Post-Series Talk: Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Luck and injuries play a part of course

I'm pretty happy we were able to go 7 with a 3rd stringer with 10 games experience. Really shows how shit the oilers were that they need 7 games

Oilers had everything go their favor this playoffs and they still couldn't get it done

Must be demoralizing for the fans

I bet you could make a pretty mean sweater if you directed all this mumbling madness into something like knitting.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
We need to talk about Kulikov doing a contortion act to save a goal Cats scored 10 seconds later.

It was inevitable that the Panthers needed #7 to win the Cup. So happy for him. It's got to be a fever dream at this point. I think he was on like five teams in four years at one point before Bill Zito finally realized he needed one more great Panthers draft pick to get us over the top.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
While not really happy that OEL raised the cup while Vancouver is still paying for his buyout, the best team won, well deserved Cats. Always nice to see a new team win the cup.

Reactions: Dust

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Didn't get to watch the game, but not a surprising outcome. Elite teams and elite talents find a way to get it done when it matters most. Panthers have it, Oilers don't.

Nice try though. Maybe in a few years they'll get another run at it and find that next level to bring it home. Unfortunately, it's often the case that teams of this caliber never get another crack at it.

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
This one hurts, man. When Janitor scored to make it 1-1 I said to myself this isn't gonna be the same game as 2006.... had to turn the game off with 7 minutes left. It just felt hopeless, Florida was the better team tonight.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
These are fair points. I admittedly don’t know enough about their depth / cap situation but you’ve raised some good points

I’ve been told by some friends who are oiler fans that as long as their core sticks together, and they stick to their new structure, they’ll be a strong contender again

they just have to sort this offseason out because there’s uncertainty about Draisatl re signing, again at least from what I’ve been told.

I strongly believe Draisaitl resigns but i dont think just their core guys is enough for them to win the cup. Many things have to go right for a team to reach the finals and while the Oilers will definitely continue to be a contender i dont think they will win if they don’t surround their core with the correct pieces . The management did that this year but they fell just short .

However their biggest asset for sure is their coaching staff . They are top notch in that category in that they as Mcdavid said breakdown teams PK’s and systems and watch tape and are able to dissect teams and their weaknesses . They are phenomenal in that aspect i gotta hand it to them . And also Skinner is developing into a true #1 idk why their fans shet on the guy so hard . So they have some strong suits that will help them continue to be a perrenial contender but i think they surrounded their top guys with the correct pieces this year but their cap space being limited is going to hold them back from being able to do so again

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Loved seeing the Cats win their first, especially Lu lifting it, that was as close to a Ray Bourque moment as we'll probably get as Nucks fans.

Oilers have nothing to be ashamed about, being down to rock bottom in November and clawing to Game 7 of the SCF is just short of legendary. (Made my humble prediction that they would turn their season around with the SJ loss but never imagined this)

Reactions: MaWa, Dust and snag

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Hats of to the Oilers for bringing it and making this such an entertaining & wild finals! Unbelievable playoffs from McDavid, Draisaitl, Bouchard, Hyman. Some special players on the Oilers. Congratulations to the Panthers! Much deserved win, would’ve been devastating to lose 2 consecutive finals

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I strongly believe Draisaitl resigns but i dont think just their core guys is enough for them to win the cup. Many things have to go right for a team to reach the finals and while the Oilers will definitely continue to be a contender i dont think they will win if they don’t surround their core with the correct pieces . The management did that this year but they fell just short .

However their biggest asset for sure is their coaching staff . They are top notch in that category in that they as Mcdavid said breakdown teams PK’s and systems and watch tape and are able to dissect teams and their weaknesses . They are phenomenal in that aspect i gotta hand it to them . And also Skinner is developing into a true #1 idk why their fans shet on the guy so hard . So they have some strong suits that will help them continue to be a perrenial contender but i think they surrounded their top guys with the correct pieces this year but their cap space being limited is going to hold them back from being able to do so again

I personally haven't and had to remind people many times....he was a Calder finalist last year. This was only his 2nd year with the big club. His intended role at this time was supposed to be the backup. That said....a shit load of people OUTSIDE the Oilers fanbase was dumping on him hardcore. Equal to if not more so.

Also, Edmonton is a VERY passionate fanbase and the team is in a fishbowl.

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
radiobroadcaster goes wild

1719298228807.png

Since when did bill from king of the hill work for Florida panthers radio ?

• Haha
Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Pure elation watching Florida win the cup ! Seeing Sam, Chucky and Lombo raise the cup was awesome, hell even watching old archnemesis Luongo raise the cup with such passion was great !

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Congradulations to Panther fans!

Head held up high Edmonton fans, it was a great series you fought till the end. It stings losing a game 7 but life goes on, you’ll have another chance next year. See you in the pacific division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad