Confirmed with Link: Flyers Great Ryan Johansen Placed On Waivers For Purpose Of Terminating Contract Due To "Material Breach"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I get taking him on as a way to get a 1st...but theyve had it out for this guy since hes got here. Never understood why they needed him to go to the ahl when they have such a hole at center. Let him play and hope he becomes an attractive option for another team to trade for.
5 Letters is the answer

The Kings still got players after Richards was terminated.
He was rightfully terminated by the Kings. If the Flyers lose this case it's totally going to screw them

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Yeah, for Ellis, I know golf is a different sport but it got me thinking that the Flyers (if they wanted to pursue it) could question why he isn't even trying to play hockey. That just seemed to be a situation where he legitimately tried to find a solution for the first year or two, then both sides just eventually accepted that he won't play hockey anymore.

I think there is a point to be made related to Ellis.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE TEAM'S CLAIM IS HERE. THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL NEUTRAL PLAYER SITUATION.

I would guess that a well-run organization would require immense thought as to whether or not to challenge a player injury. It invites scrutiny on other injuries. It runs the risk of pissing off a percentage of players. We'll never know how high that percentage is and I'm sure it's not a majority or anything. But I would argue that it's probably a greater percentage in high earners than depth players. Then you weigh that against your potential upside.

You would think a measured approach would have to include some proof beyond "our doctor says he's good."

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I think there is a point to be made related to Ellis.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE TEAM'S CLAIM IS HERE. THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL NEUTRAL PLAYER SITUATION.

I would guess that a well-run organization would require immense thought as to whether or not to challenge a player injury. It invites scrutiny on other injuries. It runs the risk of pissing off a percentage of players. We'll never know how high that percentage is and I'm sure it's not a majority or anything. But I would argue that it's probably a greater percentage in high earners than depth players. Then you weigh that against your potential upside.

You would think a measured approach would have to include some proof beyond "our doctor says he's good."
especially when there are questions about "our doctors"

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He got married on Saturday? Did they hit this guy with a termination on his honeymoon? :laugh:
1724183132561.gif

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
One thing that seems a little odd to me is the Flyers doctors had to approve his injury to stash him away on the injured list. Not sure if NHL doctors also needed to approve.

So what exactly is the material breach? Doesn't seem like injury related or maybe it does. Cant wait to see what the Flyers have on this guy.

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
Hopefully they didn't terminate the contract looking to spend that $8 million on a longer contract for another trash player.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Feels really petty on the surface. We’re getting to the point where we can just cross off his clients as potential adds in the future.

I thought the selling point with Keith Jones was that he was a good communicator and relationship builder. :dunno:
The selling point was that he is a Flyer* and sports talk radio likes him. The Flyers only care about PR within their bubble so they can control the narrative. There’s no on ice benefit.

*deady will argue that he’s not.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Johanssen now has a severe injury that requires surgery? A year later? Huh?

They wanted to trade him with 50% retained but had no takers.
They wanted to send him to the AHL to bury $1.25M, he came up with an "Injury" after playing every game for the Avs.
Now he needs surgery almost a year later.

His games cost them the opportunity to buy him out this summer.

Good riddance. Try scamming your employer and see if you get terminated.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
One thing that seems a little odd to me is the Flyers doctors had to approve his injury to stash him away on the injured list. Not sure if NHL doctors also needed to approve.

So what exactly is the material breach? Doesn't seem like injury related or maybe it does. Cant wait to see what the Flyers have on this guy.
I don't think he ever went on IR. He just stayed on the active roster.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad