Proposal: Florida-Philly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Huberdeau + trochek for provorov + Rubstov

Flyers have their 1D in sanheim and adding a young star winger would help greatly. Trochek would be a decent middle 6player And that he was playing over his head in Florida but he can do better in Philly. They give up a lot of the future but still get great young players to help them push for a cup sooner.

Florida does this because Huberdeau is going to demand a lot next summer and adding provorov will solidify their future defense core. Rubstov is a great prospect that will benefit being in a smaller market.

Thoughts?

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Lmao...ugh no. Tro just signed a long deal and Hubs will be signed to a fair deal like the rest. No chance either player is going anywhere, dunno why you thought to ask? Especially for Tro. And he's so better in Philly why??

And yes, everyone wants Barkov. Love that he's a Panther.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Huberdeau + trochek for provorov + Rubstov

Flyers have their 1D in sanheim and adding a young star winger would help greatly. Trochek would be a decent middle 6player And that he was playing over his head in Florida but he can do better in Philly. They give up a lot of the future but still get great young players to help them push for a cup sooner.

Florida does this because Huberdeau is going to demand a lot next summer and adding provorov will solidify their future defense core. Rubstov is a great prospect that will benefit being in a smaller market.

Thoughts?

I love how these kids coming out of junior get overrated so heavily by their fan bases. Provorov is the next Lidstrom is the vibe I get from these forums sometimes. Let's let the kid play one game in the pro's before you start asking for two established top 6 nhl players.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Philly doesn't have any real #1 Dman yet. And keeping Provy heavily increases the chances that we fill that need.

Philly gets better short term in value, but needs to fix the defense more than adding forwards. If Sanheim was another year into his development, it would be clearer what kind of Dman he ends up as.

And for Florida, they are finally getting good. No need to trade core players for prospects.

Not to mention, this deal can't be done due to cap reasons.

I would love the Flyers forwards after this especially if Konecny made the team:

Hubs Giroux Simmonds
Schenn Couts Voracek
Konecny Trochek Weise
Raffl Gordon Read

Unfortunately, we still have this for D:

MDZ Gudas
AMac Ghost
Manning Streit
Schultz

Oh...and need to cut approx 8 million in salary.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
In the completely unlikely scenario that either of Provorov or Sanheim are traded, it's not going to be Provorov.

That said, neither are available.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Easy pass from the Panthers POV. Provo is a nice shiny toy but I'm confident with Yandle and Matheson on the left side for the time being. We are trying to contend and trading our #1LW and #2C isn't a smart decision at all.

Dangle Simmonds and we may have something to talk about with regards to Huberdeau or Trocheck.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I love how these kids coming out of junior get overrated so heavily by their fan bases. Provorov is the next Lidstrom is the vibe I get from these forums sometimes. Let's let the kid play one game in the pro's before you start asking for two established top 6 nhl players.

Fwiw, the OP is not a a Flyers fan. The value clearly favours Philly, but as I said, we need a #1 Dman more than a LW or C.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Not in a million years. Why would Florida deal to great NHL players for a great prospect and a decent prospect? You are so off value here. Would deal either alone for that package.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Philly doesn't have any real #1 Dman yet. And keeping Provy heavily increases the chances that we fill that need.

Philly gets better short term in value, but needs to fix the defense more than adding forwards. If Sanheim was another year into his development, it would be clearer what kind of Dman he ends up as.

And for Florida, they are finally getting good. No need to trade core players for prospects.

Not to mention, this deal can't be done due to cap reasons.

I would love the Flyers forwards after this especially if Konecny made the team:

Hubs Giroux Simmonds
Schenn Couts Voracek
Konecny Trochek Weise
Raffl Gordon Read

Unfortunately, we still have this for D:

MDZ Gudas
AMac Ghost
Manning Streit
Schultz

Oh...and need to cut approx 8 million in salary.

Easy fix. you trade some top offensive guys, lets say Huberdeau, for a great defensive prospect, lets say Ivan Provorov. Oh wait...

Neither side should consider this IMO

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Not a starter for a deal here, but who do Flyers fans like better

Huberdeau vs. Schenn? And why?

Also Trocheck would definently play 2C over Couts.

Also where do you guys see Ghosts ceiling, I am kind of surprised no one thinks he could be a #1, or #2. Expecting the soph slump?

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
All good players incolved. Having said that I believe the prospects for the flyers have higher ceilings. But that's the trade off fe proven young players.

Either way flyers pass on trading a potential #1 D man. Florida passes because they're in a position to contend anyday now. It's all about team needs here and both teams prefer to keep what they have.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Why would Florida want to trade 2 of their top 6 forwards when the Panthers are loading up their roster for a deep playoff run.

Florida is making a push to win it all now, the only other move the panthers might have an interest in is at the trade deadline for a cheapie veteran depth defensemen. (Schultz maybe for a draft pick.)

And, why would Philadelphia want to trade their #1 defensive prospect and one of their top centre prospects while the Flyers are still letting their other prospects develop for a run at the cup in 2 or 3 years from now.

Philadelphia is being patient building through the draft, and still putting pieces together for the future.

This proposal doesn't make sense at this time, down the line it might, but at this time I'd say both teams would decline this offer.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Worst trade offer ever

this one is bad, but the kessel for Barkov and a 1st were the worst.

Dumb trade offer that doesn't benefit the panthers current roster at all. Lock it up and move on

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
All good players incolved. Having said that I believe the prospects for the flyers have higher ceilings. But that's the trade off fe proven young players.

Either way flyers pass on trading a potential #1 D man. Florida passes because they're in a position to contend anyday now. It's all about team needs here and both teams prefer to keep what they have.
Yes, they all have higher ceilings before they play in the NHL.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

He wouldn't get more ES ice time than Couturier who is our best defensive player and best possession player.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013

Also where do you guys see Ghosts ceiling, I am kind of surprised no one thinks he could be a #1, or #2. Expecting the soph slump?

Huberdeau over Schenn, for sure.

Nah, I'd much prefer Couturier at 2C. Trocheck seems like a good 2C, but Couturier is excellent. Arguably the most valuable player on the Flyers.

After last season, it seems likely that Gostisbehere will be the best of the bunch of the D prospects. He's already the best D on the team, though I suppose that's not saying much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad