Speculation: Flyers Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Burn it all down

─────────────███████████████────────────
──────────████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████─────────
────────███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███───────
───────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███─────
──────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒███████▒▒▒██────
─────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒██───
────██▒▒██▒▒▒▒███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███▒▒██──
───██▒▒▒▒▒████▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒█──
───█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███░█▒▒▒█░███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█──
───█▒▒▒▒▒██████░░░░█▒▒▒█░░░░██████▒▒▒█──
───█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░░░░▓▓██▒▒▒██▓▓░░░░█▒▒▒▒▒█──
───█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██████▒█▒▒▒▒█──
───█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒█──
───█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░█▒▒▒█──
───██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░█▒▒██──
────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████████▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒██───
─────██▒▒▒▒▒▒█████▒▒▒▒▒▒█████▒▒▒▒▒██────
──────██▒▒▒███▒▒▒▒▒████▒▒▒▒▒███▒▒██─────
───────███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██──────
─────────███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███───────
───────────█████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██████─────────
───────────────████████████─────────────

But seriously how about they start with the coaching staff first...

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You really think Sanheim will be gone, what's the story there?

I imagine the Blues would be very interested FWIW. If they move Tarasenko they may have the cap room + pieces necessary for entice philly if Sanheim is really available...

As someone else mentioned, we're terrible at evaluating defensemen. Sanheim is terribly underrated by management and most of of our fanbsse because he isn't big or lay hitzzzz.

There were also some minor issues with his last contract. He's unhappy (rightfully) about not getting PP opportunity behind probably the worst PP defenseman in the league, because the Flyers are basically capping his msx contract value by not letting him get the points he should be.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Vancouver already has Hughes and OEL at LD... whereas Philly would have a greater need for Chychrun in their top 4.
Also, I wouldn't consider that deal from Philly's perspective given the age and contracts of the players involved in your proposal.
Would you trade Hughes + Dickinson (for cap purposes) for Petry + Drouin?
I know it's not a perfect example, but it's close enough to get my point across...

While on paper Quinn is a LD, his mobility gives him the intriguing potential to be one of the few who could transition to the right side, which would address a major need at the top of our RD group. In turn, getting Chychrun would solidify the LD here, and what better way for Vancouver to shore up the back end than with a prime trade chip like Miller? (Sure Philly may have a greater need, but it doesn't mean that Vancouver shouldn't want Chychrun, or that there would be no fit here as I explained above).

Chychrun - Hughes
OEL - Hamonic
_____ - Poolman

To your second point, if in your second trade the Coyotes could see a fit in taking on greybeards JVR and Yandle for their key young guns (and once again empty out all their youth by trading them for Crouse and Chychrun), then in turn I don't see how you could say the age and contracts in my proposal make it unrealistic. At most what you should have said was "from Philly's perspective I wouldn't want to trade Chychrun due to his age and potential" but your argument comes off hypocritical given the age and lengthy contracts you dump on the Coyotes. There's no basis in trying to appear objective in your reply when the intent is to keep the youth that you would personally want (and when subjectively Miller and Myers are "too old" for your proposed team).

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
While on paper Quinn is a LD, his mobility gives him the intriguing potential to be one of the few who could transition to the right side, which would address a major need at the top of our RD group. In turn, getting Chychrun would solidify the LD here, and what better way for Vancouver to shore up the back end than with a prime trade chip like Miller? (Sure Philly may have a greater need, but it doesn't mean that Vancouver shouldn't want Chychrun, or that there would be no fit here as I explained above).

Chychrun - Hughes
OEL - Hamonic
_____ - Poolman

To your second point, if in your second trade the Coyotes could see a fit in taking on greybeards JVR and Yandle for their key young guns (and once again empty out all their youth by trading them for Crouse and Chychrun), then in turn I don't see how you could say the age and contracts in my proposal make it unrealistic. At most what you should have said was "from Philly's perspective I wouldn't want to trade Chychrun due to his age and potential" but your argument comes off hypocritical given the age and lengthy contracts you dump on the Coyotes. There's no basis in trying to appear objective in your reply when the intent is to keep the youth that you would personally want (and when subjectively Miller and Myers are "too old" for your proposed team).

I'm not sure where any of this is coming from... perhaps you misread my comment, or mistook it in some way

All I said was that I wouldn't make the deal you proposed from Philly's perspective, and then supplied the reason why...

I wasn't being hypocritical... just sharing my thoughts on what you suggested

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Lol I don't get the Canucks fans' hate on Tyler Myers, he's been one of the better guys on our backend.
Also, instead of Risto (too inconsistent and playing style is too risky) and Keller (we have enough smaller skilled wingers in Garland and Hoglander) if the PHI - ARI trade happened I would then push to swap Miller for Chychrun (Jakob is a top LD but Miller is a top LW/ C and versatile enough to play on both PP and PK units) and see if we could also swap Laughton instead for Myers (top-4 RD for 3rd line C probably makes for a fair trade). Vancouver needs help on defense and on the PK, plus up the middle.

Counter offer:
Miller, Myers for Chychrun, Laughton (for cap purposes, can also take on Lindblom or Braun)

A year and a half of JT Miller doesn't get you anywhere near Chychrun. Plus you want someone to eat the Myers contract? That's laughable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad