Confirmed with Link: Flyers Re-Sign Nick Seeler To Two Year Deal ($775K) (One-Way/Two-Way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
If only that's what he were in their eyes.

Is it good management to not try and improve their terrible depth?
I think Nick Seeler is perfectly fine league minimum cap depth on D. Plenty of worse D around the league make more.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
He's an AHL player. He was a major feature of a horrible defense. That defense needs to get better. It's good management to bring him back without even attempting to try someone else?
I think Nick Seeler is about as good as you're gonna get at $775k.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think Nick Seeler is about as good as you're gonna get at $775k.

He's not, though. We have players who will play a lot less than him but who are better in our own farm system. Much less everyone else around the various hockey leagues.

So it's good management to not bother trying to upgrade an area that needs an upgrade?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
He's not, though. We have players who will play a lot less than him but who are better in our own farm system. Much less everyone else around the various hockey leagues.

So it's good management to not bother trying to upgrade an area that needs an upgrade?
Is it good management to have young players sit on the bench instead of playing?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Is it good management to have young players sit on the bench instead of playing?

They won't be sitting on the bench. They'd be playing. Do you not know about Ellis? I'm not sure if you realized this, but Seeler played a lot last year. Over half the season. Those games could have gone to others.

You believe Seeler won't play. The team proved that wrong already.

Reactions: Adtar02

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
keep-on-scrolling-scroll-through.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Is that the woman who changes peoples' houses with her annoying husband and her dumb farm and kids who live on the farm and the show insists on showing their farm and family for no reason when it's supposed to be about changing the houses and nobody gives even half a damn about their contrived personal lives?

No. And don’t talk about Joanna like that.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
7th D definitely do not usually play 40-50 games. And Seeler was "limited" to 43 games because of COVID and injury, otherwise that would be higher. For a team in the Flyers' position with anemic depth and a bunch of prospects they're attempting to develop, that's the worst usage for a #7. The #7 in that case should only play in scenarios where the callup won't make it in time. Of course the Flyers are horribly managed so they can't realize that obvious fact.

With Ellis likely out for much or all of the season, Seeler will play in every game they can fit him in. And they will prefer him to youth because they always do. They already have. The team has shown us exactly how they view him and how they'll use him, you should believe them.

Yet another player who couldn't crack the NHL anywhere else but becomes a favorite of Fletcher's.
Jones, Seeler, Connauton, Thompson, Brown and MacEwan, when they are all re-signed, will be the worst starting 6 ever iced by the Flyers in team history.

Diaper Mask Bandits

Jan 15, 2022
Is there even question that Seeler will not be a healthy scratch next season,

He's marked down as the #6 dman or who knows maybe this organization views him as 2nd pairing. They viewed Mcdonald and Manning as legit second pairing guys

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Seeler with Yandle, xGF 35.76%, xGFrel -9.83
Seeler with Sanheim xGF 60.02%, xGFrel +16.34
Yandle with Sanheim, xGF 47.92%, xGF +2.09

Yandle was an advanced metrics black hole with every D-man, except strangely enough, Zamula, and to a lesser extent, York.
Seeler is not a good player, but pair him with a decent RHD and he'd probably be a passable 3rd pair guy.
Which is what you want from your #7 D-man.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well they almost certainly see him as a #5 or a #6, so maybe they should be shooting higher.

#7s don't play over half a season and have that cut short only due to injury and plague.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad