Value of: Flyers firesale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Hope it’s cool to post for another team, but I look at their roster and they just don’t seem close. To my mind pretty much everyone outside of Hart is available- they’re kinda stuck in no-man’s land, no hot prospects, no hope of a deep run, so sell it all and start over. Question is- how much is a guy like Farabee worth? What about Couturier, do you move him? Obviously Giroux is the big piece, just wondering how people value their lineup in general.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Their roster doesn’t look that bad to me. They should be a lot better than their record suggests. A coaching change might do them so good. If anything, a simple retool should fix some of their weaknesses.

Untouchables would be Hart, Farabee, Couturier for sure. A few more could be added onto that list and I wouldn’t argue.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Remember, the Flyers live in Nietzsche's Eternal Recurrence:

No Flyers will be available. They will go on a run in late Winter and early Spring to give Fletcher a belief that the team has a shot at the playoffs. He will make a few lame pick ups at the deadline - Nate Thompson clones to go with our current Nate Thompson, using up middle round draft picks - so that the team will go into the off season with a fake belief they are not that bad, which will allow them to sign Mike Yeo as long term coach to insure that the team will perpetually be crap.

All upcoming UFAs will leave for greener pastures, leaving the Flyers with nothing to show for it.

In the offseason, Fletcher will sign every player who is available who one time played for the Minnesota Wild, as long as they have 10 years of experience and are retired or in the minors, or haven't played more than 50 games as a NHLer. Kris Foucault, Stephane Vieilleux, Tom Gilbert, and Torrey Mitchell will all sign with the Flyers to take up space that could be played by younger players with at least a chance at maybe having a future in the league.

Next season, the team will go into a slump of losing at least 10 games in a row, but will then win 8 in a row in January giving the team hope they will make the playoffs, only to fall short . He will make a few lame pick ups at the deadline - Patrick Brown clones to go with our current Patrick Brown, using up a middle round draft picks - so that the team will go into the off season with a fake belief they are not that bad, which will allow them to keep Mike Yeo as long term coach to insure that the team will perpetually be crap.

All upcoming UFAs will leave for greener pastures, leaving the Flyers with nothing to show for it.

In the offseason, Fletcher will sign every player who is available who one time played for the Minnesota Wild, as long as they have 10 years of experience and are retired or haven't played more than 50 games as a NHLer. Zenon Konopka, Ryan Carter, Justin Fontaine, and Tyler Graovac will all sign with the Flyers to take up space that could be played by younger players with at least a chance at maybe having a future in the league.

That following season, the team will go into a slump of losing at least 10 games in a row, but will then win 8 in a row in January giving the team hope they will make the playoffs, only to fall short . He will make a few lame pick ups at the deadline - Nick Seeler clones to go with our current Nick Seeler, using up a middle round draft picks - so that the team will go into the off season with a fake belief they are not that bad, which will allow them to keep Mike Yeo as long term coach to insure that the team will perpetually be crap.

See a pattern here? Yes, it is the pattern of eternal crapness. As a Flyers fan for over 45 years, there will be no end. It must always be this way. This is the way.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Remember, the Flyers live in Nietzsche's Eternal Recurrence:

No Flyers will be available. They will go on a run in late Winter and early Spring to give Fletcher a belief that the team has a shot at the playoffs. He will make a few lame pick ups at the deadline - Nate Thompson clones to go with our current Nate Thompson, using up middle round draft picks - so that the team will go into the off season with a fake belief they are not that bad, which will allow them to sign Mike Yeo as long term coach to insure that the team will perpetually be crap.

In the offseason, Fletcher will sign every player who is available who one time played for the Minnesota Wild, as long as they have 10 years of experience and are retired or in the minors, or haven't played more than 50 games as a NHLer. Kris Foucault, Stephane Vieilleux, Tom Gilbert, and Torrey Mitchell will all sign with the Flyers to take up space that could be played by younger players with at least a chance at maybe having a future in the league.

Next season, the team will go into a slump of losing at least 10 games in a row, but will then win 8 in a row in January giving the team hope they will make the playoffs, only to fall short . He will make a few lame pick ups at the deadline - Patrick Brown clones to go with our current Patrick Brown, using up a middle round draft picks - so that the team will go into the off season with a fake belief they are not that bad, which will allow them to keep Mike Yeo as long term coach to insure that the team will perpetually be crap.

In the offseason, Fletcher will sign every player who is available who one time played for the Minnesota Wild, as long as they have 10 years of experience and are retired or haven't played more than 50 games as a NHLer. Zenon Konopka, Ryan Carter, Justin Fontaine, and Tyler Graovac will all sign with the Flyers to take up space that could be played by younger players with at least a chance at maybe having a future in the league.

That following season, the team will go into a slump of losing at least 10 games in a row, but will then win 8 in a row in January giving the team hope they will make the playoffs, only to fall short . He will make a few lame pick ups at the deadline - Nick Seeler clones to go with our current Nick Seeler, using up a middle round draft picks - so that the team will go into the off season with a fake belief they are not that bad, which will allow them to keep Mike Yeo as long term coach to insure that the team will perpetually be crap.

See a pattern here? Yes, it is the pattern of eternal crapness. As a Flyers fan for over 45 years, there will be no end. It must always be this way. This is the way.
Must be depressing for Flyers fans to read this . Oh well Philly fans are not worth my sympathy............. only kidding

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hope it’s cool to post for another team, but I look at their roster and they just don’t seem close. To my mind pretty much everyone outside of Hart is available- they’re kinda stuck in no-man’s land, no hot prospects, no hope of a deep run, so sell it all and start over. Question is- how much is a guy like Farabee worth? What about Couturier, do you move him? Obviously Giroux is the big piece, just wondering how people value their lineup in general.
They were never a bottom 3-5 team during their "rebuild" under Hextall.
You can legitmately make the argument of what was the point of holding onto Giroux and/or Vorachek after they moved Schenn for 2 first round picks to STL.

They should be better than their record, but even at their best, they are a playoff team and they would be underdogs in the playoffs in round 1 vs the top teams in the East.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
You can legitmately make the argument of what was the point of holding onto Giroux and/or Vorachek after they moved Schenn for 2 first round picks to STL.

They should be better than their record, but even at their best, they are a playoff team and they would be underdogs in the playoffs in round 1 vs the top teams in the East.

Right. The only way the Flyers would be a threat is if you had a coach like Hitchcock come in teach the entire team to play defense and limit the other teams to 18 shots a game and win games 2-1. Since that is not going to happen, the Flyers will go on a run to finish 10th-15th worst in the league to not get a good draft pick and not rebuild. Thus, the eternal recurrence of this happening every season.

Even if the Flyers declared a rebuild, the fans and ownership would not put up with it for more than a season. Philly fans (being a Philly fan myself) are fickle and impatient. Look at how Yzerman is rebuilding Detroit. If that were Philly, all the media and fans would be talking about how they could trade their prospects for aging vets with bad contracts to make a push for the playoffs.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
All depends what they want to do. I don't think they have to tear it down, but know that's a realistic outcome. Still very upset we didn't take a shot at Eichel as a franchise-changer.

Guys likely should trade for picks/prospects:
- Giroux
- Braun
- Ellis
- Yandle
- Brassard
- Atkinson
- Hayes
- JVR
- Laughton

Guys should be traded for similar caliber player needing new look:
- Konecny
- Sanheim
- Provorov (if desperate)
- Ristolanen
- Hayes
- Lindblom

Guys you really shouldn't trade, but if you're tearing it down - then get an overpayment:
- Farabee
- Couturier

Guys I won't trade unless they're giving me the moon:
- Hart

Last edited:

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa

Hextall wanted to burn it down. The front office still wanted to put butts in the seats. You can't have it both ways. The fanbase was on board to burn it down. All the picks, prospects, and cap space left for Fletcher went down the drain. No one has developed under Fletcher. Burning thru $36 million left to him in one offseason re-signing players and Hayes. He can't evaluate or develop talent. You have Holmgren fail as their coach and promoted instead of let go so his failed influence stays with the team. Then goes from GM up to team President. Imagine failing up every time all because he was a former player.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Right. The only way the Flyers would be a threat is if you had a coach like Hitchcock come in teach the entire team to play defense and limit the other teams to 18 shots a game and win games 2-1. Since that is not going to happen, the Flyers will go on a run to finish 10th-15th worst in the league to not get a good draft pick and not rebuild. Thus, the eternal recurrence of this happening every season.

Even if the Flyers declared a rebuild, the fans and ownership would not put up with it for more than a season. Philly fans (being a Philly fan myself) are fickle and impatient. Look at how Yzerman is rebuilding Detroit. If that were Philly, all the media and fans would be talking about how they could trade their prospects for aging vets with bad contracts to make a push for the playoffs.
If you rebuild like Detroit and then a couple of the kids take off, so be it. Even if the Wings don't have a key piece like a 1C. Can't control that. Despite what their tank posters here think that they should do to get Wright.

Philly, they made some odd moves over the years. JVR and Hayes signings seemed unnecessary.

I personally think that the days of expecting a player to remain with your team forever should be over with. Your team will go through cycles. So, if the timing of the cycle comes when your top player is just 30/31 or so, it might be best for both sides to move that player.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
All depends what they want to do. I don't think they have to tear it down, but know that's a realistic outcome. Still very upset we didn't take a shot at Eichel as a franchise-changer.

Guys likely should trade for picks/prospects:
- Giroux
- Braun
- Ellis
- Yandle
- Brassard
- Atkinson
- Hayes
- JVR

Guys should be traded for similar caliber player needing new look:
- Konecny
- Sanheim
- Provorov (if desperate)
- Ristolanen
- Hayes
- Lindblom

Guys you really shouldn't trade, but if you're tearing it down - then get an overpayment:
- Farabee
- Couturier

Guys I won't trade unless they're giving me the moon:
- Hart
How has Braun been?
He could be a cheap depth RD add for the leafs

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Do Flyers fans think Cam York would be available?

Unless he's being swapped for a top piece - no.

We're a franchise with few top-end prospects and he's probably #1 on the list. Trading him would be a terrible idea without a top, young asset coming back as well.

What's the ask for Braun, Brassard and Laughton? Thanks!

If I had to guess (at the TDL)...

Brassard a 4th
Braun a 3rd
Laughton maybe a 2nd (tough to gauge since he's better than people realize)

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Do Flyers fans think Cam York would be available?

Yes. If there was a veteran piece that would make the front office think the team would make a push for the playoffs and they could fit it under the cap. I see this team like the days of Clarke and Holmgren. Try to make the playoffs no matter the cost. Not even wining the Cup of becoming a legitimate cup threat.

I see their thinking process as such:

Cam York hasn't played a game in the NHL. He might be a flop for all we know. But Matt Duchesne has ability. If he could regain his form from 10 years ago, he could help us make the playoffs. And that is how Fletcher/Holmgen/Clarke/Scott/Snider or whoever has power thinks.

Only Hextall thought long term.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
2022 Flames 2nd + 2022 Panthers 2nd + Stromgren for Giroux (with some salary retention)

If the Flames make it to the finals and Giroux plays in at least 50% of playoff games, the Flames' 2nd upgrades to a 2023 1st.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
2022 Flames 2nd + 2022 Panthers 2nd + Stromgren for Giroux (with some salary retention)

If the Flames make it to the finals and Giroux plays in at least 50% of playoff games, the Flames' 2nd upgrades to a 2023 1st.

Can't imagine a scenario where the Flyers can't get a guaranteed #1 for Giroux (especially with retention, which I assume will be needed wherever he goes).

Flyers would likely go elsewhere, if I had to guess.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama

You are offering too much. Fletcher will see your offer and tell you to change the picks to a single 3rd rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad