Florida has taken diving to a new level

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
I don’t think they’re diving but they’re exaggerating a bit.

Bennett crawled off the ice then came out absolutely flying 30 seconds later, I mean it’s kind of comical how fast he was skating

luostarinen looked to me like it could have been a charlie horse, that was a bad call on the major though. Barkovs was legit I don’t see how that could be criticized

Talonted

Dec 9, 2010
They go by the motto that 60% of the time it works every time and also inject a cologne by Odion that is illegal in 9 countries as it doesn’t show up on drug tests but is formidable and pungent and kinda stings the nostrils.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
this right here is why nobody likes the Oilers
Ahh so everyone gets to accuse the Oilers of diving but not the Panthers? They "play the right way" of course. The Panthers are playing up the theatrics of hits for sure.

I'll say I've noticed some embellishments by Oilers this playoffs but it's not as bad as Oiler haters say. In this Panthers series it is noteworthy as one of these little drama jobs got a player kicked out of a game in the first part of the first period. It's affected the series.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I don’t think they’re diving but they’re exaggerating a bit.

Bennett crawled off the ice then came out absolutely flying 30 seconds later, I mean it’s kind of comical how fast he was skating

luostarinen looked to me like it could have been a charlie horse, that was a bad call on the major though. Barkovs was legit I don’t see how that could be criticized
Pretty good assessment.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Or maybe it's not diving.

People often see perfectly natural reactions as diving. Look, ice is hard. Falling hurts, even with equipment. It's not like grass. People don't dive for fun. Not only that, but if you're losing your balance and trying to regain it, you can look like you're embellishing when you're actually trying to stay upright.

Not only that, but snapping yourself back is a natural reaction, even if you don't really get hurt. For example, when I'm walking and am stepping into something, I'll kick my leg back and stumble or fall down, even if the impact wasn't enough to do so. It's a reflex.

You can't even tell whether you're hurt before you do that. It happens before that registers. Reflexes aren't conscious.

Now, it's of course possible that there's some diving, but I feel like the vast majority of the time, people just don't understand what it's like to have a stick approach your face. Your reflex is to dodge it, and you might fall down doing that. It's not diving, it's normal. You don't want to risk actually getting hit by it.

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
You're forgetting Ekblad down the tunnel as well hobbling off and back two minutes later. There's something really wrong with these guys. Bennett is shot out of a cannon literally 60 seconds later on the back half of the powerplay after crawling off the ice. Give me a f***ing break.

Reactions: nturn06

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
To many across NHL do this now, not just Panthers. Diving was starting to get bad in NHL not long ago, like soccer is riddled with. NHL gotta ahead of it, and was calling more dives/embellishment to prevent bush-league from taking root.

If diving is on the upswing = NHL will have to be aggressive before players get conditioned into thinking they'll be rewarded for theses tactics. Must imply "Zero Tolerance" when it comes to anything that looks like embellishment. This is method/rule NHL has to use: Players have to think.... "I've got make a play here and go hard" -vs- "Lets me try to get an easy PP opportunity". If any given league doesn't do this, one ends up with players attempting to be actors, more so than athletes. Like soccer!! NHL game/series management, favoritism, etc. has made NHL tough to watch at times. Game/Series managament + consent bush-league tactics = Unwatchable mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad