Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
I am happy to see all the arrogance now getting to face humility. Cats seemed to take their good ol time showing up for the closeout game, but in a way it made it better for those who needed to be humbled. There are never guarantees in sports, and the chance to win it all only comes around once in a while. Congrats to the cats and their fans for getting it done.
Humble pie was served for sure.

Reactions: Szechwan and dhfa

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Wiki says he was born in Finland. He holds dual citizenship… so you’re kinda correct I guess…
His dad is Russian
Vegas's barn is literally on the strip, LA's is similarly accessible. They're *in* their city proper. Sunrise isn't *in* Miami.

My sister and her family used to live in Miami, so I got us tickets for a game for Christmas a few years back. As the crow flies, it's not that far away, but the traffic is legit a nightmare and the public transport there, to my knowledge, isn't great. It was a Saturday game at 7 and we - three adults, two preteens - were still in a rush to get concessions before puck drop leaving their place around 4.

I can stay on the other side of Pittsburgh and start getting ready at 4 and comfortably watch warmup.

In Denver, Calgary, and Edmonton (I live in Montana), there are also places to stay and eat within walking distance. The amenities around Amerant aren't all that exciting, comparatively, or walkable.

The logistics just aren't great.
kind of sounds like Ottawa.

Didn’t realize the commute was so bad. That’s unfortunate

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
IMG_4897.jpeg
IMG_4875.jpeg
IMG_4870.jpeg

Amazing day. Watched the guys celebrate, shook several of their hands, got my Championship shirt.

Unbelievable. 14-20 years ago, I had no idea how far off and how bad ownership was. Fast forward to Zito and the job he’s done…not sure it’s full hit me yet.

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
Congrats to Florida, the better team when it mattered most. Disappointed, but proud of the Oilers team that fought well for four full series and would not have been undeserved winners if they'd found another goal or two in game 7.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Vegas's barn is literally on the strip, LA's is similarly accessible. They're *in* their city proper. Sunrise isn't *in* Miami.

My sister and her family used to live in Miami, so I got us tickets for a game for Christmas a few years back. As the crow flies, it's not that far away, but the traffic is legit a nightmare and the public transport there, to my knowledge, isn't great. It was a Saturday game at 7 and we - three adults, two preteens - were still in a rush to get concessions before puck drop leaving their place around 4.

I can stay on the other side of Pittsburgh and start getting ready at 4 and comfortably watch warmup.

In Denver, Calgary, and Edmonton (I live in Montana), there are also places to stay and eat within walking distance. The amenities around Amerant aren't all that exciting, comparatively, or walkable.

The logistics just aren't great.
(For me) I love them in Sunrise. I’m in Brevard (Cocoa Beach) county. Go to 10 or so games a year (12 this season) the moved knocked more than an hour off my trip on weeknights.
I also have to think this place makes the draw from palm beach county much higher.
The Panthers are growing a very large fan base.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
How did Barkov shut down McDavid when he put up 11 points to Barkovs 5? Or when Barkov was -1 overall in the playoffs and finals?

McDavid definitely had a better playoff run than Barkov and was 100% deserving of the smythe.

If you wanted to say only a player on the winning team should be eligible to win the Smythe, I wouldnt argue too strongly and agree with Barkov. But as it is - McDavid was definitely the right choice.
Everybody has forgotten that Barkov was the best player on the ice until he got elbowed in the head.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
(For me) I love them in Sunrise. I’m in Brevard (Cocoa Beach) county. Go to 10 or so games a year (12 this season) the moved knocked more than an hour off my trip on weeknights.
I also have to think this place makes the draw from palm beach county much higher.
The Panthers are growing a very large fan base.

From the north it's not bad, just got some good choke points such as Turnpike/Sawgrass and Sawgrass/Oakland Park.
Prefer Sunrise over anywhere in Miami
Outside of the mad max drivers, the drive is alright

Reactions: Ratsreign

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Makes more sense to stay in Ft. Lauderdale, where there's plenty to do and it's 30 minutes at worst.

Across the street from Amerant Arena is the Sawgrass Mills Mall, the 11th largest shopping mall in the USA. At one point I read that it was the 2nd most visited tourist attraction in Florida after Disney World (but more than Universal), but I can't find that now. It has some very good restaurants. Very many people park there and walk to the game (as opposed to paying $40 during the regular season and $100 during the playoffs).
The Yotes' old barn had a similar setup. They also have a lot more fans than they're given credit for most of the time here, they're also very passionate.

Most of the people taking advantage of Sawgrass pre-gaming during the week aren't working their regular job in the area. They're visitors of some flavor, regardless of their rooting interest.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Any update on Florida injuries? For the physical series that Edmonton had to play throughout they came out pretty unscathed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad