Prospect Info: Flames sign Laurent Brossoit to ELC ($925k AAV)

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
The timing on that was important as well as it was right before the deadline and most teams only had a couple of contracts spots and didn't want to fill them up with an accessory piece.

If Irving was on the trade block im positive a team would give up an asset to get him, so its not that he is unwanted per-say.

Im sure if a team made any offer at all feaster would have agreed.... there is no interest for irving im afraid.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
You mean 5 starts then demoted to the ahl after his only bad game in which the coach said wasn't his fault, yea all kinds of chances.

5 starts in a shortened season is pretty significant. At that time we were still aiming for that 8th spot, we didn't have ANY time to sit and wait for Irving to get his game together.

Did he play bad? Not really. Was he good enough to stick around? Was he stealing games or playing lights out? Absolutely not. And that's what it takes for the Flames to win. Always has.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
5 starts in a shortened season is pretty significant. At that time we were still aiming for that 8th spot, we didn't have ANY time to sit and wait for Irving to get his game together.

Did he play bad? Not really. Was he good enough to stick around? Was he stealing games or playing lights out? Absolutely not. And that's what it takes for the Flames to win. Always has.

Irving's 2-1-1 record is the best winning percentage any goalie on our team has this year, if it is all about winning he should be starting. People say Kipper gives us the best chance regardless of his numbers then by that logic Irving actually gives us the best chances regardless of his sv% and gaa.

fallsviewafro*

It is more of I want Berra to start in the AHL for a month before he comes to the nhl and so for that month I think letting Ortio play in the ECHL is the best option.

Berra's coming to the NHL? That's one hell of a presumptuous stretch.

fallsviewafro*

How is it presumptuous or a stretch?

Berra has reportedly agreed to a contract already. And the Flames appear very high on him.

Perhaps you misunderstood. "Comes" to the NHL is a far different thing from "succeeds" in the NHL.

Yes, maybe he will physically be present in the league. Whether or not he will be a capable backup is an entirely different question altogether, and simply assuming he will fit right into our plans starting next year is a stretch.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Perhaps you misunderstood. "Comes" to the NHL is a far different thing from "succeeds" in the NHL.

Yes, maybe he will physically be present in the league. Whether or not he will be a capable backup is an entirely different question altogether, and simply assuming he will fit right into our plans starting next year is a stretch.
You said him COMING to the NHL was a stretch. Nice back tracking. When you have no idea what you're talking about, its best not to talk.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

Wait your that Blues troll :laugh:

Well he can't be any worse than Halak or Elliot this year.

fallsviewafro*

You said him COMING to the NHL was a stretch. Nice back tracking. When you have no idea what you're talking about, its best not to talk.

Meh, lost in translation. Is it safe to say that someone who has signed an ELC has automatically earned a roster spot without having to prove themselves in an NA league? No, I don't think so. I don't know about you, but I prefer to have more than Feaster's hyperbole as reason for wearing the flaming C, but that's maybe just me.

By the way, you may want to get over yourself. Its ironic that you of all people is telling me that... :laugh:

Wait your that Blues troll :laugh:

Well he can't be any worse than Halak or Elliot this year.

Lol, Blues troll? Really? Check my post history.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Lol, Blues troll? Really? Check my post history, son.

Mad bad I guess you don't identify with the blues. Pretty stupid to say he won't come over after he has signed. If meant do well then say it, many goalies have come over and have had different levels of success nothing says he can't do well or poorly.

fallsviewafro*

Mad bad I guess you don't identify with the blues. Pretty stupid to say he won't come over after he has signed. If meant do well then say it, many goalies have come over and have had different levels of success nothing says he can't do well or poorly.

Well, bad on me for making the assumption that people would know a euroleague goalie would come over to the NHL after being invited by signing an ELC; I thought that much would be clear. Anyways, I don't think not being worse than Brian ****ing Elliot or Halak in an injury-riddled season is that great of a minimum standard.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we snagged the next Hiller, I just think its ridiculous that people assume he's going to walk in and be the backup without having to earn it.

SickHandsNoShot

May 7, 2012
Im sure if a team made any offer at all feaster would have agreed.... there is no interest for irving im afraid.

Ya cause teams often trade for injured AHL goalies :sarcasm:

Just got his first game back a couple days ago in the backup roll.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Well, bad on me for making the assumption that people would know a euroleague goalie would come over to the NHL after being invited by signing an ELC; I thought that much would be clear. Anyways, I don't think not being worse than Brian ****ing Elliot or Halak in an injury-riddled season is that great of a minimum standard.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we snagged the next Hiller, I just think its ridiculous that people assume he's going to walk in and be the backup without having to earn it.

Which makes no sense you quoted me who wants him to start in the ahl.

fallsviewafro*

Which makes no sense you quoted me who wants him to start in the ahl.

Its possible to respond to a specific statement and express a general sentiment, yeesh. You don't equal "all people," not to mention the fact I was re-iterating my point which was challenging someone who said he'd be in the NHL no problem.

Geez, people...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad