GDT: FLAMES (5-4-2) at DEVILS (9-3-0) v5 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Flames win 5-2. Also, I've seen a lot of people mention how much Johnny would fit on this Devils team. High-flying, fast and young. CBJ looks like they'll be bad for the forseeable future unless they land Bedard, NJ is a team on the cusp of being a playoff contender. Is the anonyminity in CBJ worth the trade off playing for a actually good team?

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Be butter. Go Flam!

Flames win 5-2. Also, I've seen a lot of people mention how much Johnny would fit on this Devils team. High-flying, fast and young. CBJ looks like they'll be bad for the forseeable future unless they land Bedard, NJ is a team on the cusp of being a playoff contender. Is the anonyminity in CBJ worth the trade off playing for a actually good team?

There's a lot of pressure on him in CBJ for sure. I don't think he had a lot of offers on the table even though IMO he should have. He is playing decently and we all know he is a legit superstar in his own right. Hope it turns around there eventually. But yeah, I'm sure he thinks about his decision once in awhile.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Haven't been able to watch the past few games in full. Finally have time today, which means the losing streak ends now :sarcasm:

This should be an exciting game though, NJD has a lot of young talent and they've been playing incredibly well, and it looks like your first line is finally starting to pick up steam. Now if only we can get a decent goaltending performance. He's been below a .900% in the last 3 of 4 games, and barely above .900 sv% in the other one.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

With the way it happened I doubt Columbus was an option until he realized he couldn't go to Philly and didn't want to go to New Jersey. Him ending up there just reeks of Philly tunnel vision and scrambling afterwards to make something work. NJ is the better fit stylistically but I doubt he wanted to play there as a Flyers fan.

Reactions: Tofveve

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Not feeling to good about this one tonight, jersey has been very solid this year and are very quick, hope the boys can prove me wrong and Vladar can help get the W!

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
With the way it happened I doubt Columbus was an option until he realized he couldn't go to Philly and didn't want to go to New Jersey. Him ending up there just reeks of Philly tunnel vision and scrambling afterwards to make something work. NJ is the better fit stylistically but I doubt he wanted to play there as a Flyers fan.
He grew up a Flyers fan and his best buddy Hayes is on the Flyers.

0 doubt in my mind that Philadelphia was his 1st choice. Unfortunately for him Fletcher was too busy throwing money at scrubs to make room for him.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space

0 doubt in my mind that Philadelphia was his 1st choice. Unfortunately for him Fletcher was too busy throwing money at scrubs to make room for him.

God Fletcher is an idiot lol

Reactions: Tofveve and Dack

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

Yeah I'm amazed Fletcher was completely fine with letting a FA like that who wants to sign go for a couple of easily replaceable players.

Reactions: Dack

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Gaudreau will end up in Philly by year 4 of that contract. Columbus is never gonna come close to the playoffs in the short-term.

Markstrom again :popcorn:

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Wow huberdeau, tanev, kylington and stone out and back to back markstrom going for our 6th straight loss ahaha atleast my expectations have lowered, let get it done boys!

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

Did he actually have an offer from NJ?

Regarding Huberdeau hopefully it's not anxiety issues or something like that. Total speculation on my part. Maybe the flue which is definitely going around.

Last edited:

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
What the hell. "I want to give Vlad a game a week" enter Marky b2b edition. Guess he'll play Thurs then and/or start the second in this one. Looking at the sched it actually looks like he's giving Vlad the chance to play his old team Thurs. I thought we played the rags next for some reason.

Oh welp shit lineup. Expecting #6
It is only the second game of the year that we're betting underdogs. Beat the oil in their barn in the first. We were slight faves yesterday.
That'll happen w our crazy home stretch we had there.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Did he actually have an offer from NJ?

Hopefully it's not anxiety issues or something with Huberdeau. Total speculation on my part. Maybe the flue which is definitely going around.

The rumored deal was for more money. So he took less money from us and New Jersey to go to Columbus. Doesn't really make much sense until you factor him really only wanting to go to Philadelphia and being a Flyers fan his entire life.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Sutter ripping our defensive depth is kind of hilarious when in pre-season we were talking about having 8-9 NHL ready d-men. He ain't wrong though.

And I'll re-iterate what I said a few days ago, there are still fans who want to trade Hanifin for a forward, f***ing lmao.

Reactions: flames23

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
It’s time

4D679090-97D1-4F12-80BB-F5125F18D834.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad