GDT: Flames @ Senators | Mad about Mads Edition | Mon Feb 13th 2023, 7:30PM | SN, RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Uh, yeah they would have helped our 5v5 scoring. Big time actually. That's pretty much their specialty and it's generally easier to do so versus 2nd and 3rd pairing dmen. We also don't have any sort of scoring depth past the top-6, so forwards of their caliber on the 3rd line would be a massive boost.
We do have scoring depth past the top 6 when we're healthy. Motte-Pinto-Joseph is perfectly fine. Even better if you add Formenton. I don't think Paul-Brown is a significant upgrade offensively over those guys. Defensively is a different story though.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We do have scoring depth past the top 6 when we're healthy. Motte-Pinto-Joseph is perfectly fine. Even better if you add Formenton. I don't think Paul-Brown is a significant upgrade offensively over those guys. Defensively is a different story though.

Motte and Joseph score like 4th liners, and tbh, so does Pinto at this stage of his career, especially 5v5(15 pts over 50 games). To say Brown and Paul aren't big upgrades is dead wrong.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If we had scoring depth we'd be a lot better than what we are.. Where is the scoring depth in Joseph? Motte is a little better but a far cry from Brown or Paul or Formenton if he's in the equation.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Cassie Campbell just said on the pregame show that she doesn’t think DeBrincat will want to stay in Ottawa because

1. He’s American
2. Giroux’s contract will be done in a couple of years and he’s the only player DeBrincat has found chemistry with

:rolleyes:

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Cassie Campbell just said on the pregame show that she doesn’t think DeBrincat will want to stay in Ottawa because

1. He’s American
2. Giroux’s contract will be done in a couple of years and he’s the only player DeBrincat has found chemistry with

Giroux could stay in Ottawa until he retires for all we know. It wouldn't surprise me to see him go the Spezza route and take less to help the team. I doubt he's anything less than 3rd line quality for the rest of his career, he seems very much in the Alfie ilk that he'll age really well.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Giroux could stay in Ottawa until he retires for all we know. It wouldn't surprise me to see him go the Spezza route and take less to help the team. I doubt he's anything less than 3rd line quality for the rest of his career, he seems very much in the Alfie ilk that he'll age really well.

Giroux's next contract will be a Reggie Dunlop player/coach deal.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011

1. He’s American

Anson Carter also unironically proposed that Kyle Dubas should trade for Erik Karlsson. I don’t think any of these sportsnet people actually watch the games anymore lol

E: Forgot Cassie was married to the AGM of the Flames, should probably have given her the night off

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

1. He’s American

Uh... Somebody get Pierre McGuire on the line to educate Mrs Campbell...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

1. He’s American

Did she say he and Giroux would definitely want to sign in Toronto for league minimum?

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Lets rock those Western boys...

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 1.08.09 PM.png

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Anson Carter also unironically proposed that Kyle Dubas should trade for Erik Karlsson. I don’t think any of these sportsnet people actually watch the games anymore lol

E: Forgot Cassie was married to the AGM of the Flames, should probably have given her the night off

Ha ha ha ha, thankfully I have it recorded so I can watch that later.

And with whom would Toronto be parting to make a trade for EK feasible?

ksens

Mar 8, 2006

1. He’s American

TBF she also suggested that the Sens pick up Spencer Martin off of waivers which is not the worst idea in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad