Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Latvian UFA forward Rodrigo Abols to one-year ELC, ex of Rogle BK (SHL)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What should I think about this?
IMG_4696.jpeg

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Seen him play a few games for Latvia i think. Pretty sure this is the same dude. Big frame, I think he’s a center?

Im like 20% sure he also played at the 2022 Olympics. Pretty sure he’s usually a captain for Latvia.

He’ll be a good guy to have around for Kolosov this upcoming year. Not even kidding. For that reason alone - I like the signing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seen him play a few games for Latvia i think. Pretty sure this is the same dude. Big frame, I think he’s a center?

Im like 20% sure he also played at the 2022 Olympics. Pretty sure he’s usually a captain for Latvia.

He’ll be a good guy to have around for Kolosov this upcoming year. Not even kidding. For that reason alone - I like the signing.
Don’t know he’d stick around the AHL that long. My guess is they’d let him go back to Europe if he’s not gonna stick.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
@ellja3 this is your thread

Hello! [:

Hard working center that can create something out of absolutely nothing. Pivotal part of Latvian bronze team, everyone was focusing on Šilovs, but Ābols played a huge part also, without him we wouldn't get that far, lots of subtle and not so subtle plays that led to key moments/goals. I hate the word ''intangibles'' ever since the Toews discourse, but Ābols is definition of it.

Glad to see another Latvian sign for Flyers, first time since Oskars Bārtulis who brought my attention to this club and I've been a fan ever since.

As someone in this thread already mentioned, his last name translates to Apple in Latvian.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
He would make way more going back than going to the AHL. Just depends how patient he is. They had to have told him he has a reasonable chance to make it.
I’m just not seeing any chance he makes it. Center is pretty solidified unless Laughton gets moved and Cates is permanently a LW?

Frost
Coots
Poehling?
Cates?

Reactions: Larry44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad