Flint Firebirds 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
LWCRW
Connor Clattenburg - 05 - 60 GP - 29 PKaden Pitre 06 - 35 GP - 30 PEvan Konyen *04* - 55 GP - 48 P
Nathan Aspinall 06 - 65 GP - 34 PJimmy Lombardi 07 - 62 GP - 20 PChristopher Thibodeau 05 - 68 GP 60 P
Matthew Wang 05 - 61 GP - 11 PXavier Tessier - 08 Rookie - 2nd roundAlex Kostov 06 - 66 GP - 26 P
Jeremy Martin 07 - 64 GP - 14 PMax Anderson - 07 - 18 GP - 0 PCole Zurawski - 08 Rookie - 1st round
Ryland Cunningham - 08 - Rookie - 2nd roundKarlis Flugins - Import
Joushua Colosimo - 06 - Rookie
LDGRD
Urban Podrekar 05 - 62 GP - 22 PNathan Day 05Matthew Mania 05 - 45 GP - 23 P
Blake Smith *04* - 65 GP - 13 P Jacob Brown 06Nolan Collins *04* - 65 GP - 26 P
Artyom Frolov 07 - 67 GP - 12 PRylan Fellinger 07 - 58 GP - 4 P
Christian Colosimo 08 - Rookie - 4th roundJack D'Arcy 07 - 4 GP - 0 P

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Long season, but he had a good opening weekend.
He did. I was most impressed by Thibodeau, Collins and Frolov as far as the new kids go.

Well that's a boneheaded move.
Yup. He’s too valuable to the team and part of the leadership group now. He’ll have to show better composure and decision making going forward. Next game vs a Kitchener that just got whooped by Windsor. They will come out ready and flying.

Gumdrop

Sep 30, 2024
Michigan
I like these a lot. Really nice!

I like how they kept the it a solid color under the arms and sleeves. Ive never liked that with the Firebird jerseys. I'd use this template on the home and away jerseys too honestly.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Obviously need to see more but decent debut from Podrekar. Konyen getting it done again. I really like Thibodeau so far too. Speed to burn, hustles his ass off and back checks too. Does well to distribute pucks and has had his own chances too. I’m not sure if he just needs time to gel with his linemates or if a different center/LW would suit him better but if him and the staff can figure it out, he’s gonna go off this year. Outside of one really, really rough shift I was once again impressed with Frolov too. Collins has been more impressive than I expected and Mania needs to step up a bit. They need him to help drive the offense and be smart with the puck. With the Bertucci trade, he’s gotta be one of if the not thee guy on the backend. Nice to see Day find his form tonight.

I like these a lot. Really nice!

I like how they kept the it a solid color under the arms and sleeves. Ive never liked that with the Firebird jerseys. I'd use this template on the home and away jerseys too honestly.
Agreed. I don’t like the cut of the jerseys and I think there’s a seam down the underside of the arms too. I don’t think I’d like playing in those jersey’s much.

Reactions: Gumdrop and MJ5

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Thibodeau with 7 pts in 4 games so far. Knew he would light it up with you guys. Last 2 years he was towards the top in scoring with the fronts

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Thibodeau with 7 pts in 4 games so far. Knew he would light it up with you guys. Last 2 years he was towards the top in scoring with the fronts
I haven’t seen any issues with him yet and don’t see what some of the Fronts fans were complaining about. He seems to get along with his teammates well. Kid hustles his ass off. Once again tonight, he gets a breakaway and still he’s the first kid back. He distributes the puck well, he and his linemates just aren’t fully clicking where they’re finishing the chances he gives them yet. Same with him, he could convert a little more on his opportunities but I have no complaints with his production or effort. I expect as the season goes on those chances will end up in the back of the net more frequently.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I haven’t seen any issues with him yet and don’t see what some of the Fronts fans were complaining about.
From my understanding I believe it was his dad and maybe things behind the scenes but I don’t know enough about it to really talk about. One thing for sure though- he can definitely put the points up.
He seems to get along with his teammates well. Kid hustles his ass off. Once again tonight, he gets a breakaway and still he’s the first kid back. He distributes the puck well, he and his linemates just aren’t fully clicking where they’re finishing the chances he gives them yet. Same with him, he could convert a little more on his opportunities but I have no complaints with his production or effort. I expect as the season goes on those chances will end up in the back of the net more frequently.
Absolutely. I always noticed him hustling out there.

Yes I think he’s going to be your leading scorer this season. I predict 80+ points. Then following year he may hit triple digits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad