Cirelli= Pelletier, Valamaki and 15th overall

Guadreau-Monahan-Lindbholm
Tkachuk-Cirelli-Johnson

Girodano-TJ Bodie ( if room )
Hanfin-Cernarik

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I would love to see one offer of hfboards for Cirelli that started with X player will help the Lightning win the cup over X pick will get Lightning under the cap.
Avs fans talk on their own board about a potential Kadri/Cirelli trade. Avs add whatever is needed but Kadri has that ridiculous cheap contract with 2 years left and can replace what Cirelli does now by playing that shutdown role.

Again, Avs fans realize they’d be adding a lot, but I think it’s a deal that makes some sense. TB improves their cap situation and doesn’t even get any worse despite giving up Tony. Cirelli will certainly be better in the future but as of right now they’re very similar level players who play very similar roles.

Plus, Naz back in the division torching the Leafs would be excellent.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Avs fans talk on their own board about a potential Kadri/Cirelli trade. Avs add whatever is needed but Kadri has that ridiculous cheap contract with 2 years left and can replace what Cirelli does now by playing that shutdown role.

Again, Avs fans realize they’d be adding a lot, but I think it’s a deal that makes some sense. TB improves their cap situation and doesn’t even get any worse despite giving up Tony. Cirelli will certainly be better in the future but as of right now they’re very similar level players who play very similar roles.

Unless there is an offer sheet involved why would Cirelli bridge deal be more than Kadri's 2 year 4.5m and save Lightning cap space?

Saying that, 100 times better than offers on here where team would give up 1st round picks to acquire Cirelli. I can look at the offer and say Kadri helps in a cup run.

Its really hard to come up with an offer that makes sense for TBL. Lets say Flyers as example. Say Flyers offer Frost and Hagg. Flyers would have to make more moves to get under the cap (trade Ghost?). You would have to play a 20 year old Zamula at d.

Yes TBL can put Hagg on bottom pairing, Frost can play 3c next year and then long term hope Frost turns into a top 6 f. But I can't honestly say TBL would be in better shape to win cup in 2021.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
What if you can't move Johnson any other way?

I look forward to watching the Bolts maneuver through the cap this off season. Should be interesting.

Johnson is far from an impossible move. For the record I think Killorn goes first and they would still get an asset for him even if they sell him low. They would be much better off giving high value in futures to a club to take Johnson or Gourde than selling low on their core players.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
As for the OP reasoning there’s 30 teams in the league and many that would target Cirelli. TB hands aren’t handcuffed to only dealing with Calgary which is the main flaw in the argument of accept the value I offer as it’s better than an offer sheet.

Let’s also not forget there’s no state income tax so either player could sign a bridge contract and still come out ahead over signing an OS with another club.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

...what's being added?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I look forward to watching the Bolts maneuver through the cap this off season. Should be interesting.

So Johnson only agrees to waive if Cirelli and Cernak move too?

In a world where Johnson agrees to waive--which, let's be clear, i don't think will happen--we will find a way to move him in order to keep our three RFAs. Getting reasonable value back for Johnson is not nearly as important as keeping the others.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Wishful thinking. Kadri doesn’t have that kind of value and practically no cap saving for Tampa.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Avs would have to retain on Naz and add a significant add.

FanTheFlames

Aug 20, 2017
I think Tampa is in tight this offseason which is gonna hurt the value of the players but if you don't move someone then I'm pretty sure we will see someone offer Cirelli $4,227,437 and forfeit the 2nd or if they have a late first and don't like the depth of next year's draft going a little higher for the 1st and 3rd and forcing Tampa to make a lopsided trade anyway to match or letting him walk.

Reactions: Sam Pollock

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think Tampa is in tight this offseason which is gonna hurt the value of the players but if you don't move someone then I'm pretty sure we will see someone offer Cirelli $4,227,437 and forfeit the 2nd or if they have a late first and don't like the depth of next year's draft going a little higher for the 1st and 3rd and forcing Tampa to make a lopsided trade anyway to match or letting him walk.

Tampa would love a team to offer Cirelli 4.22M for 5 years, they would match before the fax even finishes coming through. If Cirelli is patient he would make more than that in a year or two when we free up another contract or two. He just needs to take a lesser bridge this season due to the flat cap but he will still get paid pretty good to what he is now.

If Tampa trades Killorn and Paquette for futures and resigns a bunch of RFA's to 700-800k they should have close to 7.6M to sign the big RFA's in Cirelli, Cernak and Sergachev. So they aren’t that far off of what they need to sign them if those guys want more money. They aren't as dire as it seems, they'll make it work without losing someone they don't want to.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Tampa would love a team to offer Cirelli 4.22M for 5 years, they would match before the fax even finishes coming through. If Cirelli is patient he would make more than that in a year or two when we free up another contract or two. He just needs to take a lesser bridge this season due to the flat cap but he will still get paid pretty good to what he is now.

If Tampa trades Killorn and Paquette for futures and resigns a bunch of RFA's to 700-800k they should have close to 7.6M to sign the big RFA's in Cirelli, Cernak and Sergachev. So they aren’t that far off of what they need to sign them if those guys want more money. They aren't as dire as it seems, they'll make it work without losing someone they don't want to.
One point I keep making is why would any young RFA want to sign long term right now, when their value is at the lowest? 75% of the league have cap issues coming up, the cap is remaining flat for at least 2 years. As a good young player, you are signing at the lowest point for you to make your big money.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Johnson is, but isn't a cap dump.

He's cheap, but too expensive for Tampa because they're stacked with offensively talent.

Tampa is likely to deal him, but they're not going to have to lower a player's value, or ads an asset to move him.

Worst case, they probably get a 2nd from a team like Buffalo at worst.

They can likely sign Cirelli and Cernak to bridge deals until the new tv deal takes place and is counted into the projected salary cap.

Might have to deal Killorn, or Gourde. Bergevin is dumb and would jump on either, so I don't think Tampa will have any real issue this off season.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Johnson is, but isn't a cap dump.

He's cheap, but too expensive for Tampa because they're stacked with offensively talent.

Tampa is likely to deal him, but they're not going to have to lower a player's value, or ads an asset to move him.

Worst case, they probably get a 2nd from a team like Buffalo at worst.

They can likely sign Cirelli and Cernak to bridge deals until the new tv deal takes place and is counted into the projected salary cap.

Might have to deal Killorn, or Gourde. Bergevin is dumb and would jump on either, so I don't think Tampa will have any real issue this off season.
I would be shocked if we start next year with killlorn. He's been great, but he doesn't have a NTC.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
To :bolts

Dillon Dube
Oliver Kylington
Jakob Pelletier
2020 1st round pick (CGY) *roughly 15th overall
2021 2nd round pick (CGY)

To :flames

Anthony Cirelli
Erik Cernak
Tyler Johnson *if he'll waive his NTC for an opportunity in CGY top 6

Tampa clears out salary, roughly $13 million total once the RFA contracts are sorted out. They get two good young players, one a D man and one a forward, to take Cirelli/Cernak roster spots plus a nice package of futures because they are obviously giving up the better players. They also have depth on their roster to afford the loss of these players and still be a top team. Offer sheets could be coming and this prevents them from having to deal with that as well. In a perfect world for Tampa, they obviously keep these players but the flat cap has made them keeping their roster together very unlikely.

Flames do it because they fill three huge holes on their roster that need to be filled in order to compete with the current core. A good young two way 2C with upside to slot between Monahan and Backlund, a good young top 4 RHD to slot behind Andersson long term, and a top 6 forward with a right hand shot that can also play C. They are not short term fixes either, as both Cirelli and Cernak are young and as RFA's can be extended long term. Johnson is not as young, but has term left on his deal and given time in the top 6 will very likely return to producing like a top 6 forward again.
How does this trade fix the Flames’ core, which is what they need to do?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Aren’t the Flames biggest needs are a 2C and a top 4 RHD?
There are a lot more issues than just that if they lose in round one. (They’re beating the Jets). Johnny and Sean will be questioned about their playoff performances.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
How does this trade fix the Flames’ core, which is what they need to do?

If they lose they may make bigger changes, but they may also just try to add to their core if possible. The biggest holes on the roster are:

#1/2C
Top six right shooting right wing
2nd pair RHD
Goaltending

This trade would help the first 3 without question.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Sabres would give Tampa a way better deal for Anthony Cirelli .. Starting with the 8th pick..

It would have to be a lot more than way better for them to trade him in division and give a rival the 2C they've been missing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Wishful thinking. Kadri doesn’t have that kind of value and practically no cap saving for Tampa.

Honestly... if the Aves retain, and add a bit, it's probably the best offer we've seen for Cirelli so far, and the only one that makes me think, "Well, if he HAS to go..."

It's the one offer that actually replaces Cirelli, and we don't have a skill player with Kadri's nastiness. I think he would be a good fit in TB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad