Confirmed with Link: Flames re-sign Yegor Sharangovich (5 years, $5.75m)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I love this.

Cap goes up. He stays beyond this, or we deal him with retention in 4 or so years for another haul after a few 30 goal seasons.

May I love Conroy.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I think it’s completely reasonable. If he can play at a 55 point pace as a 2nd line winger for the life of this deal, it’s probably good value. I don’t see any reason why he can’t do that. I’m not sure there’s much runway left for him growth wise - if there is it’s a fantastic deal.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Not a fan of this contract, but we have a bunch of cap space and someone needs to score goals
Whats the reasoning here? Seems like a reasonable rate. I mean, we were paying Mangiapane more, for less.

Just because Mangiapane’s contract was bad, doesn’t necessarily mean Sharangovich’s is good. But interested to hear a different opinion - consensus seems overwhelmingly positive so far.

Reactions: joescores

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
What exact
Not a fan of this contract, but we have a bunch of cap space and someone needs to score goals
What exactly you don't like about it? It's perfectly deserving from my point of view.

Luke we did
Should have waited a six months to a year.

That 17.3 shooting percentage is a concern.
Like Tre did with Chucky and Johnny right?

Reactions: algernon

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
At least if offence dries up a bit he’s versatile and can be a good defensive forward. I also like how we won’t have hardly any contracts hanging over our heads this year.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
You're really gonna compare two proven superstars to a semi-proven secondary player like Gogo? Losing Gogo is not even remotely in the same realm of reality.
No, I am comparing a missed opportunity when both Johnny and Chucky were willing to sign a year before their contracts expired.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Whats the reasoning here? Seems like a reasonable rate. I mean, we were paying Mangiapane more, for less.

Just because Mangiapane’s contract was bad, doesn’t necessarily mean Sharangovich’s is good. But interested to hear a different opinion - consensus seems overwhelmingly positive so far.
I liked Mangiapane. Astute defensively, reliable even strength producer and one of many failed by our abject PP. He also played through a horrible shoulder injury in 22/23 that he had to rehab the summer before last season. He’ll rebound next year.

I think Yegor is one-dimensional. Good guy to have on a bad team and the cap will go up for sure. But right now, I wish we held off on extending. I was hoping we’d dangle him for a 1st at the deadline

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad