Post-Series Talk: Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Two patsies and a Rangers team that didn't even try to win.

But in the grand scheme of things all of that is irrelevant because you can only play who's in front of you. It's just annoying that because the Oilers beat these teams suddenly they aren't very good. Dallas especially.
When did I say Florida had a 10x easier road or that Dallas is a bad team?

Just saying it's an easier road.

You are making subjective comments that Florida's opponents are some reason meh, including Rangers trying to brush them off? LOL.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Question........
The champions Hat? is that fanatics who made them or 3rd party?

I can't tell
Those things look like somebody spent all of 10 seconds designing them

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
KYMXE1.gif

Reactions: Ugene Magic

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
that 2011 Boston team would've to quote a famous Oiler "dusted" this McLotto led team.

the Canucks had like 4 healthy players and a suspended defenceman.
At the end of the day you still choked hard and lost despite your awesome superteam. Funny enough ol' Timmy lost to the vaunted Caps the next year.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I would love to have a generational player to lose with. Might feel a little better.

Does it?
I dunno, I don't feel all that bad.

You guys would've been killed by that bruins team in 4 games

Our team was decimated by injuries by the end of it

What were the oilers top guys excuses this game
Awwwwww... That's too bad! Guess excuses only work for one team, eh?

Reactions: 5Hollywood5

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Congrats Florida fans. Was one hell of a series and doesn't get any closer than that. Don't love the goal Skinner gave up on the game winner, felt it was very weak, but Florida buckled down and shut things down in crucial moments. Oilers had a couple flurries a few when Bob was down and out, and the boys got in lanes to block shots to bail him out, and really just played a very good game overall. Enjoy the win, was a hell of a ride as an Oilers fan and despite losing that was a very fun final to watch.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
With the way TSN and Sportsnet covered playoffs and daily recaps, you'd think Oilers already won the cup before playing game 1 against LA. They some reason all rode the Oilers bandwagon all playoffs.

McDavid was buying beers and drinks for the team, partying at his house after the Dallas series, thinking they won Lord Stanley...lesson learned.

• Haha
Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I would if my generational player goes down as McGhost.

Where did I make excuses?
The oilers don't have any excuses. They just weren't good enough and was only here on incredible luck.

They blew their shot
Poor Canucks, you'll win one someday. At least when Gary decides to retire. You'll always be Alberta's little brother!

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Florida radio broadcaster goes wild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad