Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
You are very uninformed as to status of immigration....not teams fault, get your facts correct.

Last Friday night while in Sarnia, a friend of mine who speaks fluent Belarussian/Russian spoke to Kolyachonok.

You are UNINFORMED as to what's going on with the status of Kolyachonok's immigration case...get your facts correct.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Prosvetov JUST got his paperwork fixed so he could play in Canada and Saginaw drafted him back in....April?

July same time as your import. He wasnt taken until after the NHL draft this last summer. Interesting enough he had no problem getting an American visa, Canada was the hold up. Your import is flip flopped for some reason.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
If Flint gave the C to anyone else but Ty that would not only raise an uproar but red flags!!! Ty had no choice but to wear the C whether he wanted to or not. And I can guarantee he worked his butt off last season, because it was his draft year!!

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
July same time as your import. He wasnt taken until after the NHL draft this last summer. Interesting enough he had no problem getting an American visa, Canada was the hold up. Your import is flip flopped for some reason.
He wasn't our import until 4 weeks ago. No idea what is disgusting about his immigration processing but it has only been the Firebirds problem for 4 weeks. Having no experience with immigration processing and visa matters can't speak to the cause of the hold up but not at all surprising that it might take a few weeks to get done. Haven't had since July to get it worked out like his draft team would have.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Prosvetov JUST got his paperwork fixed so he could play in Canada and Saginaw drafted him back in....April?

Drafted in May but didn't sign until July 9th. Some 3 and half months later he can play in both countries now. It could possibly be a while before Koly has his visa issues sorted out.

I wonder, at least for the foreseeable future, if American teams will shy away from east block players because of issues like these and instead take players from say Switzerland, Germany, Sweden etc.? I haven't checked the American teams in the WHL to see if they took any Russian/Belarussian/Ukrainian players in this year's Import draft. If they did, I'd be curious to see if they are having the same issues.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Drafted in May but didn't sign until July 9th. Some 3 and half months later he can play in both countries now. It could possibly be a while before Koly has his visa issues sorted out.

I wonder, at least for the foreseeable future, if American teams will shy away from east block players because of issues like these and instead take players from say Switzerland, Germany, Sweden etc.? I haven't checked the American teams in the WHL to see if they took any Russian/Belarussian/Ukrainian players in this year's Import draft. If they did, I'd be curious to see if they are having the same issues.
Well, Muskegon is loaded with Eastern Bloc players so they have it figured out. I'm not sure what the issues would be but Prosvetov and Kolyachonok are the only two I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others but the delay time on those two stand out. Especially since they're opposite country issues.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Just guessing but I believe Koly was visa’d, permitted or whatever to work for a Canadian company (Knights) and play in either country. Now that he’s part of a US company, a whole new set of rules and legalities applies and new permits to work in either country would need to be initiated from scratch. (I’m “texcanuck” for a reason)

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
He wasn't our import until 4 weeks ago. No idea what is disgusting about his immigration processing but it has only been the Firebirds problem for 4 weeks. Having no experience with immigration processing and visa matters can't speak to the cause of the hold up but not at all surprising that it might take a few weeks to get done. Haven't had since July to get it worked out like his draft team would have.

Koly can play in Canada but from what I heard the issue was US customs loosing paperwork or the paperwork not being filed. They had the money but no paperwork accordingly. He should be playing with the team tomorrow and Friday since these games are in Canada. Maybe no Wednesday as the game is in the Soo but Friday for certain since the game is in London. Hopefully the resolve can happen sooner rather than later.

Go Firebirds...

Reactions: Toldyaso

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Koly can play in Canada but from what I heard the issue was US customs loosing paperwork or the paperwork not being filed. They had the money but no paperwork accordingly. He should be playing with the team tomorrow and Friday since these games are in Canada. Maybe no Wednesday as the game is in the Soo but Friday for certain since the game is in London. Hopefully the resolve can happen sooner rather than later.

Go Firebirds...

Plain and simple INCOMPETENCE by the Firebirds/OHL. Look for him in the lineup Friday in London. If my Russian speaking friend is available to make the trip with us, I myself will hear directly from Kolyachonok.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Brock has released his preliminary Top 50 OHL'ers for the 2019 NHL draft. Thread and link on the OHL page. #22 Vladislav Kolyachonok, #27 Ethan Keppen, #45 Luke Cavallin and #50 Jacob Winterton. Surprised and glad to see Winterton on the list. If those boys can make the list with the way the team has been playing so far, there's certainly opportunity for all of them to move up the list. There's also time for Lucas Rowe to make a case he deserves to be on the list. I thought Holmes, Roberts and McCourt were all deserving of some consideration last year. It would be nice to see one or all of them make a case that they shouldn't have been overlooked and are worthy of consideration for 2019.

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Firebirds to get first win in London Friday night.
Well, you're the first one to call THAT for sure. I'll one up ya. 7-2 Firebirds. Vella with the game winner off a save on a delayed call where Boqvist misses the pass out to the point from Tymkin and it goes in the EN. Joel Farabee leaves BU and reports getting the insurance goal.

Reactions: MJ5

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Well, you're the first one to call THAT for sure. I'll one up ya. 7-2 Firebirds. Vella with the game winner off a save on a delayed call where Boqvist misses the pass out to the point from Tymkin and it goes in the EN. Joel Farabee leaves BU and reports getting the insurance goal.
Toldyaso chokes and sprays his coke from his nose. ;)

Reactions: Savard18 and MJ5

MiscAmerica

Oct 3, 2018
Plain and simple INCOMPETENCE by the Firebirds/OHL. Look for him in the lineup Friday in London. If my Russian speaking friend is available to make the trip with us, I myself will hear directly from Kolyachonok.

How? What could they do differently? For all the incompetence from the Firebirds, this isn’t one of them. You file the paperwork and then it’s on the countries State Departments. There isn’t anything else you can do. Even Jacob de la Rose, whom the Wings acquired from Montreal on waivers took a week before he was cleared to work in the US. I’d imagine the NHL has some sort of quick priority status or something that allows them through quicker, but even they lost time. Unless the Firebirds haven’t filled out the paperwork or took a while to do so after the claim, I can’t fathom how they’re at fault for this. If you have something that says otherwise can you share it or explain?

Reactions: MJ5 and Toldyaso

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

Go Firebirds...

I can tell you that he's in the Soo. I assume he will be playing as well.

Reactions: Savard18 and MJ5

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
I can tell you that he's in the Soo. I assume he will be playing as well.

He should have also played in the first game in the Soo. Thanks, Coach Wellwood, you're already making a difference. Will see you in London on Friday.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
How? What could they do differently? For all the incompetence from the Firebirds, this isn’t one of them. You file the paperwork and then it’s on the countries State Departments. There isn’t anything else you can do. Even Jacob de la Rose, whom the Wings acquired from Montreal on waivers took a week before he was cleared to work in the US. I’d imagine the NHL has some sort of quick priority status or something that allows them through quicker, but even they lost time. Unless the Firebirds haven’t filled out the paperwork or took a while to do so after the claim, I can’t fathom how they’re at fault for this. If you have something that says otherwise can you share it or explain?

They (the Firebirds/OHL) did not act on this quickly.

Kolyachonok could and should have gotten to the Soo and played in the first game he was eligible to play in, but that didn't happen.

Guess who was responsible for that?

Coach Wellwood is seeing that that doesn't happen again.

Reactions: MiscAmerica

MiscAmerica

Oct 3, 2018
They (the Firebirds/OHL) did not act on this quickly.

Kolyachonok could and should have gotten to the Soo and played in the first game he was eligible to play in, but that didn't happen.

Guess who was responsible for that?

Coach Wellwood is seeing that that doesn't happen again.

Gotcha. Yeah that’s pretty disappointing and unacceptable if that’s the case. Thanks for the reply back!

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
He couldn't play for play in the first soo game

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181031-102142_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20181031-102142_Twitter.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: MJ5

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
He couldn't play for play in the first soo game

Stop defending INCOMPETENCE.

If he wasn't eligible to play the first game in the Soo he wouldn't be able to play the second, nor the game in Sarnia.

Talk to Kolyachonok, (hows your Belarusian?) to see what he thinks about the situation.

Reactions: domi55us
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad