Flames part ways with Marc Savard

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Maybe he has inside information.
He knows the guy personnally (played with him at a charity IIRC) and already texted him when Berube was hired to know if he was joining him. Told him at the time he could not say anything.

I guess he can now. Sounds like a done deal given the past history between Berube and Savard.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Calgary has putrid talent on their pp. That’s not on the coach.

Huberdeau is a f***ing dud
Kadri isn’t a skilled guy
No PP QB…. And no weegar is not a qb and never has been
Mangipane is a not a pp guy
Backlund is a defensive player

Pretty abysmal
Kadri is a very skilled player

Huberdeau should at the minimum be a PP leach and be able to still get some apples there as he has the vision still

The other 3 cant comment on to much, but Weegar + Magniapane seems pretty good and capable of being top 10ish PP

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I don't follow coaches. But if he comes to Toronto as rumoured.... I don't want his PP coaching abilities lol. Calgary regressed further on the PP this year to 23rd.

Given Toronto has issues on the PP in the latter part of seasons and in the playoffs, I don't think this would be a wise move.

Now, if Marner or JT don't waive their NMC, it will probably be the same as this year lol.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Kadri is a very skilled player

Huberdeau should at the minimum be a PP leach and be able to still get some apples there as he has the vision still

The other 3 cant comment on to much, but Weegar + Magniapane seems pretty good and capable of being top 10ish PP

Kadri has some skills but cheap shotting guys and whining don't really help on the power play.

Reactions: JKG33

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Didn’t think it would get worse than Kirk Muller. Savard somehow crawled under a bar that was on the floor.

Leafs have better PP personnel than us but I’m happy he’s gone

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Can't be worse than what we had... 26th ranked PP after March and 4% in the playoffs with 0 adjustments.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad