Confirmed with Link: Flyers Re-Sign Nick Seeler To Two Year Deal ($775K) (One-Way/Two-Way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
7D should be a player cheap enough and good enough to contribute on a contender that wouldn't pass through waivers.

7D should be an extra that can sit 90% of the season and not block younger players who can gain valuable experience on an middle to lower tier team.

You should never have a 7D that literally no other team would even consider signing for that role and never in the Flyers case play them over a guy like Zamula for an extended stint.

Same thing for 13F.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hogberg 17:03, Attard 16:35, Zamula 15:58, Connauton 14:35, Seeler 11:38, Yandle 11:21 after the TDL.

If they're good enough to start as a #6 or better, why would they come here when a PO team will want them to fill out a roster?
And if they're no better than a #7, what's the difference?

They were purposefully giving them tryouts. They will go with Seeler.

Remember when we went through this last off-season with Allison, Laczynski, and Frost? If asked, guarantee Fletcher will say he wants Attard to "show more."

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Allison and Laczynski were both injured in training camp.

Attard starting off in the NHL would not be surprising. They don't have a lot of RHD.

• Wow
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
People complain about development, and then they complain that the Flyers won't use a prospect as a #7 scratch instead of letting him play in the AHL.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Allison and Laczynski were both injured in training camp.

Attard starting off in the NHL would not be surprising. They don't have a lot of RHD.

Of all the young dman with potential, he's the one that actually needs AHL seasoning...and since we are in the Upside Down, he probably will start in the NHL.

Zamula or York playing the right >> Attard

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
No, people complain that the #7 is the first and preferred alternative and not a placeholder who only plays when a call-up can't make it in time.
Well at least that #7 is making league minimum when he is sitting on the bench.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Which will be scarce because with Ellis unlikely to play at this point, he will be in the lineup from the start.
Or Zamula or Attard. Seeler is league-minimum depth. Every team needs those guys. It's absurd to call it an "incredible waste of cap space."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Or Zamula or Attard. Seeler is league-minimum depth. Every team needs those guys. It's absurd to call it an "incredible waste of cap space."

I didn't call it an absurd waste of cap space. I called your plan to sign two guys at that cost and have them duke it out an absurd waste of cap space. I explained this very clearly yesterday. Several times, even.

Zamula might be on the roster. But only because Braun is out. Attard will not play over Seeler. They will not have that many youth playing at once. They will refuse.

If Seeler had stayed healthy, he'd have played out the season to boot.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I didn't call it an absurd waste of cap space. I called your plan to sign two guys at that cost and have them duke it out an absurd waste of cap space. I explained this very clearly yesterday. Several times, even.

Zamula might be on the roster. But only because Braun is out. Attard will not play over Seeler. They will not have that many youth playing at once. They will refuse.
You specifically called the Seeler signing alone an "incredible waste of cap space."

I made a point that signing Seeler doesn't *preclude* them from signing another minimum wage player. I never argued two guys as "a plan." More unsurprising BS from you in an effort to save face.

You were the guy who argued in favor of tying up $1.5M in a 7th D instead of minimum wage, which WOULD have cap implications if they sent that $1.5M player down. None of what you argued made any sense. That's why none of your buddies on here came to your defense.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You specifically called the Seeler signing alone an "incredible waste of cap space."

I made a point that signing Seeler doesn't *preclude* them from signing another minimum wage player. I never argued two guys as "a plan." More unsurprising BS from you in an effort to save face.

You were the guy who argued in favor of tying up $1.5M in a 7th D instead of minimum wage, which WOULD have cap implications if they sent that $1.5M player down. None of what you argued made any sense. That's why none of your buddies on here came to your defense.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you what I was talking about before you'll understand. You're willingly choosing to misunderstand at this point. I cannot help you.

I argued for signing a single 1.5 million dollar player over letting two 770k players duke it out like you proposed because that's a far more cap efficient use of offseason space.

This has to be the fourth time I have explained this to you. I have no doubt sometime in the near future you will lie and claim I said something else again. It is quite weird for you to propose something, me to address it, and then you to repeatedly pretend I was addressing something else.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I don't know how many times I have to tell you what I was talking about before you'll understand. You're willingly choosing to misunderstand at this point. I cannot help you.

I argued for signing a single 1.5 million dollar player over letting two 770k players duke it out like you proposed because that's a far more cap efficient use of offseason space.

This has to be the fourth time I have explained this to you. I have no doubt sometime in the near future you will lie and claim I said something else again. It is quite weird for you to propose something, me to address it, and then you to repeatedly pretend I was addressing something else.
Except my point was that signing Seeler at $775k didn’t preclude them at all from signing another $775k defenseman in free agency if one they like better accepts it.

Very simple point.

And IF that happens, they still end up with only one $775k cap hit at 7D, since Seeler can be sent to the AHL with no penalty.

Makes zero sense for you to argue in favor of a $1.5M 7th D while complaining about the cap implications of league-minimum D battling it out for #7. Completely illogical.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Except my point was that signing Seeler at $775k didn’t preclude them at all from signing another $775k defenseman in free agency if one they like better accepts it.

Very simple point.

And IF that happens, they still end up with only one $775k cap hit at 7D, since Seeler can be sent to the AHL with no penalty.

Makes zero sense for you to argue in favor of a $1.5M 7th D while complaining about the cap implications of league-minimum D battling it out for #7. Completely illogical.

That's a waste of space. It's a terrible use of very limited cap. That's my point. In that situation you are better off getting a clearly better player for the same cumulative price.

Cap space and contract limitations exist in the offseason. Again, covered this yesterday.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
That's a waste of space. It's a terrible use of very limited cap. That's my point. In that situation you are better off getting a clearly better player for the same cumulative price.

Cap space and contract limitations exist in the offseason. Again, covered this yesterday.
The terrible use of cap is $1.5M locked into a #7. Going league minimum on the 7th D saves them space. You are the one advocating for the extra contract when it counts -- the actual season.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The terrible use of cap is $1.5M locked into a #7. Going league minimum on the 7th D saves them space. You are the one advocating for the extra contract when it counts -- the actual season.

But as I explained, this isn't the number 7. This is actually the number 6 in their eyes. That's how they used Seeler last year with Ellis out. That's how they are sure to see him now, hence the need to get him signed ASAP. He is a roster mainstay, not a fill-in.

And again, as I explained, I told you that just signing the single 1.5 million dollar player is better than your proposed slugging match between two slobs for the same price. I still cannot figure out how you don't grasp that. You proposed something, I responded to it, and you've convinced yourself I was talking about something else despite having it clarified repeatedly.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
But as I explained, this isn't the number 7. This is actually the number 6 in their eyes. That's how they used Seeler last year with Ellis out. That's how they are sure to see him now, hence the need to get him signed ASAP. He is a roster mainstay, not a fill-in.

And again, as I explained, I told you that just signing the single 1.5 million dollar player is better than your proposed slugging match between two slobs for the same price. I still cannot figure out how you don't grasp that. You proposed something, I responded to it, and you've convinced yourself I was talking about something else despite having it clarified repeatedly.
Um, yeah, Seeler was the #7, and when one of the top 6 was out, he got playing time. That's how the #7 role works.

He still played, what, 43 games? A 7th D usually plays 40-50 games.

Anyway, he's nothing but league-minimum defensive depth. You need depth, and his price is nothing.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Um, yeah, Seeler was the #7, and when one of the top 6 was out, he got playing time. That's how the #7 role works.

He still played, what, 43 games? A 7th D usually plays 40-50 games.

Anyway, he's nothing but league-minimum defensive depth. You need depth, and his price is nothing.

7th D definitely do not usually play 40-50 games. And Seeler was "limited" to 43 games because of COVID and injury, otherwise that would be higher. For a team in the Flyers' position with anemic depth and a bunch of prospects they're attempting to develop, that's the worst usage for a #7. The #7 in that case should only play in scenarios where the callup won't make it in time. Of course the Flyers are horribly managed so they can't realize that obvious fact.

With Ellis likely out for much or all of the season, Seeler will play in every game they can fit him in. And they will prefer him to youth because they always do. They already have. The team has shown us exactly how they view him and how they'll use him, you should believe them.

Yet another player who couldn't crack the NHL anywhere else but becomes a favorite of Fletcher's.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
7th D definitely do not usually play 40-50 games. And Seeler was "limited" to 43 games because of COVID and injury, otherwise that would be higher. For a team in the Flyers' position with anemic depth and a bunch of prospects they're attempting to develop, that's the worst usage for a #7. The #7 in that case should only play in scenarios where the callup won't make it in time. Of course the Flyers are horribly managed so they can't realize that obvious fact.

With Ellis likely out for much or all of the season, Seeler will play in every game they can fit him in. And they will prefer him to youth because they always do. They already have. The team has shown us exactly how they view him and how they'll use him, you should believe them.

Yet another player who couldn't crack the NHL anywhere else but becomes a favorite of Fletcher's.
League. Minimum. Depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad