HF Habs: Flames or Panthers 1st Round Pick 2025

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Flames pick up another point with an OTL in Seattle.

Calgary will finish ahead of the usual dregs of the league SJ/ANA/CHI/CBJ/MTL. Can they finish ahead of 5 more teams? I like the odds more and more every day. They already have a 9 point lead on Nashville. Lol

West is not that strong and the Flames "pride" is going to push them to win more than expected. Still expecting to get the Panthers pick (20+) but if the Flames finish outside of the bottom 10, that's just awesome!

99% Chance that's going to be Florida pick

I would have had it at 99% before the season started. After the Flames start, I'd lower it to 75%

Reactions: 26Mats

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Flames 1st + for Rasmus Anderson?

I think KH may try to wait to sign him in the summer for free!
That would be a missed opportunity, and I don't think he's going to be GM long enough to afford skipping those too often. Berg only lasted so long and his predecessor, 1 year. Hughes demonstrated he can gamble with Dach, Newhook, Barron & Laine, now it's time to show he can do hockey trades with a strong hand.

I don't think any MTL GM ever had strong cards like he has. Not in the last 2 decades anyhow.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
That would be a missed opportunity, and I don't think he's going to be GM long enough to afford skipping those too often. Berg only lasted so long and his predecessor, 1 year. Hughes demonstrated he can gamble with Dach, Newhook, Barron & Laine, now it's time to show he can do hockey trades with a strong hand.

I don't think any MTL GM ever had strong cards like he has. Not in the last 2 decades anyhow.
Wasn’t Bergevin here for 9,10 years? That’s pretty long. I’d be shocked if Hughes isn’t here that long or longer

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad