Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The Sabres blow it again. Sorry guys, #8 Cale Makar.

Cale-Makar.jpg

Last edited:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
With the 9th pick in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft, the :wings are proud to select from Timra

Elias Pettersson

Pettersson.jpg

PMing next GM

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Arizona and Buffalo would luck out so much if at 7/8 they got the top 2 d-men in the draft, a need for both. I think Arizona has the better chance to snag one, likely Makar. And hopefully Buffalo gets screwed.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
With the 12th pick in the 2017 Fake Draft, the Quebec Hurricanes are proud to select

Cody Glass, center, Portland Winterhawks

cody-glass-chl.jpg

I PM'd Appleyard

Glass at 12 is a steal!

If the Flyers stayed at 13 and Glass went at 12, i'd be homicidal :laugh:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I had a really hard time deciding on who I wanted more between him and Necas.

Rightly so. He's been rising big time lately. Two guys that we would have been lucky to nab at 13.

I'll settle for 2nd overall though :yo:

Last edited:

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Glass at 12 is a steal!

If the Flyers stayed at 13 and Glass went at 12, i'd be homicidal :laugh:

You're homicidal to begin with :laugh:

But that is an incredible steal. I'd be right pissed too. Especially Carolina who is set everywhere else and looks to be long-term competitors with us. I read the other day here (idk if true) that Glass's dad is supposedly 6'7" and his brother 6'4", so maybe he's not even done growing at 6'2". Who knows. Just by the look of him he is so young physically.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You're homicidal to begin with :laugh:

But that is an incredible steal. I'd be right pissed too. Especially Carolina who is set everywhere else and looks to be long-term competitors with us. I read the other day here (idk if true) that Glass's dad is supposedly 6'7" and his brother 6'4", so maybe he's not even done growing at 6'2". Who knows. Just by the look of him he is so young physically.

You're not wrong :laugh:

Glass at 6'4 could be the next Getzlaf :amazed:

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Glass at 6'4 could be the next Getzlaf :amazed:

Maybe if he gained 50 pounds too! Getzlaf is a big dude. Glass might not be pre-pubescent like Pettersson, but he's rail thin. His 180lbs listing might even be generous. I saw him listed elsewhere at 170lbs. It's hard to see him weighing more than Hischier. Or maybe he just hides it well. His physical development is going to be long-term, with or without another inch or two. Gets compared to Johansen a lot, who was also raw, but he was 192lbs at the draft. Scheifele too, and he was actually a similar weight his draft year. But Glass just looks a lot younger and thinner than either did. If he fills out his potential is just so high. If we were in the 3rd spot, ignoring a defenseman, it might be between him and Vilardi for me.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I won't take Yamamoto because it's not realistic at 14.

Actually don't know who to take with the Lightning just thinking about it now. They're not a great 1st round drafting team besides the can't-miss picks. They really have no set player "type" either. And their team needs aren't exactly clear, though I think they would err defense. If we did trade downs, I would do that because I could see it happening, where I'd feel more comfortable selecting one of two d-men in mind.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
I won't take Yamamoto because it's not realistic at 14.

Actually don't know who to take with the Lightning just thinking about it now. They're not a great 1st round drafting team besides the can't-miss picks. They really have no set player "type" either. And their team needs aren't exactly clear, though I think they would err defense. If we did trade downs, I would do that because I could see it happening, where I'd feel more comfortable selecting one of two d-men in mind.

Oooh, I gotcha. Mindgames it is. Can't have Appleyard preempt your sneaky plan.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Oooh, I gotcha. Mindgames it is. Can't have Appleyard preempt your sneaky plan.

We all know he's taking Lias Andersson! :laugh:

........maybe. It'd be a great fit for the Jets anyway, who could use a future 2-way 2C/W with the Little/Wheeler situation up in the air, though they need defense too. I think we'd be on the same page that value at 13 isn't great for a d-man, though Liljegren is a wild card who could be there and a team could be high on (but he's taken in this draft).

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Are we supposed to be taking who we think the team will actually take, or who we would take if we were their GM?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Are we supposed to be taking who we think the team will actually take, or who we would take if we were their GM?

You are the GM.

For the Coyotes, Heiskanen was not only a need thing, but also a BPA thing. I've seen a number of people pretty convinced that the Stars will take him at #3, and I can't say I didn't currently have him at 3, so to get him at 7, not much thought put into it. Coyotes also haven't drafted well at defense before Chayka.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
Prince Edward Island
Great pace yesterday! We`ll have to keep it up to finish the 4 rounds before the actual draft though.

I messaged Appleyard on twitter to see if he can pick. he`s on vacation and I would hate to autopick for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad