Post-Series Talk: Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Fam, a true General is on the front lines fighting in the shade and limelight, not hiding behind the foot soldiers outside of arrow range in the locker room acting all depressed. He would be the one taking it on the chin and and focusing all the media attention on himself and less on everyone else. That is a true hero, like Matthew Tzuchuk.
Haven’t seen his name spelled that way before.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Regardless of who you're a fan of, I think we can all agree that Panthers winning was the worse outcome for the hockey world.

Stopped what would have been arguably the greatest comeback/chokejob in the sports history, and kept the 30+ year cupless Canada streak going.

Congrats to the Panthers fans enjoying this win, but it pales in comparison to an entire nation celebrating.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Regardless of who you're a fan of, I think we can all agree that Panthers winning was the worse outcome for the hockey world.

Stopped what would have been arguably the greatest comeback/chokejob in the sports history, and kept the 30+ year cupless Canada streak going.

Congrats to the Panthers fans enjoying this win, but it pales in comparison to an entire nation celebrating.
Panthers winning was the best outcome of the finals, not the worst.

Florida is going to draw just as much attention to winning the cup as Edmonton would have.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Congrats to the Panthers and their fans. A long time coming for their hard core fans who’ve stuck with the team through the lean years. They’ve played a lot of hockey over the last two years and to fight through it all and show the kind of resiliency they did in the most important moment against a tough opponent, you have to tip your hat to them.

As an Oilers fan, it’s a tough to come that close again and just come up short but I can’t help but be extremely proud of the team and what they accomplished this season and in the fashion they did it. Hopefully the boys get some well deserved rest and the fire burns stronger because they’ll be able to keep the roster intact and run it back next year.

Congrats again Cats fans on an entertaining roller coaster series and a big win.
I have to think McDavid wins it at some point. They need to part ways with Holland and bring in a new GM.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio

Lol, from what I saw, about 60% of Canadian hockey fans were rooting against the Oilers because they hate the Oilers and/or want their Canadian team to be the one to end the drought. So the whole nation was not cheering for them

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
kept the 30+ year cupless Canada streak going.

Nah.

Ahhh...no. We cannot agree.

tabness

will play for 4 million 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014

there were a few Panthers fans with the same schitck in the game threads and some were so over the topic it was obvious joking but the sad thing is i didnt pick up on you initially even though you literally have a baby panther as your profile pic lol im so dumb

Reactions: bdub24

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Just watched it again for the 3rd time. Still the same excitement watching the guys in Panther sweaters skate the Cup around the rink at our arena…it’s amazing.

Oh, and f*** the haters. The Cup loves this state!

Edit, that said, if you hate on the Cats, whatever fly a kite. If you’re cool and your team hasn’t won ever or for a long time…I hope you get to experience this in your lifetime. Full sincerity, it’s amazing. Fans should get to watch their guys with the Cup.

Last edited:

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine

Reactions: bdub24 and Laus723

Nogatco Rd

Translator spent all my HF cash
Apr 3, 2021

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
1000000111.jpg

Reactions: bdub24

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

This is almost condescending to Canadians to think that anyone outside of Edmonton/Alberta would have placed so much emphasis on a Canadian-based team winning when it is clear that Canadians still dominate the league overall. Playing a US team doesn't change this.

The vast majority of other fans could care less who wins once their team is out.

Also, if it was important to the "hockey world" that a Canadian team win, then would have seen the NHL put teams in Quebec City and the GTA a long time ago. Instead, the NHL is trying to tap into the Mormon market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad