA. CBJ can now sign Cam at league min to play out his final year as a Blue Jacket, instead of having to take on 50% of his contract.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Doesn't mean Chuck should have traded him for a similarly aged / declining player with an extra year on his contract.
It was Covid. The league was dollar-in, dollar-out at that time.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I'd criticize your reasoning but you didn't provide any.
Because i think you should waive your right to have a no movement clause, if you accept a move to another team. NMC should be decided on a team basis, financial terms and contract length are rightly protected as part of the CBA guarantee, but the clause shouldn't be.

To be honest, NMC clauses shouldn't exist when contracts are guaranteed personally. If you sign a long term deal and don't perform or hold your end of the bargain, there's no recourse.

Which I guess is hypocritical of me, because I couldn't care less about the owners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad