Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
Canadian franchise ranks by 2023 revenue:

#1: Toronto
#2: Edmonton
#5: Montreal
#15: Vancouver
#21: Calgary
#26: Winnipeg
#31: Ottawa

Three pay into revenue sharing, four most likely receive revenue sharing. What a juggernaut.

But yeah, it's only Canadian teams that dispense funds among the league and positively impact the NHL's bottom line.

Last edited:
Reactions: bdub24

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It's rather annoying when some people especially the O6 teams and Canadian teams throw the smaller market or warmer climate teams under the bus or say they are not a real hockey market.

I've been to Anaheim and Tampa games, and those fans were more passionate than when I was at MSG for the Rangers.

It was also nice paying like half the price for a ticket.

It's weird. You'll see some complain about ticket prices and how the fans are priced out to corporate ticket holders
Then you'll see some complain that hockey doesn't belong in the south cause the tickets are SO much cheaper here.

Of course Florida won't have as many fans as Canadian teams since they don't have the history of Canadian NHL teams and because hockey is not the majority sport in the US. I hope this win will bring more kids to play hockey in Southern Florida. Who knows how much interest the team will have during the next couple years because of this success. The cup is excellent news for Southern Florida.

Well, the ownership is definitely doing their part in Broward County. The War Memorial rink(s) are awesome. Day after the game tons of kids were out in the public rink skating around.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's weird. You'll see some complain about ticket prices and how the fans are priced out to corporate ticket holders
Then you'll see some complain that hockey doesn't belong in the south cause the tickets are SO much cheaper here.
As a Rangers and Ducks fan, I have had the experience of both. One is not better than the other, it's just different. Hockey in NYC is great, walking on the strip, go to a nice restaurant, take in the sites, but when I am able to sit outside of the Honda Center at the Biergarten deck, sitting next to a fire pit and drink a local craft beer, while looking at the mountains in the distant skyline, it's also special.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
It's rather annoying when some people especially the O6 teams and Canadian teams throw the smaller market or warmer climate teams under the bus or say they are not a real hockey market.

I've been to Anaheim and Tampa games, and those fans were more passionate than when I was at MSG for the Rangers.

It was also nice paying like half the price for a ticket.
Thats legacy snobbery. You see it in all sports. When a big market team loses or stinks, they fall back on the big population base and 100 years in the league statistics to prove they are a more deserving city than a smaller or newer team.

For hockey, you see it all the time. US cities dont deserve the cup because Americans only care about football, nascar or monster truck rallies kind of vibe. Too low brow to appreciate ice hockey like Canadians.

It's like that TV ad where they joke around asking Americans on the street..... "what is icing or can you name an NHL team?" And the guy on the street has a funny answer. Trying to make it look like they are dumbasses who dont care or appreciate the game. I forget which company does that ad.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
As a Rangers and Ducks fan, I have had the experience of both. One is not better than the other, it's just different. Hockey in NYC is great, walking on the strip, go to a nice restaurant, take in the sites, but when I am able to sit outside of the Honda Center at the Biergarten deck, sitting next to a fire pit and drink a local craft beer, while looking at the mountains in the distant skyline, it's also special.

Pfff…that’s nothing compared to sitting outside of Amerant Bank Arena, seeing the lovely swampland on the horizon, and getting killed by mosquitoes.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Thats legacy snobbery. You see it in all sports. When a big market team loses or stinks, they fall back on the big population base and 100 years in the league statistics to prove they are a more deserving city than a smaller or newer team.

For hockey, you see it all the time. US cities dont deserve the cup because Americans only care about football, nascar or monster truck rallies kind of vibe. Too low brow to appreciate ice hockey like Canadians.

It's like that TV ad where they joke around asking Americans on the street..... "what is icing or can you name an NHL team?" And the guy on the street has a funny answer. Trying to make it look like they are dumbasses who dont care or appreciate the game. I forget which company does that ad.

It’s condescending. Like what makes the fans of the Oilers better fans than us Panthers fans? Because there is more? And? It’s not the number of fans a team has, it’s the dedication the die hards have for their team. And given all the shit the Panthers have done to the fans for a good portion of the teams existence, you will not find a more dedicated fan base. Maybe teams have a larger fan base, but not more dedicated.

Meanwhile, teams in the south are Cup generators. But don’t worry, maybe a few more 1st overalls and yall can get there too

Nah, they’ll screw them up too, where they’ll leave for another team, or bust them out of the league.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Edmonton is a relatively small hockey market though. Hell this is how much effort local media puts into hockey

IMG_2208.jpeg

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
In all fairness it was good to see Edmonton put up a fight, after the first 3 games it looked like they were going to fold like a cheap beach chair. Had some great individual stat lines and a relatively injury free post season, next year needs to be another big year for them.

This is me what me and @Three On Zero think we are.

View attachment 888185

But in reality, this is actually us

You picked the wrong side to copy :shakehead

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
In all fairness it was good to see Edmonton put up a fight, after the first 3 games it looked like they were going to fold like a cheap beach chair. Had some great individual stat lines and a relatively injury free post season, next year needs to be another big year for them.
Wow all of a sudden we're not shitposting?

Ok fine.

I don't have any ill will towards any of the teams the Oilers played.
I'm happy that LA got rid of PLD and I respect their team, play hard and I think they would be better without the tarp.
I don't hate the current Canucks core, I've said this many times before. They are ratless. They play a clean fast game and I see good things for them.
What can I say about Dallas? Always a strong contender, somehow they got outgoalied by Skinner and fell victim to our crazy PK, but no way they don't keep making noise every year.
And of course Florida, a team I've wanted to hoist a cup since Beezer was in net in 96. Super happy for the fans and the players. Cheered for them hard last year and easily would have been on their bandwagon this year if the Oil didn't make it to the final.
You picked the wrong side to copy :shakehead
No I didn't.

grin-evil.gif

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
You feeling ok???

• Haha
Reactions: Coffey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad