Flint Firebirds 2023 - 24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Not sure if anyone caught it….I saw it in another thread…and we all kind of knew but Slavicek signed with a team Europe.
Wish we would get a camp roster.

See everyone else releasing them right now.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Have they released camp dates yet?
giphy.gif

Reactions: ohloutsider

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Flint’s GM Dave McParlan has been aggressive in reshaping the Firebirds. Lots of new faces. Time will tell if they have moved the needle.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Anybody make it to any of the scrimmages? Curious to hear people’s thoughts on all the new bodies in camp this year.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

Pre-season Roster is finally up.

Only thing that looks weird to me is they have the wrong Pitre listed.
Huh. Absolutely zero surprises coming out of camp? I would have loved to see them sign both Colosimo brothers and at least get them a little time during pre-season. We’ll see who actually gets into the games but I thought there’d be at least one kid to step up and get into the preseason games.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Huh. Absolutely zero surprises coming out of camp? I would have loved to see them sign both Colosimo brothers and at least get them a little time during pre-season. We’ll see who actually gets into the games but I thought there’d be at least one kid to step up and get into the preseason games.
Maybe they wait for an announcement before adding anyone?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I think most of us agree they need to add a veteran center. Their Centers listed currently are….

Kaden Pitre-18
Jimmy Lombardi-17
Karlis Flugins-17
Max Anderson-17
Gage Brandon-16

Now I think both Pitre and Lombardi are going to take big strides this year but that’s still really young for a team to take a shot at going somewhere in the postseason. We have no idea how Flugins will perform. NHL 3rd round draft pick or a kid that struggles to acclimate to NA and scores 8pts this year? Now I know they played Clattenburg at C last year and he looked decent but I think he’s more suited to the Wing and that’s not the best long term option. So my question is, with Rehkopf and Gardiner off the board, what team is legitimately selling this year with an available top 6….preferably top 3, Center? Sure, Flint added youth and picks recently but I’m less confident in the DCore now, and still think they need at least a 1C/2C if not a top 6 LW. I just don’t see a Center to target currently.

Reactions: dirty12

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I think most of us agree they need to add a veteran center. Their Centers listed currently are….

Kaden Pitre-18
Jimmy Lombardi-17
Karlis Flugins-17
Max Anderson-17
Gage Brandon-16

Now I think both Pitre and Lombardi are going to take big strides this year but that’s still really young for a team to take a shot at going somewhere in the postseason. We have no idea how Flugins will perform. NHL 3rd round draft pick or a kid that struggles to acclimate to NA and scores 8pts this year? Now I know they played Clattenburg at C last year and he looked decent but I think he’s more suited to the Wing and that’s not the best long term option. So my question is, with Rehkopf and Gardiner off the board, what team is legitimately selling this year with an available top 6….preferably top 3, Center? Sure, Flint added youth and picks recently but I’m less confident in the DCore now, and still think they need at least a 1C/2C if not a top 6 LW. I just don’t see a Center to target currently.
Allard? Wakley if he’s back? Seems like the alot of the good C options are OA’s now. Might be overlooking someone from a team that we don’t think will sell.

Reactions: Savard18

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Kaden Pitre-18
Jimmy Lombardi-17
Karlis Flugins-17
Max Anderson-17
Gage Brandon-16

Wakely if returned 100%

Reactions: Savard18

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

Kaden Pitre-18
Jimmy Lombardi-17
Karlis Flugins-17
Max Anderson-17
Gage Brandon-16

At this point right now, I think you gotta let the first 30-60 days shake out at least.

There will be a team or 2 who will underachieve, there will probably be some players unhappy with role (Hay last year) that want out.

I don't think this is a finished product by any means, I think we end up adding 2-3 players before Jan hits still.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Wakely if returned 100%
Yes. He is the only one that makes sense cost wise when you consider another OA would have to be moved weakening them at either RW or D. Basically creating a hole in the lineup by filling another one although I do believe all of Collins, Smith and even Konyen will have value at the trade deadline. I’m still a firm believer that even in today’s game that having two D like Smith and Collins will benefit them greatly come playoffs and there’s no other D in the org that can fill those shoes. I find it unlikely they go after another OA but you never know with this team. Allard? No. No way, he was thoroughly unimpressive after WJC and I don’t think spending assets to acquire him + moving one of the other OA’s makes any sense at all. Of course, that’s probably what they will do.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
At this point right now, I think you gotta let the first 30-60 days shake out at least.

There will be a team or 2 who will underachieve, there will probably be some players unhappy with role (Hay last year) that want out.

I don't think this is a finished product by any means, I think we end up adding 2-3 players before Jan hits still.
I agree annnnnnd, I mean if they can figure out a way to swing Wakely and then add Andonovski I’m completely down with that. 😉

Reactions: Toldyaso

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
That is 5-2024 draft picks signed to Standard OHL Agreements for Flint. How long can the Firebirds keep 5 rostered? Thanks in advance.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
That is 5-2024 draft picks signed to Standard OHL Agreements for Flint. How long can the Firebirds keep 5 rostered? Thanks in advance.
It’s been 10 years since the team has been in Flint and it’s been discussed on this board and numerous others multiple times and you still haven’t got this very basic information figured out?

Reactions: MJ5

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
LWCRW
Connor Clattenburg - 05 - 60 GP - 29 PKaden Pitre 06 - 35 GP - 30 PEvan Konyen *04* - 55 GP - 48 P
Nathan Aspinall 06 - 65 GP - 34 PJimmy Lombardi 07 - 62 GP - 20 PChristopher Thibodeau 05 - 68 GP 60 P
Matthew Wang 05 - 61 GP - 11 PXavier Tessier - 08 Rookie - 2nd roundAlex Kostov 06 - 66 GP - 26 P
Jeremy Martin 07 - 64 GP - 14 PMax Anderson - 07 - 18 GP - 0 PCole Zurawski - 08 Rookie - 1st round
Ryland Cunningham - 08 - Rookie - 2nd roundGage Brandon - 08 Rookie - 3rd round
Brendan Cooke - 07 - RookieJoushua Colosimo - 06 - Rookie
Karlis Flugins - Import
LDGRD
Urban Podrekar 05 - 62 GP - 22 PNathan Day 05Matthew Mania 05 - 45 GP - 23 P
Blake Smith *04* - 65 GP - 13 P Jacob Brown 06Nolan Collins *04* - 65 GP - 26 P
Artyom Frolov 07 - 67 GP - 12 PPatrick Sutherland 06Rylan Fellinger 07 - 58 GP - 4 P
Mason Taylor 06 - 3 GP - 0 P Jack D'Arcy 07 - 4 GP - 0 P
Christian Colosimo 08 - Rookie - 4th round

17 F
9 D (They do still list Stojkov, but I refuse too)
3 G

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
"Selected Players in the OHL
OHL Member Teams are permitted to register a maximum of four 16-year-old players selected in the OHL Priority Selection. Those 16 year old players that are allowed to be signed are the first two 16-year-old players selected and a maximum of two additional 16-year-old wild carded players in any round of the OHL Priority Selection.

All other 16-year-old players selected are eligible to be called up as an “affiliated player” or “floating affiliate player” for a maximum of 10 games or for any OHL regular season or playoff games when such player’s team has been eliminated from competition for that season."

So at least one of them is on a B card (affiliated) in other words. The younger Colosimo would likely be that one.

Reactions: TcNorth

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
That was about as intense I've seen a pre season game in Sarnia. Both teams really played with some energy & intensity. Your defence is gonna be no fun to play against w/Smith, Collins, Mania. Big & mean.

Clattenburg looks substantially better to me. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a go to guy. Thibedaeu impressive too.

Best of luck this yr 🍻

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad