Speculation: Flyers Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NateThompson44

<3 APPLEYARD <3
Feb 16, 2019
London
Burn it all down

─────────────███████████████────────────
──────────████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████─────────
────────███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███───────
───────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███─────
──────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒███████▒▒▒██────
─────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒██───
────██▒▒██▒▒▒▒███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███▒▒██──
───██▒▒▒▒▒████▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒█──
───█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███░█▒▒▒█░███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█──
───█▒▒▒▒▒██████░░░░█▒▒▒█░░░░██████▒▒▒█──
───█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░░░░▓▓██▒▒▒██▓▓░░░░█▒▒▒▒▒█──
───█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██████▒█▒▒▒▒█──
───█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒█──
───█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░█▒▒▒█──
───██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░█▒▒██──
────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████████▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒██───
─────██▒▒▒▒▒▒█████▒▒▒▒▒▒█████▒▒▒▒▒██────
──────██▒▒▒███▒▒▒▒▒████▒▒▒▒▒███▒▒██─────
───────███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██──────
─────────███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███───────
───────────█████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██████─────────
───────────────████████████─────────────

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We'll take Atkinson back at 50% retention for future considerations.

(Or, alternatively, maybe some specifics as to who/what the Flyers might consider giving up would be in order.)

Reactions: Gurglesons and BHD

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Teams that just made moves to be competitive over the summer don't burn it down 17 games into the season when they are above .500. If they did half of the league would be tearing it down at any given time.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Teams that just made moves to be competitive over the summer don't burn it down 17 games into the season when they are above .500. If they did half of the league would be tearing it down at any given time.
To be fair, sometimes it seems like a sizeable chunk of these boards feels that's exactly how teams should be managed. :)

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
With Provorov, Couturier, Konecny, Farabee, Hayes, Atkinson, and Laughton all signed to long term deals, I don't think the Flyers are in an ideal position to blow it all up...

They remind me of the 2019 Blues team that won the Cup, so with the right additions and a little luck, they could be a playoff threat

Trade#1

To St. Louis: Sanheim

To Philly: 2022 1st, Scandella

Blues get a top 4 LD

Flyers add a 2022 1st, and a veteran Dman to help offset the loss of Sanheim

Trade #2

To Arizona: PHI's 2022 1st, STL's 2022 1st, Foerster, Tuomaala, York, JVR, Lindblom, Yandle

To Philly: Chychrun, Keller, Crouse

Yotes add 2 more 2022 1sts, and 3 solid prospects, while also clearing Keller's long term contract. JVR and Lindblom are a couple of expensive warm bodies to help them reach the cap floor next season. Yandle gets to finish what will most likely be his final season where he spent the bulk of his career

Philly get a top pairing LD on a team-friendly contract for the next 4 years, plus a couple of young middle 6 LW

Trade #3

To Vancouver: Keller, Frost, Risto

To Philly: Miller, Myers

Canucks get a top 6 LW who fits their core's timeline, a young C prospect who might benefit from a change of a scenery, while also clearing Myers' long term contract. Risto gives them a veteran RD to replace Myers for the rest of the season

Philly add an all-star calibre LW, and a veteran RD to help further solidify their 2nd pairing

Philly's post-trades lineup:

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Miller - Hayes - Farabee
Crouse - Laughton - Atkinson

Provorov - Ellis
Chychrun - Myers
Scandella - Braun

Giroux's 8 million cap hit comes off the books this summer, so even if he's re-signed for say, 3 years at 5 million per, that creates the cap space needed to give Crouse a raise to 3 million, and re-sign Miller to an extension at approx. 7 million per

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Maybe the Flyers players can just switch jerseys with the Canucks players. Biggest trade ever.
Funny you mention that, according to Pocklington that almost happened with the Oilers/Leafs. They'd keep their jerseys but change cities.
New book about Peter Pocklington says NHL's Oilers-Tor almost swapped cities
"Harold phoned me and said, 'Would you consider moving to Toronto with your team and I'll move to Edmonton with mine, and I'll need $50 million," Pocklington told The Canadian Press when reached Sunday at his Palm Desert, Calif., home.
"So I thought about it and said, 'Yes Harold, I'll go for that."'

Reactions: BAdvocate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad