Sep 28, 2014
Chuck did say he wanted to get a look at the "young" guys
Screenshot_20220321-202949_Google.jpg

Oh.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
another RW ^^ so we may see Zac waived? Or more likely we see Hodgson on the first line and zac on the 4th. Cause we need more sandpaper and stupid penalties (we blamed NAK for).

How many match penalties does Hodgson have this season? @macleish1974

I get he scored a bit in the AHL. I get he can be a useful piece for this franchise in theory. But i think this franchise isnt able to use him to his abilities. They overuse him and make the new protege! He will play up in the lineup and suck dick! Just like Mayhew. Instead playing both on the 4t line and bench Zack!

It will be another one of this stories.....

Reactions: BiggE

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's a no cost move, they have the slots for this season, they give him a cameo, if he turns out to be a find, great.
If it turns out that he can't hack it at the NHL level, sign him to a new deal next year, either two way or AHL to provide a veteran for the Phantoms.

He's a try hard guy, but Hodgson actually skates well, has good size and a plus shot. Why he took so long to develop is a bit of a mystery.
44g 15-9 24 at ES. High Sh% but that's normal for AHL players.

Doubt he'll "shock the nation," but if he can give you what they get from MacEwen but also have the shot to pot a few goals in that role, that's fine.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Flyers are a little light at center now with Hayes, Frost, Brown and maybe Willman centering 4th line. Coots, Lootin, Thompson and J Cates are all injured, maybe Laczynski or Strome get a look at C before the end of the season.

Hodgson is a RW where the Flyers are loaded.

Cam, TK, Tipsy, MacE, Allison, Forester, Sandin are all RW’s and JVR, Farabee and Lindholm have played on the right side at some point this season.

Hopefully Hodgson brings some versatility and can play his offside (LW).

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Flyers are a little light at center now with Hayes, Frost, Brown and maybe Willman centering 4th line. Coots, Lootin, Thompson and J Cates are all injured, maybe Laczynski or Strome get a look at C before the end of the season.

Hodgson is a RW where the Flyers are loaded.

Cam, TK, Tipsy, MacE, Allison, Forester, Sandin are all RW’s and JVR, Farabee and Lindholm have played on the right side at some point this season.

Hopefully Hodgson brings some versatility and can play his offside (LW).

Tanner doesnt fit that 19-20 Islanders mold. He just got passed in the depth chart by Hodgson for sure.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
another RW ^^ so we may see Zac waived? Or more likely we see Hodgson on the first line and zac on the 4th. Cause we need more sandpaper and stupid penalties (we blamed NAK for).

I get he scored a bit in the AHL. I get he can be a useful piece for this franchise in theory. But i think this franchise isnt able to use him to his abilities. They overuse him and make the new protege! He will play up in the lineup and suck dick! Just like Mayhew. Instead playing both on the 4t line and bench Zack!

I am guessing 3 match penalties; he really is not a stupid penalty kind of guy....he is a hard hitter and levels opponents. But unlike Zac, he has a wicked AND accurate wrister plus he can get in the blue paint. Decent passer and handling the pass is pretty good. He doesn't look like a demented no brain idiot. Now whether he makes it to the NHL, don't know. I just have a gut feeling about him. I would be just as happy if he stays on the Phantoms for his career.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland

I am guessing 3 match penalties; he really is not a stupid penalty kind of guy....he is a hard hitter and levels opponents. But unlike Zac, he has a wicked AND accurate wrister plus he can get in the blue paint. Decent passer and handling the pass is pretty good. He doesn't look like a demented no brain idiot. Now whether he makes it to the NHL, don't know. I just have a gut feeling about him. I would be just as happy if he stays on the Phantoms for his career.

2016-17Saginaw SpiritOHL6738286671-1

Last year in juniors. Not bad. What I heard is he worked hard on his skating and passing while in ECHL and AHL before landing in LHV.

EDIT: Team guy like O'Reilly and Wilson. The younger players look up to him.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
2016-17Saginaw SpiritOHL6738286671-1

Last year in juniors. Not bad. What I heard is he worked hard on his skating and passing while in ECHL and AHL before landing in LHV.

EDIT: Team guy like O'Reilly and Wilson. The younger players look up to him.

He was bad for four years and then had a good year playing a lot as an overager on a bad team (Hronek led the team in PPG as a defenseman).

1647915819047.png

18 Points in 44 ECHL games last year. I'm not against a small reward for players like this, but the odds are firmly against him and hopefully they know when to pull the plug.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad